NFL Draft NFL Combine Thread

Advertisement
Kaiir had a really good combine, his drill work was smooth & showed his natural ability.

He’s a kid who played good in college, but will play even better in the league.

He has the ideal size & speed combo to be a very good corner, just has some minor tweaks to his technique to refine.

We never had a chance with him, did we, smh?

Bubba never looked slow to me, he just looked out of position a lot. Happy for him!
Agree. What was his shuttle time? He seemed quick to me. Don't know if it was the coaches or him, but he looked like he regressed a lot in 2021. I think he could surprise a team in the league that gives him a chance.

Gifted with very high upside & good ball skills.

The 2nd best CB in the draft, the only thing that holds him back is he sometimes gets too overly confident in his athletic ability & plays lazy in coverage when he doesn’t respect the WR in front of him.

When he’s healthy & he’s on, he’s a really really good Corner, but he’s dealt with a number of injuries throughout his career & if you’re a GM the main thing you wanna find out with him is how much does he absolutely Football & is he relentless worker? From everything I’ve heard he checks off the boxes in that department, but it’s something to monitor if you plan on drafting him in the top 10.

I haven’t talked much about him because there’s no way on Earth he’ll still be available at 14 lol, he’s a lottery pick player without question.
In other words, check his tape from the 2019 season.

Advertisement
Rambo can definitely play in the league and that speed is not a problem at all. Its just fine.

I think he's more of an upside #3 type, but maybe on a bad team w/ **** WRs he could be that #2...we'll see. I loved his improvement this year and he got better as the year went on. Teams in the NFL should really like that about him.

re: KJ Osborn...while his numbers weren't as good as they were at Buffalo here in Miami, he did EVERYTHING here...returned kicks, blocked like a mad man, played in the offense and gave max effort. He then aced the off-season (80th percentile athlete at WR). And...he came in worked his *** off on specials and eventually got burn at WR and continues to succeed.

Last edited:
Agree with you on Kenneth Walker, I think he was a really good college back but he may struggle in the NFL due to his propensity to not just hit the hole & run.

Kennedy Brooks reminds me of David Montgomery, he probably won’t run a good 4.5 time, but he has very good contact balance & his field vision earns him extra yards by simply making the right move in traffic. When I watched him a lot at Oklahoma rarely did he ever hit the wrong hole or panic at the line of scrimmage like some RB’s do & immediately bail on the block developments, he got rewarded for being a patient runner often.

I’m interested to see how Breece Hall does, he kinda reminds me of a Melvin Gordon type, a big power back with more breakaway speed than most realize. He looks like a typical downhill lumbering runner, but he’s actually shifty with some quickness & good footwork in space. He’s like slow & fast at the same time lol. If he runs anything below a sub 4.6 I think he gets drafted in the 1st round.

Agree with your Isaiah Spiller assessment too, he’s not a straight line speed guy but is very agile & always makes the first defender miss, he won’t wow you with raw athleticism, but he’s a difficult runner to bring down in the open field.

Sincere McCormick is my big sleeper of this class, IMO he has potential to be a productive back in the league if he gets drafted to the right team. He has good burst & acceleration into the second level among this RB group IMO.

But agree with everything else you wrote, appreciate the insight brotha!

Well I was dead wrong - the RB's were much faster than I thought. Breece Hall killed it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I guarantee he will be a mid to late round steal and make him some $$$$ down the line.

Yeah, that composite score is impressive. Someone's going to take a chance on him. He's got all the potential needed, just needs to use that head on his shoulders.

Yeah, that composite score is impressive. Someone's going to take a chance on him. He's got all the potential needed, just needs to use that head on his shoulders.
He will. He will get the coaching he million need somewhere. It's just the thing of who lands him and takes the chance on him.

Baltimore would He a good landing spot. Philly would be a good landing spot, they're known for taking chances on players, look at their LT who didn't play football til college and now one of the best LTs in football. Bills would be another great spot, they always seem to have great DBs, even when they sucked.

Advertisement
Great athlete and testing numbers

I’d take a day 3 flier on him. Special teams guy at worst and on a round 5 or later contract who cares.

@djnellz mentioned the eagles. That’s a perfect fit if he falls to the 5th because they have no safety talent and 3 5th rounders.

Advertisement
Back