Next LSU ...?

Advertisement
I think the 2020 Canes will be surprising in that the offensive numbers will be hugely improved (top 40) but the defense will end up dropping off significantly because the number of offensive plays will also result in a corresponding increase of defensive plays. Instead of losing games 13-0, Miami will lose games 38-35. I'm not impressed with the Manny Diaz defense. Never have been. It's high risk, high reward but I don't think its "solid" in the sense that you can depend on the D to keep the opponent from driving down the field in a 2 minute drill and scoring points. We end up winning 9 games and Diaz gets another year, with the same disappointing defensive staff that is mediocre at coaching and absolutely brutal at recruiting.

If the new O is able to convert a third down here or there it will only help that D.

Going uptempo three and outs won’t be that much different than what we’ve seen tho.

I don’t see how the D can be hurt.

Advertisement
Lsu has had 10 plus years of stack top 5-10 classes. WE ARE NOT THAT!!! They are deep as ****. But even with all the bullsh1t and negative news ppl on here are predicting another 6-6 season. With all our warts we were a FG kicker away from being 9-3. I really think we will be in the OB next year.

Great post. That's the only way to evaluate something like this, by identifying programs that have recruited at elite level but results have not cooperated. LSU was a glaring candidate. This ranking prior to the season had them 3rd in recruiting over a 4-year period:

If the same criteria were applied going forward, and the 2020 class included as well...the supposed darkhorse candidates would be Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida and Auburn.

I detect a trend there, a commonality.

Texas would also be in the mix

Advertisement
Connely is originally from the Miami area, but went to Missouri.

He claims to be just a Mizzou fan. But I sometimes get the impression he’s more of a Miami fan than a Missouri fan.

This is something of a homer article.

I think we're closest to THIS LSU...

Screenshot_20200108-010346_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
As I watched us this past season - it was difficult to NOT come to the conclusion - yep - we're the next LSU - gonna shine in 2020.

Careful review of our Oline and QB performances leave no doubt.

Clemson is screwed.

With the right staff, we absolutely could be back in 2 seasons. 2020 with current staff? Highly unlikely

People that think this team is about to make a jump haven't paid attention to the last 30 games. Best case scenario for this team is 9 wins next season.

Advertisement
I don't know crap about Washington but UGA shot its load in title game against Bama. That was its moment and it passed. The hill goes down now that(shockingly) Marks recruits are gone. Guy is smoking serious ganja man about Miami. We are nowhere near anything.

Interesting supportive article from ESPN analyst..

let's hope!

This stuff is nothing more than click-bait.

Miami is a polarizing program—loved or hated—so they’re always a shoo-in for these dumb articles.

This is also the stupid crap that leads to, “Are the Canes back??” type in-season commentary—setting false expectations, followed by disappointment based on said expectations.

Richt went 7-9 after the 10-0 start—yet some picked Canes to win Coastal and set way too lofty expectations for a program that’s been in the toilet for 15 years—leading to people being shell-shocked at 6-7 under a first-year, first-time head coach.

Lsu has had 10 plus years of stack top 5-10 classes. WE ARE NOT THAT!!! They are deep as ****. But even with all the bullsh1t and negative news ppl on here are predicting another 6-6 season. With all our warts we were a FG kicker away from being 9-3. I really think we will be in the OB next year.

they giving tickets away to the team...

Advertisement
Back