Burrow
16 tds 5 ints
2900 passing yards
57.8%

to 2019
55 tds 5 ints
5200 passing yards
77%

all that changed was an offensive system and increased dedication from burrow. Maybe we can see a jump(not to that level of course)
Our QBs lack the dedication to do what Burrow did. They look for the first excuse to stop trying.

I mean ..... IF and only IF, the OC comes in and uses the athletes that he has never had access to, I think we can get back to respectability. Right now we don't have a QB on the roster to fit quick and short reads. I hope its TVD. You have to have a brain that can process quickly and that eliminates JW. You also have to be accurate which eliminates Perry. Combine the lack of brain process and accuracy and you eliminate Martell.

If TVD can run this offense then I could see a big turn around. I am one of those that think Zion Nelson will be much improved after getting handed to the wolves.

Advertisement
I mean ..... IF and only IF, the OC comes in and uses the athletes that he has never had access to, I think we can get back to respectability. Right now we don't have a QB on the roster to fit quick and short reads. I hope its TVD. You have to have a brain that can process quickly and that eliminates JW. You also have to be accurate which eliminates Perry. Combine the lack of brain process and accuracy and you eliminate Martell.

If TVD can run this offense then I could see a big turn around. I am one of those that think Zion Nelson will be much improved after getting handed to the wolves.
Watching Matocha in high school, I don't understand why he's not in the picture. Maybe not a cannon for an arm, but his football IQ looked really, really good.

I think Zion will be much improved also, but that doesn’t make him going to elite status I don’t believe. Maybe we can use Matocha - kid looked the part in spread offense coming out of HS. You know what they say about Texas QB’s, let’s roll the dice and see if he can win the job. His combo passing/rushing skills could really help make the difference on offense and scoring points. I think the OL as a whole will appear to be much better if only because we won’t be under center with a 7 step drop waiting on long routes to develop. Not knocking TVD, I think he will shine in orange and green. But I think Peyton is going to turn heads this Spring.

Advertisement
Watching Matocha in high school, I don't understand why he's not in the picture. Maybe not a cannon for an arm, but his football IQ looked really, really good.
I completely forgot about him to be honest. You are correct. You don't need a canon, just accurate and able to make quick decisions. I need to start including him in the discussion. He could be one of those lower rated kids that get in the right system and tear it up.

Lsu has had 10 plus years of stack top 5-10 classes. WE ARE NOT THAT!!! They are deep as ****. But even with all the bullsh1t and negative news ppl on here are predicting another 6-6 season. With all our warts we were a FG kicker away from being 9-3. I really think we will be in the OB next year.

Last edited:
I think Zion will be much improved also, but that doesn’t make him going to elite status I don’t believe. Maybe we can use Matocha - kid looked the part in spread offense coming out of HS. You know what they say about Texas QB’s, let’s roll the dice and see if he can win the job. His combo passing/rushing skills could really help make the difference on offense and scoring points. I think the OL as a whole will appear to be much better if only because we won’t be under center with a 7 step drop waiting on long routes to develop. Not knocking TVD, I think he will shine in orange and green. But I think Peyton is going to turn heads this Spring.
I completely agree. Peyton may come out of no where and win the job because of the system. Watching his tape, that's what he excelled in. He just didn't have the big arm. And yes, the three step drop will help the big guys up front.

Advertisement
Back