Off-Topic New York Pizza

Cajuncane

Senior
Premium
Was thinking of ordering some pizza and need one of the Canes living up that way to give me some advice to which place might be the best to have them shipped from .

They have Joe’s and Bartolini’s listed.Are either of them any good?

your idea’s as to where my bet bet my be?

‘TIA

Advertisement
If it's the original Joe's, it is one of the best.
It says it is and I appreciate the advice.Was going to order them from there but figured I’d ask to reaffirm.Seems this dis ussion has happened here before and I remember Joe’s being highly recommended

Advertisement
Thing about Joe’s is they say they’re shipping out of their Michigan site because of COVID.Kind of negates it being NY pizza.

I saw where Carlos Bakery had a 4.8* rating out of 5.I know their cakes and sHT are that good but is their pizza that good also?

where you ordering from?
Was going to order from Joe’s until I saw they were shipping from Michigan.

‘Then I saw Carlos Bakery had the highest rating besides them but I thought they were a bakery🤷‍♂️

gonna end up paying 20-25 bucks a pie so I’m waiting on someone with better info to tell me Carlos’ actually has good pizza or has a better suggestion

Advertisement
Was going to order from Joe’s until I saw they were shipping from Michigan.

‘Then I saw Carlos Bakery had the highest rating besides them but I thought they were a bakery🤷‍♂️

gonna end up paying 20-25 bucks a pie so I’m waiting on someone with better info to tell me Carlos’ actually has good pizza or has a better suggestion
never been to their hoboken shop, but their franchise bakery locations are trash if that helps at all (it doesnt with pizza, but more about quality i guess).

you using gold something as the medium?

lou malnattis ships nationwide too if you like deep dish

never been to their hoboken shop, but their franchise bakery locations are trash if that helps at all (it doesnt with pizza, but more about quality i guess).

you using gold something as the medium?

lou malnattis ships nationwide too if you like deep dish
Don’t like deep dish..too much bread.Haven’t had NY Pizza in years and just thought about ordering some.Money really isn’t the issue but I just want to make sure that whatever I ship isn’t just Dominoes with NY address..

you know anything about Bertolino’s ?

Advertisement
Don’t like deep dish..too much bread.Haven’t had NY Pizza in years and just thought about ordering some.Money really isn’t the issue but I just want to make sure that whatever I ship isn’t just Dominoes with NY address..

you know anything about Bertolino’s ?

thats fair. i did see that joes isnt shipping from NYC and knowing that, id pass too. ive had lucali (the Miami beach location not BK) and wasn't impressed w that location specifically. i assume BK is better. Di Fara is supposedly the **** but haven't been myself. artichoke was decent.

My Dad’s up in Mass.. So I might call him and see what he’d recommend or just say fck it and ship from Carlos since it has the highest rating left on goldbellys..it only 100 bucks and if it’s ****** it’s no big deal.I mean how bad can you fck up pizza.

Advertisement
You ever eaten pizza that was shipped ?

Yeah. Many, many times. Probably about as many times as I've eaten pizza in NYC, having lived there for many years.

The notion of taking a perfectly good New York pizza, wrapping it up, potentially freezing/shipping it for days, then putting it in a regular oven is one of the most disrespectful things I've ever heard in my entire life.

Next you're gonna talk about shipping a bagel then toasting it.

Advertisement
Back