Off-Topic New York Pizza

Advertisement
Visited once, asked a Uber driver to recommend the best pizza. He sent me to Grimaldis by the Brooklyn Bridge, it was exceptional and lived up to the NY Pizza hype. Also there’s a pretty cool story about the neighboring pizzeria that had a line just as long. Definitely recommend.

It isn’t a myth, it’s how dumb they are. They are always talking about our deep dish in the comparison game, The fact is they don’t have any thing to match that heavenly goodness. What they fail to realize and what I love to remain them of is, our flat is better than that crap any day.
Chi-Town deep dish is pretty yum yum.

Eat with a spork... keep it classy FFS!

f[]cking savages around here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was thinking of ordering some pizza and need one of the Canes living up that way to give me some advice to which place might be the best to have them shipped from .

They have Joe’s and Bartolini’s listed.Are either of them any good?

your idea’s as to where my bet bet my be?

‘TIA
The Goldbelly site has tons of options .. but to me frozen pizza is frozen pizza .. nowhere near as good as the freshly prepared item. I tried the Zuppardi's frozen .. supposed to be THE best in the country .. and I was very disappointed even though it was good it was nowhere as good as a fresh pizza from my favorite pizza place in downtown DeLand.

Just here to plug Prince St in NYC. Yes its way more pepperoni then you need and you will have heart burn but its so **** good going down.

Screen_Shot_2020-11-16_at_3.42.32_PM_odns9g.png

Advertisement
Which place(s) would you recommend in Chicago specifically for “flat” pizza?
Barracos, Nancy’s, Rosangelos, Pequod‘s Deep Dish, Milano’s Deep Dish, Home Run Inn, Fox’s, Fasano’s. A lot of these are on the South Side, Pequods has two locations up North. Once in a while those wimps on the north side make a good pizza....what can you do.

Thing about Joe’s is they say they’re shipping out of their Michigan site because of COVID.Kind of negates it being NY pizza.

I saw where Carlos Bakery had a 4.8* rating out of 5.I know their cakes and sHT are that good but is their pizza that good also?
If we're talking about Carlos Bakery in Hoboken they are way overpriced and many other places are much better.

Advertisement
grimaldis in hoboken? rays is good
I actually met "The original Ray" or at least he convinced me he was, my last time in the city, which was over a year ago at this point because of the pandemic. Thick foreign accent, sweet guy. Grimaldi's had two locations I was aware of - one in the city and the other by the docks I think.

NYC pizza - it's the water and the pressure to compete with everyone else in the city.

Man, why did you bring this up????? Now, I want a slice of Ray's!!!

Yeah. Many, many times. Probably about as many times as I've eaten pizza in NYC, having lived there for many years.

The notion of taking a perfectly good New York pizza, wrapping it up, potentially freezing/shipping it for days, then putting it in a regular oven is one of the most disrespectful things I've ever heard in my entire life.

Next you're gonna talk about shipping a bagel then toasting it.
I've gotten a pie right before getting to the airport, putting it through TSA, and bringing it home. Had to heat it up, but that was about the closest. Still very good. I've done that with Giardano's in Chicago. That heated up much better than NYC pizza.

Advertisement
Back