Attachments

• 6CA6517B-C9DB-4AF8-8762-D6D201E2B503.jpeg
    6CA6517B-C9DB-4AF8-8762-D6D201E2B503.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,404
  • FDC106AF-E608-4818-B26A-223F0CB07E57.jpeg
    FDC106AF-E608-4818-B26A-223F0CB07E57.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,375
Advertisement
Just for clarification because i can't keep all the details straight with all the construction that's been discussed on the board. Is this the temporary one in the IPF while the football specific facility gets built and/or the hecht get's remodeled? Maybe @TheOriginalCane or @sstcane can speak to this. Thanks

Had some conversations earlier today with @LeedsCane and I believe that this is the "temporary" site. I will try to verify later this week, but I believe that the space shown is at the edge of the "new" IPF and the "older" building connected to it. I believe that once the older building is rebuilt, the weight room will move in that direction, leaving more space under the IPF roof, so to speak.

Based on the height of the ceiling and the newness of the structure in the first photo, plus some photos I saw earlier, I believe that much of the structure as shown is under the IPF roof, while the right side (as shown in the second photo) appears to be under a shorter "drop-panel" ceiling, which leads me to believe that side is closer to the "old" building.

I will try to get some pix and vids later this week, but for right now, as an educated guess, I think that the first picture may be looking from the north to the south along the lower left corner of the IPF (pull up the picture on Google maps and look at the earth view). I believe the first picture would have been taken by someone standing roughly in the area of the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence, and looking southward. I'll try to confirm.

But it is my understanding that the weight room will move towards the west as the new construction replaces the old craptastic building(s).

Advertisement
What’s the significance of sorinex and is it that much different than say…rogue?

Advertisement
Nothing. Power cage = power cage only real difference was if you bench in the rack rogue used to use west side spacing on their 3x2 racks so you could put the bar at a perfect lift off height. They don’t use that spacing on 3x3 racks.

this is a little more technical than the old Planet Fitness ad with the german accented Schwarzeneger look alike saying "I lift weights up and I put them down."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing. Power cage = power cage only real difference was if you bench in the rack rogue used to use west side spacing on their 3x2 racks so you could put the bar at a perfect lift off height. They don’t use that spacing on 3x3 racks.
I remember doing bench presses in the power cage, though I thought that was where one squatted. I had the tiniest hiccup right before the bar would touch my chess. I also have long arms, so it likely was tougher for me benching. That workout for increasing bench press numbers though really worked for me. I probably was around 12 reps of 225 before I started the power play!! Afterwards I was 2 sets of 20 @ 225. Max weight got to 380 and max 225 reps was 27 times. Im sure there was a formula then . . . and Im sure there is a better updated formula now. Would 225 2 sets of 20, 225 27 times, or 380 max be most useful for an offensive linemen? The two sets of 20 seem more impressive to me. I believe I was in the 12-15 range with 315. Probably one set.

Advertisement
Back