New Unis !! (We hope)

Advertisement
which is fine. we dont all have to like everything. we can have opinions. the only thing I really care about is that nike gives the team more gear than it did previously and spare me on the we weren't winning so we didn't deserve it bull****. they went cheap on us last time out and did us dirty. hopefully, its a better relationship the next time out. idc what sneaker heads prefer bc of some obscure brand loyalty bs. **** id go with Lululemon if they gave the team more **** than all the other companies (not to mention, their stuff is better quality albeit way more expensive).

Sounds like a problem with leadership of our athletic department.

@Rellyrell

Doesn’t the school determine how much gear we get by determining how much of the payout is done in merch and how much is done in cash?

That’s correct my friend. Total compensation contracts are based upon two phases; Cash $ & cost of apparel. There’s also signing bonus features, % of merchandise sales, and some schools even have bowl game/win bonuses attached. But the basics r cash + apparel. A school may choose to ride out the agreed terms or they can choose to limit apparel & turn that into cash. UCLA is on record of doing that next yr; they’ll be limiting the amount of supplies JB/Nike provides in return for the up front cash. That means they’ll be limited to one/two sets of each item, & the equipment team will be fully responsible for reusing the same joints for the season.

Advertisement
They weren't, it was known that people like Shane Larkin and others bought their own kicks at Sole Fly because Nike was cheap with the gear. I remember my ex, who was a student athlete borrowing my gear, because the gear she was offered was few and far between. That's how cheap Nike was, and the ONLY reason they even bothered to improve was that they finally had competition in the sphere.

U’ve been notorious of making a lot of baseless claims, bro, in a couple of threads. Lol. Let’s be very clear, Nike has zero interest in ******** over anyone. Let me ask, who was their competition in 2014 giving us fresh, new jerseys? Do I need to provide the clip of the uproar the athletes gave, again? Do I need to provide the booster who gave intimate details of the craftsmanship & new tech used for the 2014 jerseys? Lemme know, b/c I always gotta clip ready.

Adidas over priced us based upon what we yielded. No, Nike didn’t price match, but why don’t u tell the full story; UA didn’t price match either. Let me give u a little history about both UA & Adidas.

W/o going into “too” much details, there’s a reason Adidas is starting to re-evaluate its business decisions b/c they are getting body blowed by decisions that have not paid off. UA was the first do this in recent yrs.

Nevertheless, u continuing to peddle things w/o full merit or details is becoming a bit…tiresome. U don’t become the #1 apparel company in the world or among youths by ******** ppl over. Their business model is their model; it’s already been verified from another poster & alum that we took $ over apparel & there was a thief in the equipment room (verified) stealing UM gear for a booster. Yet, u’re saying “Nike was cheap w/ us.” Say that out loud to urself 3x to make it make sense when Nike probably invested more in us during our partnership than any other school not named UO. I’ll say it again, we’ve always been one of the top 5 schools used to dawn Nike’s latest tech. If u want me to pull up references, lemme know. Ahhhh f it; I’m in a good mood.

What say u Nike, w/ ya’ll cheap asses that had no love for The U:

Now, like the 3rd article highlighted, designs be damned, we have sucked since 2004, yet Nike placed us in their newest tech every 4 to 5 yrs. How can that be if they “cheaped” us? Do better bro. This chit is taking on a life of its on like Butch Davis.

Last edited:
Hey don’t hate on Lulu shorts! I wear them everywhere 😂
Most comfortable clothing on earth and they actually don’t like three sizes too large like some of the Nike adidas stuff. Ill say the newer Nike yoga line is nice now sonde they’re forced to compete w lululemon and athleta

also we wont be nikes number 1 either lol. were not a big enough brand to command that from nike
This. It’s easier to negotiate actually being the #1 Adidas program (which we have not been) not that we have a real staff, admin, and can start to show sustainable upward trajectory backed by the historical brand, than it is to be Nike’s #1. And I’d rather be the #1 in a smaller pond than just another team to Nike.

Advertisement
Nike **** on us during that negotiation. They gave us a mediocre uniform template, didn't even try to match, or COME CLOSE to what Adidas offered, and then dared Miami to leave. Amazing how many of our fans worship a company that actively tried to ***** over the University. If Nike comes correct at the next negotiation and Miami makes that move, then so be it, until then they can kick rocks.

Every bit of this is untrue, but thanks for logging in and posting, Beta Blake.

Hey, @Rellyrell , just picked these up this morning from SNKRS...

1659468044231.png

This. It’s easier to negotiate actually being the #1 Adidas program (which we have not been) not that we have a real staff, admin, and can start to show sustainable upward trajectory backed by the historical brand, than it is to be Nike’s #1. And I’d rather be the #1 in a smaller pond than just another team to Nike.

I’d rather be w/ the company that doesn’t promote shady business practices, & that’s #1 among youths. I also rather be w/ the company that’s not showing financial issues right now.

Advertisement
you dont think you start fights? lol have you seen your post history? youre the king of it too. I guess were both men-children then. I actually didn't even sound off to you until you decided to throw your 2 cents in telling people to stay away from a conversation on a free board about bull**** that doesn't impact our daily lives other than where we decide to spend our DI on apparel.

also LOL at spoiled when you dont know me or what ive done in the past to get to where im at but keep going since you know everyone so well.

like I said before, please put me on ignore if you dont want to read anything I post. its a button everyone can click on.

Look, genius, this is what you don't understand.

I don't start fights. In fact, I have long followed the posting principle articulated by the great @The Franchise . The one that involves having a coconut in one hand (and for those who remember that classic thread, I tip my hat to you all). Look it up, it's a wrasslin' reference.

You want to be a d!ck? You want to start ****e with me? I have posted in a consistent manner for nearly 25 years, on basically 4 boards. Had at least 20,000 posts on Grassy, old CaneSport, Hurricane Mutiny, and CIS. So here it is in a nutshell. I barely ever start threads, I am a commenter. And I barely ever start fights, but I sure as **** end them.

You want to be a child and pretend that you can be me? You're a faint and distorted echo of me. Your snide sneering is nothing like what I do or say on these boards. You are an arrogant a$$ who starts fights based on your own misplaced sense of pride and superiority. When someone goes easy on you and gives you an opening, you reject it and continue to name-call.

At any point, you could choose to grow up. You could acknowledge that sometimes people fight and disagree, but the real men on this board make peace and find common ground. I have a looooong list of guys I've squabbled with, and a nearly-as-long list of guys I've communicated with in DMs and made up with, many of whom I've done personal favors for. I've set guys up with tickets, helped them out with job interviews, arranged to assist them in numerous ways. ****, without naming names, I had one guy from CaneSport so mad at me (and based on a misintpretation), that it took a third person to explain to him what was really going on, and then I ended up setting him up with infield credentials for a NASCAR race.

So get help for your childishness. It's fixable. It's called "growing up". That doesn't mean you'll never have another disagreement in life, it just means you don't have to be petty about every little thing, particularly on a UNIFORM AND APPAREL THREAD.

@Rellyrell

Doesn’t the school determine how much gear we get by determining how much of the payout is done in merch and how much is done in cash?

Yup. It's sooooooo surprising that we "didn't get enough gear" when Beta Blake was our AD. Not Dee. Not Hocutt. Not The Shermanator.

Juuuuuussssst Beta Blake...

The same guy who "forgot" to enforce our adidas "most favored nation" contract clause.

Gosh, with a sharp guy like Beta Blake on the job, it's a wonder how those evil Nike guys were ever able to short us on the equipment, huh?

Advertisement
To
Look, genius, this is what you don't understand.

I don't start fights. In fact, I have long followed the posting principle articulated by the great @The Franchise . The one that involves having a coconut in one hand (and for those who remember that classic thread, I tip my hat to you all). Look it up, it's a wrasslin' reference.

You want to be a d!ck? You want to start ****e with me? I have posted in a consistent manner for nearly 25 years, on basically 4 boards. Had at least 20,000 posts on Grassy, old CaneSport, Hurricane Mutiny, and CIS. So here it is in a nutshell. I barely ever start threads, I am a commenter. And I barely ever start fights, but I sure as **** end them.

You want to be a child and pretend that you can be me? You're a faint and distorted echo of me. Your snide sneering is nothing like what I do or say on these boards. You are an arrogant a$$ who starts fights based on your own misplaced sense of pride and superiority. When someone goes easy on you and gives you an opening, you reject it and continue to name-call.

At any point, you could choose to grow up. You could acknowledge that sometimes people fight and disagree, but the real men on this board make peace and find common ground. I have a looooong list of guys I've squabbled with, and a nearly-as-long list of guys I've communicated with in DMs and made up with, many of whom I've done personal favors for. I've set guys up with tickets, helped them out with job interviews, arranged to assist them in numerous ways. ****, without naming names, I had one guy from CaneSport so mad at me (and based on a misintpretation), that it took a third person to explain to him what was really going on, and then I ended up setting him up with infield credentials for a NASCAR race.

So get help for your childishness. It's fixable. It's called "growing up". That doesn't mean you'll never have another disagreement in life, it just means you don't have to be petty about every little thing, particularly on a UNIFORM AND APPAREL THREAD
TLDR

Advertisement
Back