New Unis !! (We hope)

Yeah, man, it's all good. That stuff was about 10 years ago, I realize people don't have a hate-memory like I do. I still hate Don Denkinger for blowing that call at first base that cost the Cardinals the 1985 World Series.

I just wish people could differentiate between facts/observations and analysis/reasons. People say "but our uniforms/apparel weren't great in the final year with Nike" as if that kind of factual observation is self-evident, and must be 100% the fault of Nike. Instead of going beyond that, and asking the reasons and analyzing WHY that happened. As just the most BASIC analytic thought process might reveal - if Beta Blake was dissatisfied with our uniforms and equipment, WHY WOULD HE HAVE NOT DEMANDED THE FULL DELIVERY OF WHAT THE CONTRACT PROMISED? And equally as revealing, WHY WOULD NIKE UNDER-DELIVER IN A CONTRACT YEAR?

Makes no sense at all, but people have been repeating that myth for nearly a decade. That Nike suddenly turned into a cold ***** that turned its back on ITS VERY FIRST ALL-APPAREL SCHOOL. ****, I even fell for it at first. Until I thought about it. And asked around. And found out what really happened.
I don’t know the Don Denkinger call. But what was worse… his call or Terry Porter? Heck, u can even add in the Gary Cleveland non fumble call into the mix

Advertisement
Real ?; how’s he trying to act “young” w/ buying shoes? U do realize Jordan shoes came out in ‘85, right? So that would mean anyone who’s 35+ grew up on his shoes. I don’t hop in posters’ back & forths, but ur reply was a bit confusing. If he was trying to sag, dye his hair, and get the left side of his ear pierced up, maybe I would get the latter part of ur comment (maybe), but the biggest Jordan sneaker head is 45.

I’m not sure of ur age, but age has nothing to do w/ shoe game. Some of my biggest sneaker influencers are in their 50’s & 60’s. Maybe u don’t understand the culture, maybe that’s y u don’t get branding, marketing, influence and how being aligned w/ a certain brand brings certain notoriety. Maybe u don’t understand that the only 3 sports billionaires in history r all Nike athletes, & a 4th is on his way (also a Nike athlete). Maybe u don’t get why kids/adults rioted for a pair of Solefly J’s. That’s OK; it’s not for u to understand if that’s not ur lane or concern. But when I, especially, have posted tireless articles of its importance, including schools taking less upfront $$ just for the notoriety & attraction of being aligned w/ the #1 apparel company in the world, a company that’s disrupted the entire industry w/ its athletes, team sponsorship, technology, causes, etc. etc., maybe U’ll see y this is a subject of interest, age be damned.

Look, hoops156 is just a d!ckish porster who likes to start fights with people by calling them silly things like "old". Look, I wouldn't have a problem with him calling me stupid if I was stupid, but "old" is just so ridiculous, as everyone ages, it's completely unavoidable. He's just mad that all of us "old" people own all the good Jordans.

Regardless of his childish behavior, my love of Nikes goes back to the late 1970s when they first started selling them nationwide. My parents wouldn't buy them for me, so I had to work odd jobs to make the money to buy my own shoes. A spoiled little punk like hoops156 is just going to play his snide little games and try to minimize us, but he's never had to work to put a pair of shoes on his feet, so he doesn't get it and he doesn't care.

He's just a mentally and emotionally limited man-child who is going to make the same bad Lululemon joke over and over and over again until our eyes bleed.

Maybe this is the wrong time, but I actually prefer adidas shoes/wear over Nike. Also, I've never liked Jordans and have never owned a pair.

Excuse me while I go hide now 👀 lol

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, nothing wrong with that. No need to hide.

Now, if you were here to repeat the false Beta Blake James myths about how Nike treated UM so horribly and adidas has been so amazing, that would be a different story.

But liking adidas? Nothing wrong with that. And even when UM goes back to Nike, I'll still buy the occasional Ultraboost. It's a **** good shoe, wearing a pair right now.

Advertisement
I don’t know the Don Denkinger call. But what was worse… his call or Terry Porter? Heck, u can even add in the Gary Cleveland non fumble call into the mix

Man, they were all bad calls. Denkinger and Porter made bad calls in the post-season, so it's extra-elevated there.

I have all kinds of hate-memory, not just for the refs. Whenever I was at a Marlins game when Warren Morris played (mostly for the Pirates), I booed him. I'll never NOT hate that guy.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, nothing wrong with that. No need to hide.

Now, if you were here to repeat the false Beta Blake James myths about how Nike treated UM so horribly and adidas has been so amazing, that would be a different story.

But liking adidas? Nothing wrong with that. And even when UM goes back to Nike, I'll still buy the occasional Ultraboost. It's a **** good shoe, wearing a pair right now.

I was only (half) joking. I really do prefer adidas shoes though. I love my ultraboosts. Even their cheaper shoes are comfortable. I recently tried to get a couple random pairs of Nike and man, I find them to be so uncomfortable.

Regarding the uni change - I agree, it was all nonsense. I was for it at the beginning because of my adidas preference. I also had high hopes because of how well adidas managed soccer unis, etc. But they've really dropped the ball. I obviously loved that they went with the old school loom but then they ****ed it up with the tire tread jerseys, not able to fix the U logo, etc. I think Nike also goes too crazy with their designs at times. I wouldn't mind going back to Nike with the current look, and then having certain big games where they bust out the early 2000s unis. That would be my dream scenario.

I was only (half) joking. I really do prefer adidas shoes though. I love my ultraboosts. Even their cheaper shoes are comfortable. I recently tried to get a couple random pairs of Nike and man, I find them to be so uncomfortable.

Regarding the uni change - I agree, it was all nonsense. I was for it at the beginning because of my adidas preference. I also had high hopes because of how well adidas managed soccer unis, etc. But they've really dropped the ball. I obviously loved that they went with the old school loom but then they ****ed it up with the tire tread jerseys, not able to fix the U logo, etc. I think Nike also goes too crazy with their designs at times. I wouldn't mind going back to Nike with the current look, and then having certain big games where they bust out the early 2000s unis. That would be my dream scenario.
Great post. I love my ultraboosts, too. I think they look good and are crazy comfortable. I do think Nike has better quality overall but go stupid with their football designs. Hopefully, we can get best of both worlds one day with MJ.

Look, hoops156 is just a d!ckish porster who likes to start fights with people by calling them silly things like "old". Look, I wouldn't have a problem with him calling me stupid if I was stupid, but "old" is just so ridiculous, as everyone ages, it's completely unavoidable. He's just mad that all of us "old" people own all the good Jordans.

Regardless of his childish behavior, my love of Nikes goes back to the late 1970s when they first started selling them nationwide. My parents wouldn't buy them for me, so I had to work odd jobs to make the money to buy my own shoes. A spoiled little punk like hoops156 is just going to play his snide little games and try to minimize us, but he's never had to work to put a pair of shoes on his feet, so he doesn't get it and he doesn't care.

He's just a mentally and emotionally limited man-child who is going to make the same bad Lululemon joke over and over and over again until our eyes bleed.
you dont think you start fights? lol have you seen your post history? youre the king of it too. I guess were both men-children then. I actually didn't even sound off to you until you decided to throw your 2 cents in telling people to stay away from a conversation on a free board about bull**** that doesn't impact our daily lives other than where we decide to spend our DI on apparel.

also LOL at spoiled when you dont know me or what ive done in the past to get to where im at but keep going since you know everyone so well.

like I said before, please put me on ignore if you dont want to read anything I post. its a button everyone can click on.

Advertisement
Real ?; how’s he trying to act “young” w/ buying shoes? U do realize Jordan shoes came out in ‘85, right? So that would mean anyone who’s 35+ grew up on his shoes. I don’t hop in posters’ back & forths, but ur reply was a bit confusing. If he was trying to sag, dye his hair, and get the left side of his ear pierced up, maybe I would get the latter part of ur comment (maybe), but the biggest Jordan sneaker head is 45.

I’m not sure of ur age, but age has nothing to do w/ shoe game. Some of my biggest sneaker influencers are in their 50’s & 60’s. Maybe u don’t understand the culture, maybe that’s y u don’t get branding, marketing, influence and how being aligned w/ a certain brand brings certain notoriety. Maybe u don’t understand that the only 3 sports billionaires in history r all Nike athletes, & a 4th is on his way (also a Nike athlete). Maybe u don’t get why kids/adults rioted for a pair of Solefly J’s. That’s OK; it’s not for u to understand if that’s not ur lane or concern. But when I, especially, have posted tireless articles of its importance, including schools taking less upfront $$ just for the notoriety & attraction of being aligned w/ the #1 apparel company in the world, a company that’s disrupted the entire industry w/ its athletes, team sponsorship, technology, causes, etc. etc., maybe U’ll see y this is a subject of interest, age be damned.
I get the shoe game. ive said im not a big sneaker head so I don have value in it but I get it bc a lot of my friends are. I was just saying in reference to TOC since he decided to play board police and jump in telling people to stay away from a topic when you and I were actually fine in our discussions. hes done this **** in other topics across the board since he likes to feel that hes the end all be all one everything.

Man, they were all bad calls. Denkinger and Porter made bad calls in the post-season, so it's extra-elevated there.

I have all kinds of hate-memory, not just for the refs. Whenever I was at a Marlins game when Warren Morris played (mostly for the Pirates), I booed him. I'll never NOT hate that guy.
There’s nothing worse than a ref deciding a playoff game! Didn’t New Orleans get jobbed pretty bad a couple few years ago in the playoffs… and Brady with the “tuck” against Oakland. Those couple came to mind. But when it’s your team like Porter did us dirty in Tempe… never forget , never forgive

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Would the converting gear into money explain why Brad Kaaya looked like he was wearing the same practice jersey that Buck Ortega wore? I'm joking kinda. We appear to get new Adidas practice gear every year. That did not appear to be the case with Nike. I think I noticed it really when FSU and Miami both changed uniforms and FSU also got new practice gear to match. Maybe that had to do with our Nike contract expiring.
Nike **** on us during that negotiation. They gave us a mediocre uniform template, didn't even try to match, or COME CLOSE to what Adidas offered, and then dared Miami to leave. Amazing how many of our fans worship a company that actively tried to ***** over the University. If Nike comes correct at the next negotiation and Miami makes that move, then so be it, until then they can kick rocks.

D money confirmed we weren’t getting even basic practice gear or similar years ago when we left for adidas
They weren't, it was known that people like Shane Larkin and others bought their own kicks at Sole Fly because Nike was cheap with the gear. I remember my ex, who was a student athlete borrowing my gear, because the gear she was offered was few and far between. That's how cheap Nike was, and the ONLY reason they even bothered to improve was that they finally had competition in the sphere.

**** all that. We got Lifewallet, Uhealth, and all kinds off other money flowing now. If we need extra gear, we can buy it. At least it will be first rate and not Aditrash. We can’t switch soon enough.

Advertisement
Back