New Unis !! (We hope)

Advertisement
D money confirmed we weren’t getting even basic practice gear or similar years ago when we left for adidas

I know, & I hit him up on that in this thread. Lol

My “how do you know” was in reference to ur last statement about not getting paid a single cent. Lol

I know, & I hit him up on that in this thread. Lol

My “how do you know” was in reference to ur last statement about not getting paid a single cent. Lol
Oh I mean idk that but that also shows that you aren’t very objective either in this. I personally want lululemon lol. Their gear is way more comfortable and much better quality than all those sneaker brands put out hah

Oh I mean idk that but that also shows that you aren’t very objective either in this. I personally want lululemon lol. Their gear is way more comfortable and much better quality than all those sneaker brands put out hah

I stay near a lululemon store, about 12 mins away from me. The amount of work that go into these stores is unbelievable.

I stay near a lululemon store, about 12 mins away from me. The amount of work that go into these stores is unbelievable.
There’s like 5 around me haha. They do so well too. Really cornered the market on high end athletic apparel and their expansion into casual and business cas wear was smart

Advertisement
which is fine. we dont all have to like everything. we can have opinions. the only thing I really care about is that nike gives the team more gear than it did previously and spare me on the we weren't winning so we didn't deserve it bull****. they went cheap on us last time out and did us dirty. hopefully, its a better relationship the next time out. idc what sneaker heads prefer bc of some obscure brand loyalty bs. **** id go with Lululemon if they gave the team more **** than all the other companies (not to mention, their stuff is better quality albeit way more expensive).

Uhhhhh...find one post where I said "we weren't winning so we didn't deserve it".

I think it is pretty clear from what @Rellyrell and I have posted that Beta Blake took cash payouts over more apparel/equipment. Common contractual language. And given the things I heard at the time, and the things I have heard subsequently, I wouldn't put it past Beta Blake to take the cash instead of the extra apparel/equipment BECAUSE it would also make Nike look bad.

I've heard way more than I am going to type on this board. I know the shady ****e that was going on in that equipment room with our apparel being stolen and sold out the back by certain people.

Speaking of "spare me", how about you spare us all the myth of Nike cheaping out on Miami during the last year or two, because that never happened. ****, they spent the time and money to redesign our uniform in the (poorly-based) belief that we would continue our relationship for many more years. Instead, we got, what, one year out of that design?

Stop perpetuating Beta Blake's lies and false myths.

How do u know that?

J/K

It’s not caping, it’s providing clarity on rumors that take on life of their own. I’ve said, I can’t confirm what happened at The U, but I was informed that schools can choose $$ over gear & if they do, they’ll be limited.

Yeah, and I can confirm certain things that I know from past practice and my longtime friendships with UM athletes from multiple teams.

The football team is supposed to have multiples of everything, including practice jerseys and game-worn. Obviously, some items are only used once (i.e., adidas Parley jersey), but in an ordinary year, we should have enough white, orange, and green jerseys so that guys do not look all torn up. Essentially, the game-worns should be new for each game, but sometimes color choices may change. I believe we chose to wear one of our alternate jerseys for more than one game around 2010 or 2011, I can't remember the specifics, but it was a "one-off" jersey that was worn for consecutive games, and Nike certainly didn't provide a new batch on a few days of notice.

But. BUT. Without getting into specifics and too much "naming names", we had two situations occur. I have definitely heard that Beta Blake took a cash payout, and sacrificed some of our equipment. I also heard that the equipment room scandal involved...premature...sales of game-worn, including some stuff that wasn't even actually game-worn yet, and a bunch of that stuff was sold to Nevin and his pals. Essentially, you should have some duplicate jerseys all year long, in case something gets torn or damaged during the game, except some of our equipment staff thought it would be OK to dip into that inventory early, and that didn't work out so well.

Nike never cheaped out on us. They did some questionable stuff, like trying to sideline the Sebastian logo for their own Nike-invented clam logo, but that was just so they didn't have to pay royalties to John Routh. But the other stuff was UM's fault, both our illustrious AD and his dirtbag staffers.

Yeah, and I can confirm certain things that I know from past practice and my longtime friendships with UM athletes from multiple teams.

The football team is supposed to have multiples of everything, including practice jerseys and game-worn. Obviously, some items are only used once (i.e., adidas Parley jersey), but in an ordinary year, we should have enough white, orange, and green jerseys so that guys do not look all torn up. Essentially, the game-worns should be new for each game, but sometimes color choices may change. I believe we chose to wear one of our alternate jerseys for more than one game around 2010 or 2011, I can't remember the specifics, but it was a "one-off" jersey that was worn for consecutive games, and Nike certainly didn't provide a new batch on a few days of notice.

But. BUT. Without getting into specifics and too much "naming names", we had two situations occur. I have definitely heard that Beta Blake took a cash payout, and sacrificed some of our equipment. I also heard that the equipment room scandal involved...premature...sales of game-worn, including some stuff that wasn't even actually game-worn yet, and a bunch of that stuff was sold to Nevin and his pals. Essentially, you should have some duplicate jerseys all year long, in case something gets torn or damaged during the game, except some of our equipment staff thought it would be OK to dip into that inventory early, and that didn't work out so well.

Nike never cheaped out on us. They did some questionable stuff, like trying to sideline the Sebastian logo for their own Nike-invented clam logo, but that was just so they didn't have to pay royalties to John Routh. But the other stuff was UM's fault, both our illustrious AD and his dirtbag staffers.

Chit, bro, I TOTALLY forgot about the equipment room scandal. Gawlee, I can’t believe I didn’t mention that. Good looking on adding that. Like I said, some things just aren’t black & white but perception becomes a reality, & rumors take a life of their own.

Uhhhhh...find one post where I said "we weren't winning so we didn't deserve it".

I think it is pretty clear from what @Rellyrell and I have posted that Beta Blake took cash payouts over more apparel/equipment. Common contractual language. And given the things I heard at the time, and the things I have heard subsequently, I wouldn't put it past Beta Blake to take the cash instead of the extra apparel/equipment BECAUSE it would also make Nike look bad.

I've heard way more than I am going to type on this board. I know the shady ****e that was going on in that equipment room with our apparel being stolen and sold out the back by certain people.

Speaking of "spare me", how about you spare us all the myth of Nike cheaping out on Miami during the last year or two, because that never happened. ****, they spent the time and money to redesign our uniform in the (poorly-based) belief that we would continue our relationship for many more years. Instead, we got, what, one year out of that design?

Stop perpetuating Beta Blake's lies and false myths.
didn't say you said that

Advertisement
new idea - miami goes to Lululemon. tells nike to shove it. tells Adidas to shove it. signs a shoe deal with all birds. signs a medicine deal with trulieve. we back.

ill never honestly get the idea of supporting one shoe company over the other idea. live ive said over and over, they all sell the same **** tier crap imo. I have canes stuff from nike, UA, champion, Adidas. its all similar feel some better than others. just get us the most money and call it a day.

Chit, bro, I TOTALLY forgot about the equipment room scandal. Gawlee, I can’t believe I didn’t mention that. Good looking on adding that. Like I said, some things just aren’t black & white but perception becomes a reality, & rumors take a life of their own.

Yeah, man, it's all good. That stuff was about 10 years ago, I realize people don't have a hate-memory like I do. I still hate Don Denkinger for blowing that call at first base that cost the Cardinals the 1985 World Series.

I just wish people could differentiate between facts/observations and analysis/reasons. People say "but our uniforms/apparel weren't great in the final year with Nike" as if that kind of factual observation is self-evident, and must be 100% the fault of Nike. Instead of going beyond that, and asking the reasons and analyzing WHY that happened. As just the most BASIC analytic thought process might reveal - if Beta Blake was dissatisfied with our uniforms and equipment, WHY WOULD HE HAVE NOT DEMANDED THE FULL DELIVERY OF WHAT THE CONTRACT PROMISED? And equally as revealing, WHY WOULD NIKE UNDER-DELIVER IN A CONTRACT YEAR?

Makes no sense at all, but people have been repeating that myth for nearly a decade. That Nike suddenly turned into a cold ***** that turned its back on ITS VERY FIRST ALL-APPAREL SCHOOL. ****, I even fell for it at first. Until I thought about it. And asked around. And found out what really happened.

Advertisement
I’m going to post this here. Me & @TheOriginalCane have talking about this privately. Adidas just announced it’s stopping its deal w/ The NHL, which came as a shock to them (2024).

meanwhile:

Advertisement
And you didn't respond to anything else I said.

But you're still going to push for Lululemon.

If you don't care who our apparel provider is, then feel free to avoid this thread.
Or you can put me on ignore and also you didn’t seem to get that I was being sarcastic. None of this is serious except your attempt to act young buying 200 dollar Jordan’s

Or you can put me on ignore and also you didn’t seem to get that I was being sarcastic. None of this is serious except your attempt to act young buying 200 dollar Jordan’s

Real ?; how’s he trying to act “young” w/ buying shoes? U do realize Jordan shoes came out in ‘85, right? So that would mean anyone who’s 35+ grew up on his shoes. I don’t hop in posters’ back & forths, but ur reply was a bit confusing. If he was trying to sag, dye his hair, and get the left side of his ear pierced up, maybe I would get the latter part of ur comment (maybe), but the biggest Jordan sneaker head is 45.

I’m not sure of ur age, but age has nothing to do w/ shoe game. Some of my biggest sneaker influencers are in their 50’s & 60’s. Maybe u don’t understand the culture, maybe that’s y u don’t get branding, marketing, influence and how being aligned w/ a certain brand brings certain notoriety. Maybe u don’t understand that the only 3 sports billionaires in history r all Nike athletes, & a 4th is on his way (also a Nike athlete). Maybe u don’t get why kids/adults rioted for a pair of Solefly J’s. That’s OK; it’s not for u to understand if that’s not ur lane or concern. But when I, especially, have posted tireless articles of its importance, including schools taking less upfront $$ just for the notoriety & attraction of being aligned w/ the #1 apparel company in the world, a company that’s disrupted the entire industry w/ its athletes, team sponsorship, technology, causes, etc. etc., maybe U’ll see y this is a subject of interest, age be damned.

Last edited:
Man but having Hurricane Js would be so sweet.

It would be hard to choose if it was up to me.
The swoosh looks better for all sports. I know my man @Rellyrell may kill me (or just take my chair battery😂) but in a perfect world… Jordan brand for L’s team, Nike for all other sports?! I can dream

Advertisement
Back