**New Uniforms Preview**

I'm fine with the green jersey, I've never been a fan of black alternates. It's not a Miami color, it doesn't make sense. Plus, the Adidas green is a beautiful shade, compared to the mustard green Nike had Miami rocking for the better part of a decade.

Advertisement
I'm fine with the green jersey, I've never been a fan of black alternates. It's not a Miami color, it doesn't make sense. Plus, the Adidas green is a beautiful shade, compared to the mustard green Nike had Miami rocking for the better part of a decade.

Nike's Orange was worse. It was closer to Tennessee than Miami's Russell Athletic. I love our Orange under Adidas. Closer to the Russell Athletic Orange. Pops off the screen and in person nicely.

IMG_5906.jpg. Was hoping the black would be with green numbers. Like pictured here. Cuz wit The helmet going black there is really no need for white in the scheme. But either way them things are 🔥 🔥🔥🔥. Good look [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]!!

Why do we need new uniforms every **** season?

Go back and look at our uniform history and see how often we change. We ain't traditional. That's what makes us, us. Oregon is a copy cat and they took it to the extreme. But we ALWAYS changed up our look or enhanced it. Some not so great, and others iconic. Adidas is doing right by us.

We basically had the same uniforms from 1975ish-1994. They changed a little from 95-99 (we added green too). It wasn't until the 2000s that we started changing every 4-5 years.

I agree, that's why I said we've either changed up or enhanced it. But even back in the 30's we were switching it up, same thing in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's until like you said, around 1976 or so we changed it up til about 94-95. Even through 95-99 our jerseys pretty much looked the same w/ a couple of color enhancements. But as you mentioned, 2000's is when we started the trend of changing up again, kind of like how we did in the early years of Hurricane football.

Here's a reference link. It's pretty cool, and I wouldn't mind seeing some of these classic fits for certain monumental moments.

University of Miami Hurricanes Football Uniform and Team History | Heritage Uniforms and Jerseys

Advertisement
Advertisement

The uniforms are the same as we have now, just different colors. And we're only actually getting one new color and that's black, we have always had white orange and green except last year. Looks.liie the helmets stay white too which should never be touched. Stop crying...

Don't know for sure if it will be a white helmet with the black uni's. In that video the only time we saw a player with a helmet on was when they had the green jersey on

Adidas knows better than to mess with the helmet, none of that Nike Christmas ornament crap.

Adidas wishes they had designs like Nike, and the less they do the better.
Mess? That's what we looked like year 1+ with Adidas until Richt rescued us.
This classic look is all Richt, IMO. These are about as basic as you can get for
Miami unis and they still manage to choch it with barbwire watermark "technology".

Can't wait till we re-up with Nike.

U know I'm a Nike guy, and not gonna lie, Adidas initially rubbed me the wrong way, but Richt did rescue us. I don't want them to get too crazy. But what they've revamped, I like.

Advertisement
Advertisement

For person who has taken no time to fix his profile, I kind of expect this from you. You have a plural name, no picture, a dog **** profile, and no signature....so yeah, It's probably expected for you to criticize change and good presentation.

Hope we get the green pants back to wear the white on green, green on green, or orange on green combinations.

Advertisement
Back