New Recruiting strategy??

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Right now we have Zero South Florida commits and 7 out of state commits. Do you think this will be a trend going forward or is it just this class?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Right now we have Zero South Florida commits and 7 out of state commits. Do you think this will be a trend going forward or is it just this class?
doesnt matter if we go OOS as long as its super talented guys, kids can ball OOS as well. Mix that with sfla studs and u will be a top 10 squad. I trust the evals at DB its TRob.....other positions I question is Linebacker, need Wes types and speedy fast twitch athletes. Think alot of our DBs are like linebackers like JW and Keontra.........those guys will help if we want to mix and move.

Find the best 25 kids who bleed orange and green. South Florida ties preferred but not required.
Yeah, I think this is it. They're just looking for the best kids regardless of location. Now, I do think this and a 10 win season will send a message to the SFL community that they WILL be left behind unless they start showing some loyalty and love to the hometown team.

I think its a new strategy and ill tell you why. Their are talented kids outside of the state, no florida school as won a title in 8 years case in point. The kids even from south florida know there are dudes all over the country. If Miami starts filling up on top rated kids from other areas, the Florida kids will start feeling pressure to make decisions or become bandwagon.

Where as previously they had all the cards and keep waiting for months and months to commit then alot of times leaving us at the alter. Now if they see Miami has a class ranked top 5, it has a domino effect where they feel they can win with that class. Its brilliant really, we should focus on south florida but if they are slow playing us we have the brand to get #1 players from all over the country, GA, CA, TX. They treat us with more respect these days than kids from the area in alot of cases.

Advertisement
No one should care at all about where any of our players come from. The last time our team was a contender, the roster represented the whole country and some foreign countries as well. All anyone should want is the best and to settle for nothing less.

The fact that we rely on transfers from out of state to come in and be our best players should be an alarm going off in your head.

Yeah, I think this is it. They're just looking for the best kids regardless of location. Now, I do think this and a 10 win season will send a message to the SFL community that they WILL be left behind unless they start showing some loyalty and love to the hometown team.
including a bowl win!

including a bowl win!
And, I will add this - if an elite kid from North FL like Jaheim signs with us, everyone will be put on alert: SFL kids, UF, FSU, BAMA, UGA, etc.
We actually don't "NEED" him like we need some other positions because of the great work T-Rob and DVD have done on the recruiting trail, but man would that send a message!

Advertisement
I think it's a great strategy..

1) in a down year in S. Fla you go where you need to get better players..

2) it opens up other avenues to areas where you might not presently be in....

3) we seem to have a lot less problems with BS from kids that are out of state.

Advertisement
We will find anything to complain about. We’re literally forming our best recruiting class in very long time but we’re “concerned” about a strategy that seems to be kicking more *** than an a pro MMA fighter in bar brawl.
Our roster is literally littered right now with a list of elite sofla recruits.
The strategy seems to be on fckng point.

The South florida recruits worth getting this cycle we are on them big time. We even let two disrespect us and get back into the fold. (WB and MJJ) The coaches are giving these kids all the special treatment they are warranted. We got a bulls eye on the ones we want.. The others are just meh.

I think its a new strategy and ill tell you why. Their are talented kids outside of the state, no florida school as won a title in 8 years case in point. The kids even from south florida know there are dudes all over the country. If Miami starts filling up on top rated kids from other areas, the Florida kids will start feeling pressure to make decisions or become bandwagon.

Where as previously they had all the cards and keep waiting for months and months to commit then alot of times leaving us at the alter. Now if they see Miami has a class ranked top 5, it has a domino effect where they feel they can win with that class. Its brilliant really, we should focus on south florida but if they are slow playing us we have the brand to get #1 players from all over the country, GA, CA, TX. They treat us with more respect these days than kids from the area in alot of cases.
This. Obviously we're not gonna go Dan Mullen and claim to ignore the state....BUT, to parrot your post again, im extremely glad we have seemingly gone away from holding out until the 11th hour for specific hometown kids that are just blatantly dragging us along.

Advertisement
Back