New RB Options

Advertisement
Recruiting for UM is not as easy nowadays compared to former times but Richt knows that he can´t compete with the elite teams by only getting one 3 star back compared to the the type of talent that gets stacked at F§U the last couple of signing days. We lost a guy in a battle with Maryland who was fawned over the whole recruiting process by our coaches and they had no plan b, it seems. That´s depressing. Maybe they can pull some magic until signing day.

Brown had his chance last ***** night! He was told yesterday by McFarland he wasn't coming around 6pm. From then on you make your move Call Bryan, call White Mike, call Davis, call whoever you had as a backup and get them to OV there instead of Iowa or whatever farm country places they were going. Instead he probably sat at his desk watched all 2+ hours of that video and thought maybe it would change.

We have been in touch with Kyshaun Bryan #33 RB in the country, local, but had offseason surgery so there are questions, why if you knew at 6pm yesterday, is this kid going to middle of nowhere in the midwest. Now we are trying to get him to come Sunday night off the plane on an unofficial visit right before the dead period, and 3 days before NSD. FAN ***** TASTIC!

To be our 4th or 5th option at rb next year..meaning he's not a critical need. So why are you stressing out like it's essential to add this kid?

Epstein is locked in with Illinois. So we can just stop talking about that.

The little bit I know about him i figure he's long gone. Probably never got any love for us early on, so why change now?

Plus, the minute he disapponted, board here will explode with nasty anti-semitic comments. Let him go away, far away.

Some people here are willing to crucify the ****** kid from Cali although he's not much more than a beginner. Crucify after he's been here four or five years and done nothing.

Oh, did I say "crucify"? How unfortunate of me. Whoops, bad choice of words.

Brown had his chance last ***** night! He was told yesterday by McFarland he wasn't coming around 6pm. From then on you make your move Call Bryan, call White Mike, call Davis, call whoever you had as a backup and get them to OV there instead of Iowa or whatever farm country places they were going. Instead he probably sat at his desk watched all 2+ hours of that video and thought maybe it would change.

We have been in touch with Kyshaun Bryan #33 RB in the country, local, but had offseason surgery so there are questions, why if you knew at 6pm yesterday, is this kid going to middle of nowhere in the midwest. Now we are trying to get him to come Sunday night off the plane on an unofficial visit right before the dead period, and 3 days before NSD. FAN ***** TASTIC!

To be our 4th or 5th option at rb next year..meaning he's not a critical need. So why are you stressing out like it's essential to add this kid?

Because 4-5th is what we need. Are you okay with an injury or 2 putting a player that hasn't played much in 2 years in your rotation(Burns)? Is Choc even cleared to play? When will he resume contact? So let's say Choc isn't cleared, you now have Burns as your 3rd RB, but if he is still injured then you have 2. Now what?

Advertisement
CHRISTOPHER HENDERSON WILL BE OUR 5th RB OVER EVER OTHER SCRUB LISTED IN THIS THREAD.

CAPS FOR EFFECT.

Are in home visits and unofficial visits allowed after Wednesday? If so, the best chance we might have is to convince a backup kid to not commit on LOI day and give us time to sell him on the program.

I think so. As someone else said, people sign after NLOI day. I believe that day is described as the "first" day prospects can sign LOIs. Most sign that day but if a school is holding a spot and a kid is willing to wait to make his decision, he can wait. Most of the time the school will not hold a spot,unless you're special. I think we did that with D.J. Williams.

Another case in point--D.J. Williams, widely regarded as the most elite recruit in the country. Yet when he got on campus a friend told me the unheralded kid from Coral Gables, Jonathan Vilma, was better.

Are in home visits and unofficial visits allowed after Wednesday? If so, the best chance we might have is to convince a backup kid to not commit on LOI day and give us time to sell him on the program.

I think so. As someone else said, people sign after NLOI day. I believe that day is described as the "first" day prospects can sign LOIs. Most sign that day but if a school is holding a spot and a kid is willing to wait to make his decision, he can wait. Most of the time the school will not hold a spot,unless you're special. I think we did that with D.J. Williams.

Another case in point--D.J. Williams, widely regarded as the most elite recruit in the country. Yet when he got on campus a friend told me the unheralded kid from Coral Gables, Jonathan Vilma, was better.
I don't know what the rules are around in-home visits but I definitely remember Terrelle Pryor signed with tOSU after NSD.

Advertisement

Because 4-5th is what we need. Are you okay with an injury or 2 putting a player that hasn't played much in 2 years in your rotation(Burns)? Is Choc even cleared to play? When will he resume contact? So let's say Choc isn't cleared, you now have Burns as your 3rd RB, but if he is still injured then you have 2. Now what?

Are you OK with tying up a valuable scholarship for 4 years just to have insurance in case the 4 guys ahead of this kid go down? Chances of that scenario playing out are small AND you have guys like DJ Dallas and CJ Henderson that we can press into duty if things really become desperate. Would you rather us use the scholarship on a 4th or 5th string RB this year or have it available to use on a kid in what is an absolutely loaded 2018 class?

Are you OK with tying up a valuable scholarship for 4 years just to have insurance in case the 4 guys ahead of this kid go down? Chances of that scenario playing out are small AND you have guys like DJ Dallas and CJ Henderson that we can press into duty if things really become desperate. Would you rather us use the scholarship on a 4th or 5th string RB this year or have it available to use on a kid in what is an absolutely loaded 2018 class?

So Henderson hasn't played RB in 2 years, Deejay hasn't played RB(running QB so he can figure it out), and just throwing someone in there as a band aid and pulling our 2 best secondary guys to play RB isn't smart. We were going after 2 RB this, we should have had a backup plan to take a 2nd RB if this happened.

So Henderson hasn't played RB in 2 years, Deejay hasn't played RB(running QB so he can figure it out), and just throwing someone in there as a band aid and pulling our 2 best secondary guys to play RB isn't smart. We were going after 2 RB this, we should have had a backup plan to take a 2nd RB if this happened.

We were going after 2 rb's because they were both studs..not because we needed 2. DJ and Henderson would be insurance in case the improbable happens and all 4 of the kids ahead of this kid were to go down. You're entitled to your opinion but I just don't see the situation as being as desperate as you do. I think that scholarship can be better used elsewhere

I've seen Bryan play quite a bit. He is a good RB who I think can play at this level. What do you have to lose by offering him?

Help me understand why McFarland is that much more desirable than Bryan.

Yes. I have see him also and with what you said he come from a program that produces winners/

Advertisement
I've seen Bryan play quite a bit. He is a good RB who I think can play at this level. What do you have to lose by offering him?

Help me understand why McFarland is that much more desirable than Bryan.

Yes IB....went to Nike at American Heritage Mach 6, 2016 did not test but measured a legit 5-10/188.
He ran track only as a freshman when he was at American Heritage but turned in an excellent 11.33 at that age as he ran in only 3 meets.
Keyshaun Bryan---- 100m..... 11.33.... Apr 10, 2014.... FHSAA 2A District 15

Based on that time at that age should be near or at the national elite standard of 10.80.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mark Rush....Jim Kelly's buddy may have been the last white featured back... even he was a rotation guy if I remember correctly.

K. Bryan looks fine to me. Played better comp than McFarland so his highlights aren't as surreal. Seems to have decent vision. Runs well in between the tackles. He doesn't have the acceleration of a Cook, and that may be the biggest knock on him, but his top speed is fast enough. He doesn't break a ton of tackles either, but he runs slippery. As in, he seems to take good angles and naturally avoids big hits when possible. Portis was a natural at that, although Portis obviously is well, Portis, just saying running "slippery" is the comparison here, not comparing the two.

Advertisement
Back