Chris Curry (Lehigh Senior)

Advertisement
We don't need another RB this year. Florida is loaded with top backs next year

Lorenzo Lingard (University)
James Cook (Miami Central)
Camron Davis (Carol City)
Shaun Shivers (Chaminade)

This ain't no point in reaching this late...
We good with
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns
Maybe we can convince Gus to comeback since he hasn't requested a transfer yet

Graduate transfers don't transfer to another school to be third or fourth string. Cross that option off the list. They've got two options: Make a last ditch effort at any decent back who isn't firmly committed or roll with what they got. This is EXACTLY why I was upset about Edwards transferring. It's not that he was some world beater, it's just that if the unthinkable happens (walton injury) they're now stuck with a stable of running backs that has zero career experience on offense.

Brown had his chance last ***** night! He was told yesterday by McFarland he wasn't coming around 6pm. From then on you make your move Call Bryan, call White Mike, call Davis, call whoever you had as a backup and get them to OV there instead of Iowa or whatever farm country places they were going. Instead he probably sat at his desk watched all 2+ hours of that video and thought maybe it would change.

We have been in touch with Kyshaun Bryan #33 RB in the country, local, but had offseason surgery so there are questions, why if you knew at 6pm yesterday, is this kid going to middle of nowhere in the midwest. Now we are trying to get him to come Sunday night off the plane on an unofficial visit right before the dead period, and 3 days before NSD. FAN ***** TASTIC!

Advertisement
We don't need another RB this year. Florida is loaded with top backs next year

Lorenzo Lingard (University)
James Cook (Miami Central)
Camron Davis (Carol City)
Shaun Shivers (Chaminade)

people say this every year. after we lost alex collins we didn't need a back up because the next year was dalvin cook and sony michel.

get a guy now and if he's filler then he'll be shuffled out.

Graduate transfers don't transfer to another school to be third or fourth string. Cross that option off the list. They've got two options: Make a last ditch effort at any decent back who isn't firmly committed or roll with what they got. This is EXACTLY why I was upset about Edwards transferring. It's not that he was some world beater, it's just that if the unthinkable happens (walton injury) they're now stuck with a stable of running backs that has zero career experience on offense.

I agree to a point, but more graduate transfers make moves for the next phase of their lives when looking at graduate schools. We mostly only hear about the ones who are very good, but most transfer to schools because they still want to be a part of football, but are focusing on their education.

Brown is following Epstein now, if we have to take another back I'd take Epstein over Bryan and Thompson

I'm not one for Twitter stalking but I've been looking at his list to see who we might throw offers at, already unfollowed McDiva.

If I have spare time on my hands I'm not opposed to checking to see who our coaches are following because it's information about who we are recruiting directly from the source rather than a reporter...cant beat it.

It's all good, didn't want it to seem like I was knocking Twitter stalking. Just don't have the time. I always appreciate our Twitter detectives, good info there, especially from coach followings. It's the kids retweeting that gets me, people fall for it.

Advertisement

I agree to a point, but more graduate transfers make moves for the next phase of their lives when looking at graduate schools. We mostly only hear about the ones who are very good, but most transfer to schools because they still want to be a part of football, but are focusing on their education.

You are right that a majority of grad transfers are doing it for education but Miami's might need an actual player not a career bench warmer looking to get a jumpstart on his masters degree.

Jake Heaps comes to mind as a recent example.

pocket the scholarship.....convince Gus to stay ideally or bring in a grad transfer and go balls to the wall on Lingard, Cook, Davis next cycle and grab 2 of the 3. Don't just eat up a scholarship on some kid that has no business being here.

Advertisement
Would it be crazy to find an athlete who might not have much time (or any) at rb but has the measurables and redshirt him with the plan that he can develop into a quality rb in a couple of years? Could also be a "break glass in case of emergency" type of player next season. Or are all those raw athlete types already taken?

You are right that a majority of grad transfers are doing it for education but Miami's might need an actual player not a career bench warmer looking to get a jumpstart on his masters degree.

Agree w/that. That's why I think the kid from Clemson might the type we go after. Was a 4 star recruit (so at least is talented), injuries, limited playing time, & just might understand his future isn't in the NFL - & can sell him on the chance to be the backup RB (though we all know Homer will be the 2, but the kid has no idea who Homer is.).

Yeah, we got Edge after signing day....

Don't think there are any Edge's laying around, but you never know - lots of undiscovered talent in Florida every year....

We need 2 RBs in next year's class....

Many kids sign after Feb 1. Happens every year. And why Richt has said countless times that he likes to save a couple of 'ships for transfers, juco, kids that quality later, and lastly kids making decisions later...

Relax folks.

Edge was already known as an elite national talent. His problem was academic, and I thnk it took a while to figure out if he could get into school. He wasn't just some "find" or fall-back. We did get a decent back, Larry Jones, late. He was a surprise but I'd take the natural talent of a McFarland over Larry Jones any day. Maybe Gus, if he played more could be a Larry Jones-type. Big and fairly fast, not too much wiggle, but enough to run for 100 plus yards against Nebraska in a bowl game.

Jake Heaps comes to mind as a recent example.

Heaps might have sucked but he came here because he had a legit shot at winning the starting job. Maybe he's a scholarly dude and he liked the education opportunity at Miami but the fact that there was a starting QB spot there for the taking was why he came.

Advertisement
Back