New RB Options

i'm all in on DJ Dallas playing RB. especially if we land all our DB & WR targets on NSD.

if you watch his film, it looks like his best position anyway.

He definitely is great with the ball in his hands but I don't see him as a special RB. Between his fluidity, playmaking instinct and range, I really feel he can be a lot more special at DB (still go back and forth between safety and CB--would need to see more). Rare to find DBs with the combo of skills he possesses.

RB isn't DJ's long-term position - WR/DB - and by making him larn another position will really stunt his growth. Not a fan of using him in this capacity.

Advertisement
I'd like to make a run at Bryan. Before the year, DMoney referred to him this way: "Of all of these backs, Bryan is the safest bet to be a good college player. " That sounds like exactly what we need as an insurance guy going into next year - and maybe like a Gio Bernard type, he turns out to be even better than just "good RB", which was the label he got back at STA, too.

Id take a Gio Bernard-type every year( especially as an insurance policy kinda recruit)
Agreed.

I think Deejays position decision has been made. I'd put him at rb, he definitely looks the part.

Advertisement
Wouldn't think so. Would just depend on what we tell him as to why he wasn't an option before.

IF he is a take now, you tell him we had 2 spots, both of which were filled.. now 1 opened up

The truth isn't even offensive. Maybe he'll tell us thanks but no thanks.. maybe not

Just be honest with the kids. Tell em that we werent looking hard because McFarland told us he was coming for months now.

I like AJ Davis. Don't see him as a Plan B kid either. He looks like a Plan A-.

Advertisement
Who is AJ Davis considering? It's probably too late, but he looks like a **** good player. Did the Gators not offer?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't wanna take another RB in the 2017 class unless its a plan A type guy, which is highly unlikely. I'd prefer to go after a grad transfer. We shouldn't have to settle for committing to four years of lesser talent anymore.

Advertisement
Back