New RB Options

i'm all in on DJ Dallas playing RB. especially if we land all our DB & WR targets on NSD.

if you watch his film, it looks like his best position anyway.

He definitely is great with the ball in his hands but I don't see him as a special RB. Between his fluidity, playmaking instinct and range, I really feel he can be a lot more special at DB (still go back and forth between safety and CB--would need to see more). Rare to find DBs with the combo of skills he possesses.

Advertisement
At this point, if we sign an RB it'll probably be just a body for depth. I don't see us flipping a quality RB at this late in the game.

I don't see any way Gus stays. He was given 16 carries through the first 8 games. I'm sure he was ****ed at that and doesn't really trust the staff to give him a significant amount of carries next year.

Richt is locked in to feeding Walton the ball, so I'm hoping Homer/Choc/Burns can show wnough to start taking some carries away from him.

I didn't think McFarland was as good as his rating & reputation, but I think would've been 2nd string next year because he was a Richt/Brown guy like Walton is.

My Mark Walton nightmare continues....

We have the rbs who will play. But for depth we will either sign a late bloomer or grad . Its not like Mcfarland was going to play this season much if at all but he would be big next season once Walton is in the NFL.

i'm all in on DJ Dallas playing RB. especially if we land all our DB & WR targets on NSD.

Jesus I hate this board

what position will DJ be playing? put your name on it

Look at DJ's highlights playing QB, he is a balla running the ball. It's not ideal but it's not a crazy opinion Mr. Vern.

It's not crazy to think he can do it. I think he can develop as a very good college RB. But I think it's crazy to think it's his best position. I think he can be special at DB. I'm leaning safety over CB. But I think he can do both well. I just think he has the range, instinct and fluidity to be the deep safety that we haven't really gotten in our other safety prospects

Advertisement

Jesus I hate this board

Look at DJ's highlights playing QB, he is a balla running the ball. It's not ideal but it's not a crazy opinion Mr. Vern.

It's not crazy to think he can do it. I think he can develop as a very good college RB. But I think it's crazy to think it's his best position. I think he can be special at DB. I'm leaning safety over CB. But I think he can do both well. I just think he has the range, instinct and fluidity to be the deep safety that we haven't really gotten in our other safety prospects

with the guys we'll have coming in for 2017 and then 2018, i think he'll get lost in the shuffle at DB

Advertisement
Jesus I hate this board

with the guys we'll have coming in for 2017 and then 2018, i think he'll get lost in the shuffle at DB

I think you're underestimating his potential at DB

Nobody is addressing the fact that grad transfers (see Gus Edwards) leave so they can get playing time. Most likely, a grad transfer wouldn't see many meaningful snaps here with walton and homer in front of him.

well i think you're being far too respectful to be posting on CIS. you must be lost

Advertisement

His ideal is WR or CB. I mean I personally like him with the ball in his hands but he would excel at CB or FS as well. Only would use at RB for emergency purposes. Think we will be fine with a grad transfer, just think it's not an asinine opinion like Mr. Bleak seems to think.

well i think you're being far too respectful to be posting on CIS. you must be lost

I'm slipping... won't let it happen again

Advertisement
Pete, do you think they will even look at another RB for this class or do they feel good with what they already have even without McFarland?

I'd like to make a run at Bryan. Before the year, DMoney referred to him this way: "Of all of these backs, Bryan is the safest bet to be a good college player. " That sounds like exactly what we need as an insurance guy going into next year - and maybe like a Gio Bernard type, he turns out to be even better than just "good RB", which was the label he got back at STA, too.

Id take a Gio Bernard-type every year( especially as an insurance policy kinda recruit)

Advertisement
Back