New RB Options

i'm all in on DJ Dallas playing RB. especially if we land all our DB & WR targets on NSD.

if you watch his film, it looks like his best position anyway.

Advertisement
i'm all in on DJ Dallas playing RB. especially if we land all our DB & WR targets on NSD.

He's pretty solid running the ball and would be deadly in the pass game. I'd take Njoku, Harley, Smith, Thomas, and Pouncey and move him vs taking some scrub RB.

I'd like to make a run at Bryan. Before the year, DMoney referred to him this way: "Of all of these backs, Bryan is the safest bet to be a good college player. " That sounds like exactly what we need as an insurance guy going into next year - and maybe like a Gio Bernard type, he turns out to be even better than just "good RB", which was the label he got back at STA, too.

To me Bryan, while having a trip planned this weekend, is the closest to home candidate and (as referenced by DMoney's other post) the type of guy we should more easily get. Did Bryan used to play with McIntosh btw at Gibbons? Between that and our regular flow of STA guys there should also be a comfort level. Of course no idea the real story behind the scenes regarding our initial interest in him and our level of pursuit at any time, but worth kicking the tired even if you get him to push past NSD.

He's pretty solid running the ball and would be deadly in the pass game. I'd take Njoku, Harley, Smith, Thomas, and Pouncey and move him vs taking some scrub RB.

his size his best suited for the position & he has a natural instinct for running the ball.

if we land the haul at DB & WR that we are expecting this year, and then follow that up with what we're expecting in 2018..i honestly dont even know where DJ would fit in if not at RB.

Yeah, we got Edge after signing day....

Don't think there are any Edge's laying around, but you never know - lots of undiscovered talent in Florida every year....

We need 2 RBs in next year's class....

Many kids sign after Feb 1. Happens every year. And why Richt has said countless times that he likes to save a couple of 'ships for transfers, juco, kids that quality later, and lastly kids making decisions later...

Relax folks.

Advertisement
I'd just try to roll with a graduate transfer for 2017, so we save a scholarship for 2018 for more elite talent than we will be able to procure this late in the recruiting process.

Yea, I was about to mention DJ. He's built like a RB, but not sure if he's able to handle that contact that comes with it. I think they take a look at the dude at Auburn, who played a little RB last year. Next year class is loaded with RB's that's in the state of Florida, including a few in our home base.

Advertisement
I expect them to scour the grad transfer market for one year depth help, then take 2-3 next year.

Advertisement
I expect them to scour the grad transfer market for one year depth help, then take 2-3 next year.

This!
Why commit a roster spot on a player you are just using as a filler.
Grad transfer fills that role and next year you get a player you believe in.

This!
Why commit a roster spot on a player you are just using as a filler.
Grad transfer fills that role and next year you get a player you believe in.

I like this idea a lot better than the idea that we take a filler guy, that's what golden did and we still have those fillers on the roster...take a one year grad transfer and get a back that can come in and be a factor next year when you need him after Walton leaves (give that offer to Curry)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back