New RB offer.

Advertisement
I like their strategy, get like 6 RB commits, so when half decommit, you still have a good class.

Advertisement
few quotes from the Rivals article on him
- After landing a Cane offer today he says it's just a matter of time until he makes it official that he'll be in this Miami recruiting class. "Miami is my dream school, the kind of place I plan to play my whole career at,"
- Won the running back MVP award at one of last summer's Al Golden camps.
- "I think I'm going to commit," he said. "I'm not sure exactly when, but I'm going to call coaches and do that."

Heavy heavy lean

Advertisement
There's a lot to like in those highlights, especially the burst, the big play ability, and the finish to his run at the 3:34 mark.

Like Burnett a lot more than the other RB we offered today, but I admit to having a bias towards more explosive backs.

Amir is a soft commit so it is what it is. Strictly business & I'm happy about the way they're strictly pursuing Florida talent.

Is this the first D1 prospect from Pahokee since the days of Chris Dunkley/DeJoshua Johnson?

Yep and Dunkley was from Royal Palm Beach and went to go live with a grand parent to play at Pahokee. The muck just isn't what it was.

Advertisement
Wow did I just hear about a pahokee kid? They haven't had talent in a while. Who was last Pahokee commit- Raheem Buxton?

Don't forget Micanor "kick u in da nutz" Regis. I'm not sure, but I think the economy in the Muck area has gotten worse, forcing people out. 10-15 years ago, there wasn't two better teams in south florida than Pahokee or Glades Central.

Looks like he made a big jump from his Sophmore to Junior year. I'm excited to see how he does his Senior year. Hilarious how he's always diving in the endzone & getting flagged too.
[video]https://tape.preps.com/h/fl/pahokee/pahokee-high-school/mcarthur-burnett/sophomore-sensation/116806376/[/video]

That looks like the tape of someone who could become a Heisman finalist in the right system. That kid would be a MENACE in the ACC. He's the kinda kid that winds up at Clemson, or Oklahoma, or Oregon for God sake, and dominating for 3 collegiate seasons before he moves on to the Pro's.

That's really impressive film. That ability to accelerate is truly a gift. When his foot gets in the ground, he's gone on the first step, as opposed to some guys who take a bit to get going. Very reminiscent of Corn Elder's high school tape.

Advertisement
Is this the first D1 prospect from Pahokee since the days of Chris Dunkley/DeJoshua Johnson?

Yep and Dunkley was from Royal Palm Beach and went to go live with a grand parent to play at Pahokee. The muck just isn't what it was.

Those familiar with the Muck....what the **** happened? It was poppin out there back in the day.

Those familiar with the Muck....what the **** happened? It was poppin out there back in the day.

Not that familiar, but in a nutshell the local economy tanked and the families all moved to Riviera Beach. Thus schools like Royal Palm Beach and Dwyer gaining steam. I think.

Amir is a soft commit so it is what it is. Strictly business & I'm happy about the way they're strictly pursuing Florida talent.

Amir is not a commit at all. Would love to have his speed but until he cuts the **** we need to keep getting backs in the boat. Especially after the last few years of missing on guys at the end.

Like the tape. Kid has good speed. Needless to say wee need that. Great athlete that could be great in the offensive or defensive backfield. Great offer.

Advertisement
Back