New Players & Upcoming Trip to France

We can agree to disagree, but I'll say it again: Casey is not going to be the backup five this year.

Seems like a disagreement rooted in semantics. Casey is absolutely unquestionably going to be playing minutes at the 5 while Omier is taking a rest. He’s also almost certainly going to get minutes at the 4. A lot of it will be based on matchups.

Out of curiosity, who do you think is the “backup five” this year, and will that person be on the floor anytime Omier is getting a breather?

Advertisement
I'm sure this was mentioned many times but did L say they were going to bring in another guy or two since we still have space?

Advertisement
1691706738179.png

Last edited:
Seems like a disagreement rooted in semantics. Casey is absolutely unquestionably going to be playing minutes at the 5 while Omier is taking a rest. He’s also almost certainly going to get minutes at the 4. A lot of it will be based on matchups.

Out of curiosity, who do you think is the “backup five” this year, and will that person be on the floor anytime Omier is getting a breather?
Nwoko is the most natural fit at the backup 5 based on how he plays right now. But as discussed, his youth may prevent this from becoming a reality. Which forces Casey into that position which he should absolutely be able to hold against other backup 5’s. But Nwoko is the most natural fit.

Advertisement
Nwoko is the most natural fit at the backup 5 based on how he plays right now. But as discussed, his youth may prevent this from becoming a reality. Which forces Casey into that position which he should absolutely be able to hold against other backup 5’s. But Nwoko is the most natural fit.

Of course… and I think Nwoko will get minutes at the 5 backing up Omier. But Nwoko still has a lot to prove at this level and I believe right now Casey is first off the bench to spell Omier.

He has a chance. We are all getting ahead of ourselves (me too) but the athleticism and skill set is there. Now can he accept the responsibility that comes with being counted on this year to produce every game?
L said LAST YEAR that Wooga has the tools to be an elite player IN THE NBA.

He has more than a chance… but he needs to stay focused and dedicated and not let his success go to his head.

Play 5 to 8 minutes of defense and rebound is what we need out of Nwoko. We will run more with Casey on the floor. We have better depth to run a lot more on offense and play scramble. I think the kids really understand their roles this year. If we stay healthy, this is going to be a really good team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back