new orange jersey

Miami is Adidas' new bell cow program. It would not surprise me to see a totally new set of uniforms almost every season. There's a few things about last season's unis that didn't go over well with the fans but at least they showed they were listening when they dumped that terrible font on the backs after a couple of games. With the Miami program on the rise, Adidas would be wise to start making Miami Oregon east.

Problem is Adidas is literally tanking in U.S sports. I don't care about the Yeezy's b/c that's not an athletic brand....they lost hella money on the NBA uniforms...and they lost hella money on the NFL uniforms. I know for sure they lost money on the Michigan uniforms. I would be real interested to know how the merchadise sales did for us last year b/c the fan replica jersey's were god-awful.

Adidas make fantastic futbol jerseys and fan replica jerseys, but they're low key shoddy on the U.S joints. Outside of the overpayment they gave us, I've been less than thrilled with the in-game joints. I was pumped after seeing the unveiling, but on the field, it's been rather meh, to say the least. Hopefully as we start winning, they'll put more effort into our jerseys and give us what they promised us...a classic feel.

We may want to give Adidas a few years of actually focusing on US athletic apparel sales before we bury them ...

And looking at our merchandise sales for a year when the team was average and the fans hated the coach might not be the best indicator of future sales ...

But I know you're a Nike guy, so your vantage points may be skewed.
Adidas has had plenty of time. Reebok, owned by Adidas since 2005, outfitted the NFL and NBA for over a decade. Adidas has outfitted college football teams for over a decade. They're getting worse, not better and have slipped from #2 behind Nike to #3 behind Under Armour as well in US sales. Adidas blows.

and if i'm not mistaken, Skechers recently snatched the No. 3 spot in US sales.

Advertisement
dump the "miami" on the front of the jersey and replace it with a small u on the collar.

get stitched numbers

make the sleeve stripes solid.

that's the perfect jersey.

Said the same thing from the beginning. Our jersey design is not complicated....take Miami off the front like we're some Pee-Wee football team. Stitch our numbers, and take off the feathers. Real simple to do. I don't even care if they wanna give us ice white or desert black or whatever their names are, take Miami off the front, stitch the lettering. That's it.

This for sure. It's so easy.

Advertisement
My problem is we don't need 3 stripes all over the place. We KNOW who we're endorsed by.

would you be against having 2.5 stripes? what about 4?

They can be strategically placed in certain areas of the uni...like the underarm, the back of the knee etc. thought?

Was this supposed to be funny? If so, I'm still waiting for the rim shot.

No I was serious, I really want stripes down the middle of the *** crack on the game day pants

Common sense is like deodorant...those that need it most never use it. Rell...you stink my brother

Oh boy Tre....you told me.....what a helluva comparison...common sense is like deodorant. I'll make sure to use that iconic comparison the next time I'm trying to help someone understand the true importance of having common sense (says no one)

Glad I can help. Next time don't question my logic. Just accept the fact that I spit knowledge.

should have never left Nike smh

Before Adidas: Larry, Randy, Al
After: Mark Richt

Don't forget those 3 rings either, playboy, before Adidas and the reason we are with Adidas is b/c of Al.

Lol You give Al too much power. Those contracts are way over the football coach's head.

Bro, not true AT ALL. Had Golden been fired and we hired a credible coach, Nike would've upped the offer we were given. We were low balled on the contract b/c we weren't serious about football. At the end of the day, an endorser is still looking for returns or potential returns...and boss, that's not a speculation, that's a fact.

would you be against having 2.5 stripes? what about 4?

They can be strategically placed in certain areas of the uni...like the underarm, the back of the knee etc. thought?

Was this supposed to be funny? If so, I'm still waiting for the rim shot.

No I was serious, I really want stripes down the middle of the *** crack on the game day pants

Common sense is like deodorant...those that need it most never use it. Rell...you stink my brother

Oh boy Tre....you told me.....what a helluva comparison...common sense is like deodorant. I'll make sure to use that iconic comparison the next time I'm trying to help someone understand the true importance of having common sense (says no one)

Glad I can help. Next time don't question my logic. Just accept the fact that I spit knowledge.

Lol...

dump the "miami" on the front of the jersey and replace it with a small u on the collar.

get stitched numbers

Said the same thing from the beginning. Our jersey design is not complicated....take Miami off the front like we're some Pee-Wee football team. Stitch our numbers, and take off the feathers. Real simple to do. I don't even care if they wanna give us ice white or desert black or whatever their names are, take Miami off the front, stitch the lettering. That's it.

This for sure. It's so easy.

I'm saying MABster

Advertisement
Meh, Miami won four national titles wearing Russell Athletic brand jerseys, so nobody is going to convince me that one brand is soooo much better than another. The Adidas deal was a no-brainer. You sign up with whoever ponies up the most cash. Anybody who thinks otherwise either has some emotional tie to a certain brand or is just retarded and should not be trusted with any type of financial responsibilities. The significant bump in coaching staff budget was directly related to that contract. Despite being mediocre for the past decade, Miami still has plenty of brand recognition and still sells merchandise comparable to the nations top teams. I stated earlier that Adidas is making Miami their bell cow. That's an advantage that neither Nike or Under Armor can match. No matter how successful you are, you'll always be second fiddle to Oregon or Maryland. Whether the deal works out for Adidas or not is to be seen. I assume it hangs on Coach Richt's ability to return Miami to prominence.

get stitched numbers

i'm a nike guy through and through, but these changes you mention above would at least make our jerseys look respectable again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back