New Offer in Texas: 4 star 2022 DT Bear Alexander

Yeah I never got the impression that Texas kids are as loyal as they were 10-15 years ago to the home schools.

And I think this situation is different then Maason Smith because I dont think MSmith ever OV'd visited right?

Call me crazy, but I think this kid comes back down here one more time before making a decision. If he does, I think we are definitely in it.

Ill take a 25% chance at this point. Thats about where we should be. We have a great season (11-1/10-2) then things could get interesting.
Imo it's more of a UT then kids aren't that loyal because even when they still got commits I'd hear about threats from big time boosters around the problem threatening recruits and just all around disrespect through thr process. After they started losing every year people just finally got over them but A&M now looks like a different beast so Bear will be hard to pull away from them

Advertisement
here are the out of state DL we've signed in the last 4 years:

thomas davis
quentin williams
jalar holley
jason blisset
jared harrison hunte

these are all three star projection/evaluation types, w/ the exception of blisset who was a 4 star but a late riser. we got jaelan phillips but that was a bit of special situation. the last top out of state DL we signed was DJ johnson who was gone after a year. our recent draft success on the DL should help but fact of the matter is that pulling big time DL from out of state is really difficult because those kids are going to priorities for everyone.

Who is the last legit 5 star we have pulled from out of state?

Legit! Not near 5 stars like Brevin.

You are definitely about to get some "Oh fvck 247 those guys don't know what they are talking about, Brevin was a legit 5*!" responses.

But, the answer to your question is Seantrel, and that should have an asterisk by it considering how that went down. Arthur Brown was the last one before Seantrel I believe.

Advertisement
You are definitely about to get some "Oh fvck 247 those guys don't know what they are talking about, Brevin was a legit 5*!" responses.

But, the answer to your question is Seantrel, and that should have an asterisk by it considering how that went down. Bryce Brown was the last one before Seantrel I believe.

Arthur Brown?

Who is the last legit 5 star we have pulled from out of state?

Legit! Not near 5 stars like Brevin.
This is kind of an unfair question. The program has been a joke for better part of the 14 out of the last 15 years. (2017). Pulling 5* kids OOS is difficult under those circumstances.

We have a little more juice right now to sell to these kids. Manny and his team are doing a great job with making UM a "cool" place to be right now. Now all he has to do is win or not get completely blown out by Bama and finish the rest of the season on a high mark.

Advertisement

But, the answer to your question is Seantrel, and that should have an asterisk by it considering how that went down. Arthur Brown was the last one before Seantrel I believe.
Dam, Seantrel feels like forever ago.

This is kind of an unfair question. The program has been a joke for better part of the 14 out of the last 15 years. (2017). Pulling 5* kids OOS is difficult under those circumstances.

We have a little more juice right now to sell to these kids. Manny and his team are doing a great job with making UM a "cool" place to be right now. Now all he has to do is win or not get completely blown out by Bama and finish the rest of the season on a high mark.
Not an unfair question because I had no agenda with it. I was just legit curious.

I am a believer that past performance doesn't always determine future performance. So believe me, I wasn't trying to make some sly point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow. Bags mfers bags
NCAA while seeing this picture:
april fools prank GIF

NCAA looking at Arizona State:

scared ship GIF by South Park

Time to lock up commits from two of 2022 DT'S such as Alton Tarber, Daniel Lyons, Quental Jones, Jordan Phillips, or Tawfiq Thomas then leave 1 spot for best available that we leave open until early signing day.

I am thinking Paradise camp performance could be a good litmus test.

Go Canes

PS: good thing Bear Alexander let us know early he appreciated his Miami vacation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back