NEW OC Dan Enos

Advertisement
Miami pulling Enos from Bama who is a highly respected QB coach, former OC, and has Saban's trust so much he was considering making him Bama's OC, leads to the CIS herd relentlessly posting how bad the hire is (most with no actual basis to support their negative drivel), is so CIS these days it hurts.

Michigan pulled Doug Nussmeier from Alabama, and he was a train wreck.

Florida hired Jim McElwain, whose offense was ALSO a train wreck.

Getting a guy that Bama "wants" does not have a great track record.

Advertisement
Not sure what to think. Know nothing about him, so I can't be upset or excited. Need to find out more about the guy.

Not a splash hire we all wanted, but will be the guy to develop our QB's and put up a ton of points with the talent we have.
Hopefully we surround him with strong coaches.

Yall wanted to break the bank? This has to be north of a million. Bama and UGA were SERIOUSLY interested

Advertisement
I also was hoping for a Yost/Harrell type but check his offense (will include Alabama despite his being qb coach only):

scoring offense at Arkansas

2015: 32
2016: 59
2017: 71

Bama:
2018: 3

Plus several stints at smaller schools and was head man at Central Michigan for 5 years. I think he's solid and has a lot of SEC playcalling experience and head man experience which should help Diaz a lot. Not a homerun, but solid.

Advertisement
I think Manny whiffed a bunch before this hire. If that’s the case, then this is a good hire. UM is unfortunately not what we were. Think about past OCs (Whipple, Coley, Brown (as Richt’s puppet) and Manny is a first time head coach.

If this was a part of the 3 coordinators that he spoke about at his presser, shame on Manny! But if he did not get anywhere with his other attempts (or the university shot them down due to past history like Applewhite) then I am glad that we have someone that seems like they are competent enough to get us to compete. We need to stabilize before we can rebound from the Richt era (all 3 years of it).

Solid post. I was being a bit harsh on Enos in my post given his success (or lack thereof) before his 2018 with Alabama....but I agree...if Manny has been hunting with no luck...this guy can at least say he was part of a National Title contending squad in 2018 and he did play QB at a high level in college.

Again, with me...it is all about landing the right OL coach.

UM

I don't think it's a bad hire, necessarily.
Guess I'm just underwhelmed after all the lead-up. I was expected someone younger and flashier.

But if the guy has a solid staff and can get some production out of our roster, I'll support him.

Advertisement
I honestly think you guys are stupid. You guys are telling me that you would rather have 2 fired head coaches and coordinators for low tier power 5 schools hired over Alabama's qb coach who they tried to promote to OC and who UGA tried to hire? UNBELIEVABLE
My thing isnt that it's what the scheme will be. I think he can make Jarren ball hard next season if it comes to it snd he won't be bad but I wanted a true spread that'll utilize the speed and athleticism and sure Enos may do that im just not certain but of course im cheering for him now

Maybe Brian Monroe knew what he was talking about when he was talking about a transfer depending on the OC. IF we land Hurts, our current QB's are definitely going to bolt. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Advertisement
Back