NEW OC Dan Enos

Well both Bama and UGA wanted him as there OC so I trust 2 of the 3 winningest programs around . To be honest all I know about bama's O is the throw and run about equally but when they throw it is long passes . Very little short passing game . At least what I have watched. BUt boy is their O explosive.

Advertisement
Yup. Highly enough to let him come to us.

Saban doesn't want a wide open offense. He wants more of a run-based offense. He usually has the OL and RB's that can do that, unlike most programs. That's one of the reasons Applewhite didn't last there. He also thinks they were too wide-open in the NC game and should have run the ball more.

Advertisement
I’m sure regardless of who was hired there were gonna be butt hurt losers. We should all be happy that we got a great coach with amazing experience. We don’t know what exact offense he will run but we can be sure that it will be a breath of fresh air. I’m excited we got someone highly regarded from a top program and not Zack Whodafuq from Eastern North Montana Horticultural Institue Tech. Until we are given a reason not to be thrilled I know I will be.

Last edited:
I'm good with this. Let's ride....plus he's gotta be better than Richt Jr at QB corch

Advertisement
If we're going to have an up-tempo spread that mentally stresses defenses and prioritizes getting our explosive athletes in space, then it will be unlike any offense Dan Enos ever ran at Central Michigan or Arkansas.

Enos' offensive philosophy is the polar opposite of what Diaz said he wanted to bring here. Maybe he'll run something completely different than he has before, but there's no precedent for Enos calling an up-tempo spread. He was widely praised for his work with Tua and Hurts, but it was not his offense at Bama.

I'll wait to see what Enos says he's going to run. I think it's widely known Saban has quite a bit of input on how he wants the offense ran at BAMA. Maybe this dude wants something different?

Grasping at straws here.

Advertisement
This guy has literally no ties to programs that have ever run the spread.

He was a coordinator under Dantonio at Cincinnatti with Dantonio and then followed him to Michigan State. Ground and pound.

Then he went to Arkansas under Bielema. Ground and pound.

Then he went to Bama under Saban. While they had some RPO concepts this year, they were still a ground and pound team.

Horrible.

Miami pulling Enos from Bama who is a highly respected QB coach, former OC, and has Saban's trust so much he was considering making him Bama's OC, leading to the CIS herd relentlessly posting how bad the hire is (most with no actual basis to support their negative drivel), is so CIS these days it hurts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Manny whiffed a bunch before this hire. If that’s the case, then this is a good hire. UM is unfortunately not what we were. Think about past OCs (Whipple, Coley, Brown (as Richt’s puppet) and Manny is a first time head coach.

If this was a part of the 3 coordinators that he spoke about at his presser, shame on Manny! But if he did not get anywhere with his other attempts (or the university shot them down due to past history like Applewhite) then I am glad that we have someone that seems like they are competent enough to get us to compete. We need to stabilize before we can rebound from the Richt era (all 3 years of it).

I dont know how we managed to get him with Bama and Uga both offering OC jobs

The reality is that the guy wasn't in that category. Probably an average coach that Alabama and UGA would put down the list a ways and I guess, given his experience, Manny thinks he is stellar.

Just from Wiki he was head coach at Central Michigan from 2010-2014 and had 2 7-6 seasons as highlights after replacing Butch Jones

He was OC/QB coach at Arkansas under Biliemma and did meh.

QB coach at Alabama just for 2018.

The guy played QB at MSU for a few seasons.

Hope he pans out and exceeds what he has done everywhere else. Maybe his one year at Alabaga has taught him how to win?!

UM

Advertisement
Back