NEW NIL Guidelines

Advertisement
Advertisement
Apparently, Zay Flowers says he turned down two "big money" offers ($600K and $300K) to leave BC. Most are assuming one of those was from Miami interests? Don't know whether he alleges tampering or what. Anyone know more?

Doubt it, Ruiz said all the player reps He's dealt with have been compliant.

wasn't a problem until Miami started "winning" the NIL battle

Correct. And Stewie Mandel started crying. And Darren Rovell started crying. And Danny Kanell. And everyone else who has been saying Miami has been ruining things. Does that mean we’re instantly getting sanctioned? Of course not. But it’s just a totally unnecessary thing to draw attention to.

Advertisement
Tried to tell people that the NCAA was gonna try to bite back...

I love John Ruiz, I root for LifeWallet to kick a$$, I just wish he'd take things down a notch or two. No need to offer up a "this is what we are trying to address" example for the NCAA.

Move (and kill) in silence.

Yeap, RellyRell been saying same thing and I agree with both of you.

My opinion:

1. This is a scare tactic that will be almost impossible to enforce.

2. All you need is an intermediary (a non-booster) to facilitate everything. Which the smart schools are already doing.

3. I'd be interested to see how this effects collectives. Is everyone who gives to a collective a booster?
The thing that gets people in trouble is when tweets take place before a player even signs. Allegedly, for some, before a player has even entered the portal.

Advertisement
Are they going to name in the Miami Rule?
If anyone is following the rules, it would be Ruiz. He's an attorney and has 30 attorneys on staff.

The funny thing is Danny Kennel taking to Twitter trying to blame Ruiz when you have schools like FSU literally putting together a "collective" of penny Annie donors just to pay NIL $$ to their players.

Ruiz has legit businesses. These "collectives" at FSU, Texas, and TamU are the ones out of bounds.

Last edited:
You guys seriously think Ruiz was never a booster and all of a sudden started spending millions a few months ago? I'd bet the house he is a golden cane or higher (if that exists).

Advertisement
If anyone is following the rules, it would be Ruiz. He's an attorney and has 30 attorneys on staff.

The funny thing is Danny Kennel taking to Twitter trying to blame Ruiz when you have schools like FSU literally putting together a "collective" of penny Annie donors just to pay NIL $$ to their players.

Ruiz has legit businesses. These "collective" at FSU, Texas, and TamU are the ones out of bounds.
As inept as the NCAA has shown itself to be at times (Lotsa times actually) , they're going to keep pushing the narrative and end up exposing all the parties they're trying to protect (SEC and followers).... This is gonna blow up in their faces badly....
More and more it really feels like Ruiz is double dog daring the NCAA to take a swing at him...

Last edited:
Please stop with this dopey nonsense.

Do I think "collectives" enforcement would be happening? Recruiting? Tampering? Yes, with many, many programs.

But if he was more quiet about things, do I think UM transfers would be part of this "witness roundup"? No. No I do not.

This isn't about "who hates us". It's about WHAT THE HATERS DO IN RESPONSE. And, yes, the NCAA and its member institutions still have some teeth in their collective mouth, contrary to popular board opinion.
Ruiz and NIL have become synonymous. We know the NCAA hates Miami but he has made their job targeting us that much easier. I do agree that he beats this but it was all so I necessary.

I think there’s a couple of pieces missing:

1. NIL was designed for college student’s Name, Image, & likeness. The moment NILs were offered to HS kids, it became a pay-to-play matter. HS kids r truly amateurs, so this was open bag season to recruit kids to go to a school using NIL as a guise.

2. The complications w/ the portal transfers r, again, NIL being used as a guise to get kids to leave & select a school. However, this one is a bit more complicated since we have established collegiate athletes, looking to capitalize off their name, image, & likeness.

If anyone doesn’t think NIL or The Portal need parameters, u’re foolish. Even Ruiz himself said it needs parameters. However, Ruiz posting an existing player, in Wong, w/ a NIL deal is solid. The twins moving on from a G5 to a P5 school, & signing on NIL for Ruiz? Not a problem. Honestly, thus far, our NIL exposure have been for either existing players or transfers. That’s good marketing.

My whole original post was not to bash Ruiz, but caution why we need to move in silence compared to other schools, b/c there’s a different set of rules. I’m big on time, & I definitely hate wasting mine. Even though I’m certain the NCAA won’t find chit on us, just like the FBI didn’t find chit on us during that Adidas probe, it was a waste of time & it created negative recruiting off strength of perception.

It’s not fair, we all know that; we did nothing wrong, WE ALL know that; but, dealing w/ creeps in Indianapolis, especially ones who r looking to regain some semblance of power, we gotta move differently. Always had, always will.

I’m not worried
To come up and make money like Ruiz
U have to be meticulous in everything you do
I guarantee he had the best attorneys, himself included comb over everything he did to make sure he’s compliant
We have smart money now
Not dumb money like nevin

Advertisement
Back