NEW NIL Guidelines

The thing that kills me is all fans of other schools are claiming their NIL is clean. And Miami and USCs is operating against rules (neither has a collective). **** Tennessee claims they're good as their collective company acts as a barrier to athletes and boosters. It's all just hilarious.

Everyone is at least a little worried about this and projecting fear.

**** the NCAA. Sure go ahead, slap us with some infractions. I look forward to the lawsuits and the almost guarantee loss by the NCAA. We've been bad for 20 years, I can wait a few more if needed if it means the NCAA dies by the hands of Miami boosters.

Advertisement
As inept as the NCAA has shown itself to be at times (Lotsa times actually) , they're going to keep pushing the narrative and end up exposing the all the parties they're trying to protect (SEC and followers).... This is gonna blow up in their faces badly....
More and more it really feels like Ruiz is double dog daring the NCAA to take a swing at him...
He knows he'll crush them and open the door even wider. The NCAA is trying to put the scare out to keep people in line. They are basically toothless with a few exceptions.

I do agree that NIL should not be discussed with transfer players until they have signed.

I think there’s a couple of pieces missing:

1. NIL was designed for college student’s Name, Image, & likeness. The moment NILs were offered to HS kids, it became a pay-to-play matter. HS kids r truly amateurs, so this was open bag season to recruit kids to go to a school using NIL as a guise.

2. The complications w/ the portal transfers r, again, NIL being used as a guise to get kids to leave & select a school. However, this one is a bit more complicated since we have established collegiate athletes, looking to capitalize off their name, image, & likeness.

If anyone doesn’t think NIL or The Portal need parameters, u’re foolish. Even Ruiz himself said it needs parameters. However, Ruiz posting an existing player, in Wong, w/ a NIL deal is solid. The twins moving on from a G5 to a P5 school, & signing on NIL for Ruiz? Not a problem. Honestly, thus far, our NIL exposure have been for either existing players or transfers. That’s good marketing.

My whole original post was not to bash Ruiz, but caution why we need to move in silence compared to other schools, b/c there’s a different set of rules. I’m big on time, & I definitely hate wasting mine. Even though I’m certain the NCAA won’t find chit on us, just like the FBI didn’t find chit on us during that Adidas probe, it was a waste of time & it created negative recruiting off strength of perception.

It’s not fair, we all know that; we did nothing wrong, WE ALL know that; but, dealing w/ creeps in Indianapolis, especially ones who r looking to regain some semblance of power, we gotta move differently. Always had, always will.
💯
Not only that but he actually did the NIL exactly the way it was intended to be done. This as all started with the O’Bannon case and it seems like the rest of cfb managed to just glance over that huge fact.

I’m sure Ruiz is a fan and is also aware of the hate and the fear of having Miami lock up all the talent this area produces and being on the national stage again.
He’s likely well aware that if we even jay walk we’re getting the maximum penalty.

lebron got his nike deal off of the NIL he built in high school. saying a kid shouldn’t get paid until he’s done something in college is ridiculous. does arch mannings NIL not have any value right now because he hasn’t took a snap in HS?

Advertisement
lebron got his nike deal off of the NIL he built in high school. saying a kid shouldn’t get paid until he’s done something in college is ridiculous. does arch mannings NIL not have any value right now because he hasn’t took a snap in HS?

What kills me is the ones that say giving NILs to HS kids is ruining the sport. Did giving Serena, Venus, Capriati, etc., million dollar endorsements ruin tennis? Did giving teenage soccer prodigies in Europe million dollar endorsements ruin soccer?

I think there’s a couple of pieces missing:

1. NIL was designed for college student’s Name, Image, & likeness. The moment NILs were offered to HS kids, it became a pay-to-play matter. HS kids r truly amateurs, so this was open bag season to recruit kids to go to a school using NIL as a guise.

2. The complications w/ the portal transfers r, again, NIL being used as a guise to get kids to leave & select a school. However, this one is a bit more complicated since we have established collegiate athletes, looking to capitalize off their name, image, & likeness.

If anyone doesn’t think NIL or The Portal need parameters, u’re foolish. Even Ruiz himself said it needs parameters. However, Ruiz posting an existing player, in Wong, w/ a NIL deal is solid. The twins moving on from a G5 to a P5 school, & signing on NIL for Ruiz? Not a problem. Honestly, thus far, our NIL exposure have been for either existing players or transfers. That’s good marketing.

My whole original post was not to bash Ruiz, but caution why we need to move in silence compared to other schools, b/c there’s a different set of rules. I’m big on time, & I definitely hate wasting mine. Even though I’m certain the NCAA won’t find chit on us, just like the FBI didn’t find chit on us during that Adidas probe, it was a waste of time & it created negative recruiting off strength of perception.

It’s not fair, we all know that; we did nothing wrong, WE ALL know that; but, dealing w/ creeps in Indianapolis, especially ones who r looking to regain some semblance of power, we gotta move differently. Always had, always will.
Agree totally

Advertisement
Of course nobody in the media has a problem when 8-win Texas A&M buys the best recruiting class in the history of college football. Nobody says a peep about Texas and the “pancake factory” buying OL. Everyone sits silent when a Tennessee “collective” which is not a legit business buys a 5-star QB, and nobody screams “tampering” when half of Oklahoma’s roster transfers to USC.

But AS SOON AS Miami has any portal success, and as soon as Ruiz sends out one innocent tweet, it turns in to the Spanish Inquisition up in here. They are making new rules, retroactive rules, rules about the rules.

The bias is so **** obvious

The good thing is…I’m no lawyer but I do know if the NCAA selectively goes after Miami and not its SEC darlings then Ruiz has standing to sue.

Basically they’re gonna tell this $30bn company how to do their marketing and throw shade on their deals? He can nail them to the wall and he should

The good thing is…I’m no lawyer but I do know if the NCAA selectively goes after Miami and not its SEC darlings then Ruiz has standing to sue.

Basically they’re gonna tell this $30bn company how to do their marketing and throw shade on their deals? He can nail them to the wall and he should

Purely my opinion but I believe if this were the route the NCAA took then Ruiz would rake them over hot coals.

Since Shapiro we've been crossing t's dotting i's and Ruiz is working with the school.

He'd burn it all down.

It's the wild, wild west for NIL.
Ask Dabo and Jimbo the kings of the undertable wink, that had them winning for years, pre NIL..

Now Ruiz comes along and said... ok we have these regs in place and my plan is.....watch this......Hold my beer, ......
Our plan is Bullet proof at the U, so do your thing but we have our sh<t together, go ahead.......
We are ahead of the eight ball....your play...

Canes love this sticky wicket...hehehe.
NIL ...we Canes are legal all the way, thanks to Ruiz.

Advertisement

The fact that Ruiz and the school made sure to include him picking some of the portal signees up in his new jet as part of the NIL contract vs. some rumors about other schools possibly having to step away from a high profile deal for not including a ride on a boosters jet shows how thorough we are being and the competence we have checking things off.

The fact that Ruiz and the school made sure to include him picking some of the portal signees up in his new jet as part of the NIL contract vs. some rumors about other schools possibly having to step away from a high profile deal for not including a ride on a boosters jet shows how thorough we are being and the competence we have checking things off.
Bingo. Ruiz has made it clear that he he's crossed every T and dotted every lowercase J, and nothing he's done so far leads me to believe he's bull****ting.

A lot of people are worried about him using twitter to announce deals. But that's backwards. Why would a legit business, that is paying players to represent them, want to keep their affiliation with those players quite? Isn't that supposed to be the purpose of NIL? Paying for use of their name image and likeness?

Advertisement
The article writers don’t work at the NCAA Office. We know they have a hate-boner for us

Writers, NCAA, college coaches, teams, and non-Miami fans across the nation are scared ****less about a University of Miami starting to roll again.

I used to so much love the hatred we got - across the nation! Our teams FED on that hatred, welcomed it, even embraced it.

I want that again, so BAD.

The thing that kills me is all fans of other schools are claiming their NIL is clean. And Miami and USCs is operating against rules (neither has a collective). **** Tennessee claims they're good as their collective company acts as a barrier to athletes and boosters. It's all just hilarious.

Everyone is at least a little worried about this and projecting fear.

**** the NCAA. Sure go ahead, slap us with some infractions. I look forward to the lawsuits and the almost guarantee loss by the NCAA. We've been bad for 20 years, I can wait a few more if needed if it means the NCAA dies by the hands of Miami boosters.

I long to hear the lamentations of their women.

I will sing the song of my people.

Advertisement
Back