New Miami Adidas UltraboostšŸ”„

Have we seen these? There is too much Nike sucking off to wade back very far.

Yeah; and we complained. Lol.

I will say this about the UB 1ā€™s, which I think Adidas did fix:

The boost itself gets real grimey & unwashable after about a yr & the soles literally cracked and wore down under the shoe. But, I heard they were comfortable af.

Advertisement
Yeah; and we complained. Lol.

I will say this about the UB 1ā€™s, which I think Adidas did fix:

The boost itself gets real grimey & unwashable after about a yr & the soles literally cracked and wore down under the shoe. But, I heard they were comfortable af.

A special edition once every five years should fix everything, right?

And we should forgive them for the ProBounce, the SuperNova, and the ZX 5000 (all of which I own, but never wear), correct?

I'm loyal to adidas, but they are trying my patience...

A special edition once every five years should fix everything, right?

And we should forgive them for the ProBounce, the SuperNova, and the ZX 5000 (all of which I own, but never wear), correct?

I'm loyal to adidas, but they are trying my patience...

That was one of my reservations about the switch. Itā€™s coming to fruition. Adidas have heat, but all their schools get the basics w/ their poorest quality (plastic & velcroā€¦.like Oshkosh Bā€™Gosh type velcro, lol), & even that chit comes around every so often. Fan gear is limited outside a few Tā€™s. Yeah they gave us a bag, but Iā€™m truly curious as to where our merch sales have been since the move.

One thing I know for a fact, Michigan got more money from Adidas when they made that switch, but they started having real issues, from Adidasā€™ labor practices, to jersey performance, to replacement practice & in game jerseys. I heard from my relativeā€™s fiancĆ©, whoā€™s a former player, that Michigan apparel sales went down after the switch, as well.

But for anyone arguing w/ u, OC, Iā€™m just not sure why. U were literally one of the ā€œFck Nike, itā€™s all about Adidasā€ guys from the outset. ****, even we had our back & forth on this, lol. So for u to express frustration is worth noting.

That was one of my reservations about the switch. Itā€™s coming to fruition. Adidas have heat, but all their schools get the basics w/ their poorest quality (plastic & velcroā€¦.like Oshkosh Bā€™Gosh type velcro, lol), & even that chit comes around every so often. Fan gear is limited outside a few Tā€™s. Yeah they gave us a bag, but Iā€™m truly curious as to where our merch sales have been since the move.

One thing I know for a fact, Michigan got more money from Adidas when they made that switch, but they started having real issues, from Adidasā€™ labor practices, to jersey performance, to replacement practice & in game jerseys. I heard from my relativeā€™s fiancĆ©, whoā€™s a former player, that Michigan apparel sales went down after the switch, as well.

But for anyone arguing w/ u, OC, Iā€™m just not sure why. U were literally one of the ā€œFck Nike, itā€™s all about Adidasā€ guys from the outset. ****, even we had our back & forth on this, lol. So for u to express frustration is worth noting.

Amen, brother. With the number of schools that Nike pays, there was NO financial justification for terminating the relationship with Nike's ORIGINAL all-apparel university. I know the CIS mopes love to tell us about how terrible our program was around the time that we made the Nike-adidas switch, but that's just haters hating. I've known Harry (AllCanes) for years, and I can tell you that Miami merch has sold steadily in SoFla in good times and bad. Now, maybe we weren't selling as much on the national level, but that is fixable (and also came juuuuuuust before Fanatics took over the merch market and began to sell EVERYTHING for EVERYONE).

I'm not ******* around, I keep my ProBounce and SuperNova and ZX 5000 shoes in the box because I am afraid they will fall apart if I actually put them on my feet. I don't lie, I already ordered the Ultraboost 21s and I'll order the 4Ds next month when they drop. I love my alma mater, I'll buy anything that looks decent, I remember going to the UM Bookstore in my freshman year and being devastated by the lack of UM merch in 1986 (when my high school friends who became Gaytors had way better stuff to wear).

I have had a fatwa against Nike since the switch. I want adidas to succeed. But, yeah, this is not my definition of success. I have enjoyed almost all of the adidas polo shirts I have purchased. I have liked about half of the adidas shoes I have purchased. But I know what it looks like when a supplier (Nike) sends the players a ton of stuff to wear, and they send AllCanes/CanesWear a ton of stuff to sell. This isn't it.

A final thought...any shoe company makes colorways. Lots of colorways. I don't care if my UltraBoosts have a special Sebastian velcro tag or not, but are you ******* telling me that a colorblind factory worker wouldn't OCCASIONALLY ***** up and make an orange/green colorway? I know it's not, but it feels like a conspiracy. ****, other schools (Indiana, Texas A&M, Arizona, Nebraska, Washington) may have somewhat more "common" colorways, but it certainly feels like adidas is ACTIVELY avoiding green/orange colorways in all of its various models of shoes.

I've shot my shot. It took nearly 20 years for me to get ****ed with Nike (bra straps?), and I'm already to that point with adidas. It's sad, and I hope that things get better, because we don't have a ton of options unless Nike wants to rekindle the marriage.

All respect, relly, you are the GOAT of the shoe game!

Amen, brother. With the number of schools that Nike pays, there was NO financial justification for terminating the relationship with Nike's ORIGINAL all-apparel university. I know the CIS mopes love to tell us about how terrible our program was around the time that we made the Nike-adidas switch, but that's just haters hating. I've known Harry (AllCanes) for years, and I can tell you that Miami merch has sold steadily in SoFla in good times and bad. Now, maybe we weren't selling as much on the national level, but that is fixable (and also came juuuuuuust before Fanatics took over the merch market and began to sell EVERYTHING for EVERYONE).

I'm not ******* around, I keep my ProBounce and SuperNova and ZX 5000 shoes in the box because I am afraid they will fall apart if I actually put them on my feet. I don't lie, I already ordered the Ultraboost 21s and I'll order the 4Ds next month when they drop. I love my alma mater, I'll buy anything that looks decent, I remember going to the UM Bookstore in my freshman year and being devastated by the lack of UM merch in 1986 (when my high school friends who became Gaytors had way better stuff to wear).

I have had a fatwa against Nike since the switch. I want adidas to succeed. But, yeah, this is not my definition of success. I have enjoyed almost all of the adidas polo shirts I have purchased. I have liked about half of the adidas shoes I have purchased. But I know what it looks like when a supplier (Nike) sends the players a ton of stuff to wear, and they send AllCanes/CanesWear a ton of stuff to sell. This isn't it.

A final thought...any shoe company makes colorways. Lots of colorways. I don't care if my UltraBoosts have a special Sebastian velcro tag or not, but are you ******* telling me that a colorblind factory worker wouldn't OCCASIONALLY ***** up and make an orange/green colorway? I know it's not, but it feels like a conspiracy. ****, other schools (Indiana, Texas A&M, Arizona, Nebraska, Washington) may have somewhat more "common" colorways, but it certainly feels like adidas is ACTIVELY avoiding green/orange colorways in all of its various models of shoes.

I've shot my shot. It took nearly 20 years for me to get ****ed with Nike (bra straps?), and I'm already to that point with adidas. It's sad, and I hope that things get better, because we don't have a ton of options unless Nike wants to rekindle the marriage.

All respect, relly, you are the GOAT of the shoe game!

All excellent points here; I agree w/ every last one. Appreciate the love as well. Iā€™m trying to catch up to that boy P J Tucker, he just donā€™t know it yet. Lol. I know there was a split of mind from The Nike camp about this. Whether ppl wanna believe this or not, but Nike loved & still love us, which is y they always flirt w/ our colorway on shoes, but canā€™t come out and say ā€œHurricanes this or that.ā€ Some OG execs who know sit on the board was split on this, but some of the new guys put $$ before loyalty.

Just looking at the Michigan situation, & lessons learned, who knows. But one thing I hated, and I donā€™t care if this was a contract w/ Nike, Reebok, NB, or any otherā€¦y sign a 12 yr deal? U sign an 8 yr deal, maybe 10. Unless u r getting UT or OSU Type money, u donā€™t sign a 12 yr deal. The market changes & u donā€™t wanna be handcuffed. They saw that $ figure & busted a nut way to quick. Take the 8, make the $, repackage urself for another money grab. Just look at how much UDub made AFTER our deal, and weā€™re a much bigger brand, nationally.

Advertisement
All excellent points here; I agree w/ every last one. Appreciate the love as well. Iā€™m trying to catch up to that boy P J Tucker, he just donā€™t know it yet. Lol. I know there was a split of mind from The Nike camp about this. Whether ppl wanna believe this or not, but Nike loved & still love us, which is y they always flirt w/ our colorway on shoes, but canā€™t come out and say ā€œHurricanes this or that.ā€ Some OG execs who know sit on the board was split on this, but some of the new guys put $$ before loyalty.

Just looking at the Michigan situation, & lessons learned, who knows. But one thing I hated, and I donā€™t care if this was a contract w/ Nike, Reebok, NB, or any otherā€¦y sign a 12 yr deal? U sign an 8 yr deal, maybe 10. Unless u r getting UT or OSU Type money, u donā€™t sign a 12 yr deal. The market changes & u donā€™t wanna be handcuffed. They saw that $ figure & busted a nut way to quick. Take the 8, make the $, repackage urself for another money grab. Just look at how much UDub made AFTER our deal, and weā€™re a much bigger brand, nationally.

Well...UM is a member of the ACC. Didn't our conference sign a 99 year below-market contract with ESPN?

I blame Beta Blake.

And I still hope that adidas pulls its collective head out of its ******. Make good ****e, people will buy it. Simple concept.

I don't need hype. I'll buy 3-stripe as long as they support UM.

Well...UM is a member of the ACC. Didn't our conference sign a 99 year below-market contract with ESPN?

I blame Beta Blake.

And I still hope that adidas pulls its collective head out of its ******. Make good ****e, people will buy it. Simple concept.

I don't need hype. I'll buy 3-stripe as long as they support UM.

Yeah; oy vey. That ESPN contract. Smh.

Yeah itā€™s not a hard concept.

Week 2 of the season...

No new 2021 orange jersey, white jersey, or green jersey on adidas website, AllCanes, CanesWear, UM Bookstore, or Fanatics.

adidas drops "Reverse Retro" jerseys for 2021. Miami is conspicuous by its absence.

Six long years left on this contract, boys...

Fuggin' adidas...

They have started the drop for the new UM Ultra4D...unfortunately, they have mixed up the Miami shoe and the Arizona State shoe...

Doh!

Advertisement
Fuggin' adidas...

They have started the drop for the new UM Ultra4D...unfortunately, they have mixed up the Miami shoe and the Arizona State shoe...

Doh!
Yeah saw that. Not betting $240 on getting The right shoes. No way to contact them it seems either

And now looks fixed

Last edited:
Week 2 of the season...

No new 2021 orange jersey, white jersey, or green jersey on adidas website, AllCanes, CanesWear, UM Bookstore, or Fanatics.

adidas drops "Reverse Retro" jerseys for 2021. Miami is conspicuous by its absence.

Six long years left on this contract, boys...
Why wait the 6 years tho? Other schools have left their adidas contracts early I believe (Michigan, Tennessee, iirc). Would behoove us to do the same and explore our options. Yes, I like our current adidas player jerseysā€¦however the fan apparel is beyond trash. MAKE. THE. SWITCH. BACK. TO. NIKE

Why wait the 6 years tho? Other schools have left their adidas contracts early I believe (Michigan, Tennessee, iirc). Would behoove us to do the same and explore our options. Yes, I like our current adidas player jerseysā€¦however the fan apparel is beyond trash. MAKE. THE. SWITCH. BACK. TO. NIKE
Wish Jordan would pick us upā€¦

Advertisement
Advertisement
FBD0a6qXIA07Zne

Advertisement
Back