New light and dark styles activated for everyone

My only feedback on the UI/UX is the difficulty in getting to the hidden menus under each header item (ex. Feeds, Forums, etc...). The small chevron takes too much precision to hover exactly to get the menu to popup. I'd expect to just click the word Forums and have the menu display.

Advertisement
My only feedback on the UI/UX is the difficulty in getting to the hidden menus under each header item (ex. Feeds, Forums, etc...). The small chevron takes too much precision to hover exactly to get the menu to popup. I'd expect to just click the word Forums and have the menu display.
That is actually a good point and gives me something to think about.

Got it, on desktop it is the same but on mobile it follows more of a card format and there is no difference between the background of the post and the background of user info.

New versions are starting to look better on the desktop, actually.
Mobile still needs some work.

Advertisement
That is actually a good point and gives me something to think about.
Maybe I am ******** something up but I liked the old format in that I could click "new posts" and it would show me all threads, regardless of forum, that had the most recent activity.

Now if I click forums there is not direct button for that and instead I would need to open different threads individually.

The feed button works fine but again if I am in the "thread" portion, it will update with an orange dot if there is a post I have not yet read, but the threads stay in the order they were posted chronologically, i.e. the most recent thread is always at the top even if it is not the most recently updated.

If I instead go to posts portion of the feed, I get more of what I am looking for, whatever thread is going off is at the top of the list but when I click on the thread it brings me to the first page and I need to go find where I left off.

Advertisement
I was busting your balls the last update but I do like the new dark. The profile pics look bright and alive--not that dingy look. Font and everything looks smooth and tidy--like a nice fitting pair of tighty-whiteys.

1646082534563.png

Advertisement
I would use new dark but I couldn’t figure out if there’s a lighting bolt like dark old? That brings me back to most recent threads. I could only see trending in dark new

Advertisement
Andrew, awesome change.
I LOVE the dark with orange highlights.
The page pops and is so easy on the eyes. Fantastic job.
Congratulations on a winner.
Count me in the plus category after this change.
Thanks.

Advertisement
Back