New light and dark styles activated for everyone

Advertisement
Thanks. What is the default font for the old and new and where does one go to change them? I wasn't aware we could.
You can't change it. The default is the first in the list I posted above. If you don't have the first font then it goes to the second font. Outside of the added mac fonts, the fonts are the same for posts. There are differences in the navigation bar and elsewhere.

Works well enough I think. FYI you're missing margin/padding between post 1 and 2.
Thanks, it looks like it is there when you don't have ads. I will see why there appears to be a problem with ads.

You can't change it. The default is the first in the list I posted above. If you don't have the first font then it goes to the second font. Outside of the added mac fonts, the fonts are the same for posts. There are differences in the navigation bar and elsewhere.

Well, then change the default fonts so they are the same for all versions!

Advertisement
Outside of honoring some mac font selections, they are in the same order. Is it the font of posts that bothers you or other font?

Posts. There seems to be some other missing info, like last person to post in a thread, etc, maybe some other stuff. I dunno, not really into taking a deep dive. I don't think taking info away is appealing. Also you have to take an extra step to see some info by clicking on your name now. No one wants to do harder.

Advertisement
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Advertisement
The original CIS theme looks like the WEZ, isn't responsive, and lacks many of the features this board uses. Change is hard and we wanted to go with something more modern and something more simple. There are other things planned that you should be seeing over the next month. For no you can continue to use the old styles but I recommend you PM me with any suggestions as I can't guarantee the old styles will always work correctly.

Advertisement
The original CIS theme looks like the WEZ, isn't responsive, and lacks many of the features this board uses. Change is hard and we wanted to go with something more modern and something more simple. There are other things planned that you should be seeing over the next month. For no you can continue to use the old styles but I recommend you PM me with any suggestions as I can't guarantee the old styles will always work correctly.
I always respect your work @Andrew … everyone here will adjust to however the site looks because we are here for the content. Still waiting for the positive drool emoji.

Light is just too bright and big. Changing the color of the background on the post is optically unappealing. It creates too sharp a contrast.

Light old >>> light (new).

Closer call on dark, because the font changes stand out less against the dark background to my eyes. But I still prefer old. I like easily seeing post counts and reaction scores.

Dark old > dark (new).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back