New light and dark styles activated for everyone

Light is just too bright and big. Changing the color of the background on the post is optically unappealing. It creates too sharp a contrast.

Light old >>> light (new).

Closer call on dark, because the font changes stand out less against the dark background to my eyes. But I still prefer old. I like easily seeing post counts and reaction scores.

Dark old > dark (new).
Light old and Light posts both have a background of #fefefe. The only colors that are lighter on Light vs Light old are the background of quotes and the background of the area where the username and avatar appears. There is also less borders throughout which may make a post appear lighter.

Advertisement
Youre The Best GIF by Rhino Records

Light old and Light posts both have a background of #fefefe. The only colors that are lighter on Light vs Light old are the background of quotes and the background of the area where the username and avatar appears. There is also less borders throughout which may make a post appear lighter.

These are big differences considering: (1) every new post includes that natural spacing of the username and avatar; and (2) how often people utilize the quote feature. Having the slightly different background to break up those posts makes it much more readable to me (especially on a mobile device).

These are big differences considering: (1) every new post includes that natural spacing of the username and avatar; and (2) how often people utilize the quote feature. Having the slightly different background to break up those posts makes it much more readable to me (especially on a mobile device).
Left is "Light old" and right is "Light" (User info area only).
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 7.48.38 PM.png

I like old version mainly because of the boarders and boxed in slightly grey areas (quotes, likes, username area etc) which make the light version a little less stark. Its just easier on the eyes that way. Also appreciate message count/join date actively showing in old version.

Advertisement
Ok, now Light is the same same colors as Light old. Though I think modern web follows more subtle changes, The difference is very little.

I like old version mainly because of the boarders and boxed in slightly grey areas (quotes, likes, username area etc) which make the light version a little less stark. Its just easier on the eyes that way. Also appreciate message count/join date actively showing in old version.
You should try the dark version.

I was a light old guy all the way until the site auto swapped today. Something about light new doesn't work for me for some reason. I think the lack of borders gives a too zoomed in look for me or something on mobile, much prefer dark new instead.

As far as changes, I would say I would enjoy the font being a brighter white on topics that have unread/new posts on the new dark theme. To me, the color on the main board screen somewhat blends in with topics where I've already read the latest posts. In some fashion, have a more distinct separation between read/unread in that dark new theme. Perhaps make read topics a darker gray color alternatively

I was a light old guy all the way until the site auto swapped today. Something about light new doesn't work for me for some reason. I think the lack of borders gives a too zoomed in look for me or something on mobile, much prefer dark new instead.

As far as changes, I would say I would enjoy the font being a brighter white on topics that have unread/new posts on the new dark theme. To me, the color on the main board screen somewhat blends in with topics where I've already read the latest posts. In some fashion, have a more distinct separation between read/unread in that dark new theme.
On the new styles there will be a dot to the left of topics with new posts. The font will also be folder but that no longer is the only indicator.

Advertisement
Ok, now Light is the same same colors as Light old. Though I think modern web follows more subtle changes, The difference is very little.
To my eyes, this is better, but I'd also change the background in the user info area.

On the new styles there will be a dot to the left of topics with new posts. The font will also be folder but that no longer is the only indicator.
So this dot and bolding color will be added later?
Do not currently see next to "coaching changes" for example

9C02CA47-CDC8-4D64-B5FB-1447FFC3CE4C.png

Advertisement
You are using the Dark old. You need to switch to Dark to see the dot.
Sorry, see it now. Was swapping around looking at different views to check the color difference in read/unread and other views. See dot now. That'll do. Dark new is the new wave for this guy then

I did. The only color that is different i the page background and the new style has a slightly darker background.

You sure? The user info area looks lighter in the new version (at least on my phone)...

Light new:

Screenshot_20220227-204410_Samsung Internet.jpg

Light old:
Screenshot_20220227-204349_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back