New Ivins Update

lf26soda

Junior
Wouldn’t be surprised if Jabari Ishmael picks the canes. Staff pushed for his commit cause “spots are tight”. Thomas Davis would still be a take if Ishmael commits. He could also move up his august 24 commitment date. Odd man our would be Sebastian sagar.

Staff is going to push for Jason Marshall till the end (like avante Williams). Looking for another cornerback. Main guys are duce chestnut and Markevious brown. Ivins said he would give a slight edge to Brown in regards to who he thinks is more likely to commit.

Staff is pushing to keep Laurence Seymore from schools like penn state and Florida. Says smoke is real with Borregales to unc but Andy knows he can come in as a freshman.

Miami continues to recruit Amari Daniels and Brashard smith. Miami leads for smith and are in the top 2-3 with Daniels. Both are looking to commit soon. Also pointed out Yul Brown is still an option. Says staff are recruiting him hard. Not looking to make a decision soon

Advertisement
I understand not rushing to be committed to a school but waiting is what's going to keep Yul out of this class. Would've been cool to have him.

Advertisement
That whole article is this or that or maybe or could be or options open etc... blah blah blah. Nothing definitive. Click bait article to continue to rob people of $9 a month or whatever they pay.
"I wouldn't be surprised if Ishmael picks Miami.."

Really AI I wonder what gave it away? Lol.

And Markevious Brown isn't a "slight" edge as to who is most likely to commit, the staff wants him as the last CB in this class, obviously they're going to keep chipping away at Marshall but he's going to Bama as of now & our next best option is Brown. They'd only make a hard push for Chestnut if they missed on Brown.

I understand what Ivins job is, but he makes it more glaringly obvious every time that his sources within the program are not as strong as they used to be during the Richt tenure.

He tip-toes too much & I don't expect him to be overly bold & make a bunch of predictions without credible info, but if he doesn't know something he should just say, "no new updates as of now".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn’t like the “smoke is real with Borregales to unc”. Kicker is *very* important. Ask bama how many games a kicker has cost them. And look at our season last year- would have won 2-3 more games with a good kicker

Advertisement
“Gotta”? I disagree. Honestly at this point with the way we are rolling Id rather shut it down at DE after Ishmael and use that 2nd spot elsewhere. We have much bigger needs. Edge is the most loaded spot on the **** team.
I agree, Not to mention this kid is a little under sized and has never visited campus to my knowledge just a decommit waiting to happen to us.

“Gotta”? I disagree. Honestly at this point with the way we are rolling Id rather shut it down at DE after Ishmael and use that 2nd spot elsewhere. We have much bigger needs. Edge is the most loaded spot on the **** team.
I forgot about Chantz. We’ll just be down 2 this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back