New "football agent" policy

That's a term loosely taken from health care law and applied broadly to university policy. Would be curious to see if they actually thought through exceptions and applicability or just tossed this out as an attempt to show proactivity in future investigation and enforcement scenarios. Not sure how they'd even enforce this well, so I'm inclined to go with the latter ("for show").

Advertisement
Well Peter, it looks like manny has finally figured out just what a poison mehlki had become to the program. For any that arent aware when yall constantly get heated at kids for leaving early knowing they got no business doing so & is detrimental to their future, its Pete's boss mehlki convincing them hes getting them in early rounds when he knows hes not. Aka trajan bandy & co. Here told trajan **** be no worse than early 3rd. At absolute best trajan is a 5th rounder & that's not likely either

Well Peter, it looks like manny has finally figured out just what a poison mehlki had become to the program. For any that arent aware when yall constantly get heated at kids for leaving early knowing they got no business doing so & is detrimental to their future, its Pete's boss mehlki convincing them hes getting them in early rounds when he knows hes not. Aka trajan bandy & co. Here told trajan **** be no worse than early 3rd. At absolute best trajan is a 5th rounder & that's not likely either
But why do they believe it? Doesn't Miami have legitimate NFL people give them realistic evaluations before they decide?

Counter intuitive, they keep putting more restrictions in place which hurt the student-athlete more than helping. There's no state legal issue at play so this is not going to deter agents from reaching out to players. Instead there should be more open communication between agents, the department and the players so that information and advice is more readily available. This will be my second year in a row with a UM player and I'm not able to even be inside at pro day to work for my client and talk to scouts there. Their reasoning is that they don't want us around the underclassmen. What happened last year instead was a bunch of agents hanging out in the parking lots talking to players as they were going in and out of the building and compliance had no idea rather than just keeping us all inside in a designated section.
Yes & no. Only reason hes trying to do that is to scare kids away from mehlki. For the most part hes the only issue that this policy addresses. Everyone else keeps at a decent distance. Mehlki is aggressive with these kids.

But why do they believe it? Doesn't Miami have legitimate NFL people give them realistic evaluations before they decide?
Yes. But we all know kids & their egos. They wanna believe that smoke. For them it's not about the negative feedback and in most cases reality. Urs anot the people tooting their horn instead.

Advertisement
Man, at some point, you have to be aware enough to get the right people around you and at least ask more questions. I can understand HS kids being totally lost in the recruiting process. I can understand some of these college kids being torn between what FRM (or any agent) tells them and what the staff tells them. So, as a 20-23 year old, even though you're not completely experienced and have polished decision-making, you have to be minimally self-aware enough to know an agent has his own hustle to gas you up.

Plus, let's not forget they have yearly examples of friends and peers who've left and been burned. So, while I'm in no way here to support or defend Pete or FRM folks (I have no relationship with them or even know any of them personally), the kids have to own some of the accountability, too. It comes down to their inaccurate self-perception and egos combined with - and this isn't for all of them - a weak support system. The Bandy case is brutal because I think everyone agrees with your draft projection. Hope he gets lucky and works himself into a franchise somehow.

Advertisement
It’s not just Arena Football League Management that did this. There’s some big time agents who wanted to make a quick buck who should have told three UM players to stay on the team instead of turning pro after their junior year.

They’re all out of the league now or their draft status was lower than a kid from Pop Warner.
In the past this rule wouldve directly been implemented to address drew his family & jason Katz. Now this is all about mehlki. It hurts the kids who are doing it right. But manny is right for this one in my opinion (once he tinker's with it some) the big time agencies for the most part dont even bother with our program anymore.

Advertisement
Counter intuitive, they keep putting more restrictions in place which hurt the student-athlete more than helping. There's no state legal issue at play so this is not going to deter agents from reaching out to players. Instead there should be more open communication between agents, the department and the players so that information and advice is more readily available. This will be my second year in a row with a UM player and I'm not able to even be inside at pro day to work for my client and talk to scouts there. Their reasoning is that they don't want us around the underclassmen. What happened last year instead was a bunch of agents hanging out in the parking lots talking to players as they were going in and out of the building and compliance had no idea rather than just keeping us all inside in a designated section.
That's because our compliance is ran by gayturds and manny is just reacting rather than taking his time and implementing a rule with proper structure. I cant disagree with the rule but hes gotta tinker with it to address the kids and agents doing it the right way. That parking lot was Drew's stomping ground for atleast 10 years. Lol

Yes & no. Only reason hes trying to do that is to scare kids away from mehlki. For the most part hes the only issue that this policy addresses. Everyone else keeps at a decent distance. Mehlki is aggressive with these kids.
We have legit years of proof with kids leaving early because these Jack *** agents sell them the world of 1st or 2nd day contracts! Yet, they go in the 6th/7th round or most often undrafted and have to fight to a roster/practice squad spot because most teams see these dudes and fringe players who they don’t have room to time to develop

strike while the iron is hot... if you led the nation in INTS or sacks **** yeah I say go for it! But if you came off a disappointing JR year and not a freak-azoid athletically your ruining your best lotto ticket you’ll ever have a shot for!

Advertisement
That's because our compliance is ran by gayturds and manny is just reacting rather than taking his time and implementing a rule with proper structure. I cant disagree with the rule but hes gotta tinker with it to address the kids and agents doing it the right way. That parking lot was Drew's stomping ground for atleast 10 years. Lol

Agreed but the situation called for swift action. Hopefully it is tweaked to allow good dudes like Austin give kids advice.

Makes sense, hopefully in the future they can figure out something to better benefit the kids while still maintaining control and a watchful eye

Advertisement
Back