New DT Offer In NY

One observation: all our DT targets and commits seem to be about 6’4 280. Music to my ears. At 6’4 they can add 20 pounds without having to add too much fat and can be versatile like Willis this year who we have moved to end at times.

Should help in the future now when the board evaluates prospects that Simpson definelty has a type he looks for for

Advertisement
Like the pattern of offers. Looks like coach Simpson is looking for guys in the young Gerald Willis mold. Willis was a 4*/5* 260+ DE with burst coming out of Edna Karr. This guy and Blissett look close to that in stature/movement
It’s a smart move. There was a study posted on here a while back (maybe Lance Roffers posted it?) about how the largest percentage of stud DT’s were the kind who had the explosiveness but needed to add weight.

Those dudes around 6’4” 260 lb. Dudes in RJ McIntosh mold and why Ingraham is a big loss since he’s the epitome of this.

I like offering kids not in South Florida.

South Florida kids are not players that you should sellout for because they are sellouts to SEC programs.

Truth is, offering kids from NJ/NY is great. Problem Golden had was he offered a bunch of weak white kids from NJ area like that Safety from Delaware from the video, Gordinier and Dorito's nephew.

Advertisement
I'm from NY too. Being top 5 in NY doesn't mean ****. Why didn't they get scholarships and their mom an apartment at Don Bosco or Bergen Catholic they were actually good? Those offers are alleged. That is what the kid told Rivals. We don't know if he really got the offer or if they are even commitable. I am fine with taking kids from NY and NJ etc., but these kids are not elite.

What the **** are you talking about??

Big 10 schools especially Pedo St, the ****eyes and fake UM recruit the Northeast, Michigan and Ohio for lineman so getting 3 that good chance would've committed to any of those 3 schools is big I don't give a **** what anybody says

I like offering kids not in South Florida.

South Florida kids are not players that you should sellout for because they are sellouts to SEC programs.

Truth is, offering kids from NJ/NY is great. Problem Golden had was he offered a bunch of weak white kids from NJ area like that Safety from Delaware from the video, Gordinier and Dorito's nephew.
As long as we are plucking top talent idc

Advertisement
I still really don’t get why we don’t poach some of Wisconsin’s olinemen

It's **** near impossible to pull those big ole farm boys out of the diary state for good reason.

big-1364797860d.jpg

You would be hard pressed to find 6ft'rs in south Florida.

Go Canes

****. On the surface I see where doubters are *****ing. But those feet and quickness on a big man......

Sapp was a TE mane

Advertisement
What the **** are you talking about??

WTF are you talking about? If you are a good football player from NY you go play for one of the jersey catholic schools. That is 99% of the time the case. Every kid I knew that was good at football had Bergen Catholic, Don Bosco, St Peters Prep, etc. giving them scholarships and moving their moms into an apartment near campus. Maybe one of these NY kids pans out, but we are offering multiple ones in the same class? 0 chance they all turn out good enough to play for Miami.

WTF are you talking about? If you are a good football player from NY you go play for one of the jersey catholic schools. That is 99% of the time the case. Every kid I knew that was good at football had Bergen Catholic, Don Bosco, St Peters Prep, etc. giving them scholarships and moving their moms into an apartment near campus. Maybe one of these NY kids pans out, but we are offering multiple ones in the same class? 0 chance they all turn out good enough to play for Miami.

ZERO chance? WTF are you talking about. Of course there's a chance

Advertisement
Richt went to ALL PROSPECTS > Sorted by Lock % and is starting to pluck some of those players without scholarship offers with 17% Lock.

I see you Richt.

I do it too.

(When I'm playing as a MAC school)

You just made me wanna pull out NCAA 14. HAHAHAHA

It’s a smart move. There was a study posted on here a while back (maybe Lance Roffers posted it?) about how the largest percentage of stud DT’s were the kind who had the explosiveness but needed to add weight.

Correct. Generally, the type you want is the 6-3 or 6-4, 255-260 pound guys who are explosive in the short shuttle especially. Quick movement skills from big guys tend to correlate very well.

I'll have an athleticism series coming either for the early signing period, or the February signing day, however they want me to release it.

Saw him play basketball last year. Thought he moved well and was a physical player. Definitely a football player playing basketball, not real skilled.

Advertisement
Back