2023 New DL offer Samu Taumanupepe

Advertisement
My highlights from Samu's interview on Scoop on the U.

1. Currently 6'3" 370. Says his ideal playing weight is 350.
  2. Coach Wright is recruiting him for UM, along with Coach Joe. Coach Wright recruited him while he coached in Texas. They've got the A-Team on this recruitment unlike another 4* Texas DL Enow Etta.
  3. Not surprised by the offer but surprised when it came (right before hit committed).
  4. Likes Oregon because "There's nothing to do and they have a bunch of Samoans." Likes a place with nothing to do because he's focused on his business.
  5. Doesn't have time for vacation. Gets up at 6AM and works out every day during the summer to get better.
  6. Has UT offer but Arch doesn't make any impact on his recruitment. He's on D and Arch "can't do anything for me" on D.
This man was all about business and very team focused. Its too bad he didn't have a camera, because I strongly suspect there was absolutely no sunshine on his side of the lens.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I smell some Oregon Tears in the making

:xvfmlqq:
IDK about that. He's looking for a place with nothing to do so he can be focused on his training and getting better.

1658272099887.png

His interview was just like his 247 profile image. Absolutely no sunshine. None at all. Could care less about himself. Focused on his team and teammates.

As Trob said while he was still here; (im paraphrasing) theres only so many big, athletic, humans on this planet. And, we still need a 0/1 NT.
We' don't have the JV team on this unlike Enow Etta. Wright and Coach Joe are his lead recruiters so they must like him a lot and think they've got a shot. Coach Joe has already closed on several other Samoan lineman. Pretty clear that he felt the offer came in late even though Wright has recruited him for a bit so they have a huge hill to climb.

As Trob said while he was still here; (im paraphrasing) theres only so many big, athletic, humans on this planet. And, we still need a 0/1 NT.
And there are very few with his work ethic. I know he has UT and Oregon offers and has visited 8&4, but so far, his recruitment is under the radar.

From out of Atascocita (North of Houston)

Kid is pure 0-Tech NT, stout Bowling ball that plays with low pad level & is a 2-gap run stuffer.

Is likely committing to Oregon later this month with Tony Tuioti who used to coach at Hawaii (where’s he from & played), Cal & Nebraska, he got hired at Oregon by Lanning to basically fulfill the same role that Salave’a had lol.

How is this juggernaut a three star? His speed is deceiving...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
My highlights from Samu's interview on Scoop on the U.

1. Currently 6'3" 370. Says his ideal playing weight is 350.
  2. Coach Wright is recruiting him for UM, along with Coach Joe. Coach Wright recruited him while he coached in Texas. They've got the A-Team on this recruitment unlike another 4* Texas DL Enow Etta.
  3. Not surprised by the offer but surprised when it came (right before hit committed).
  4. Likes Oregon because "There's nothing to do and they have a bunch of Samoans." Likes a place with nothing to do because he's focused on his business.
  5. Doesn't have time for vacation. Gets up at 6AM and works out every day during the summer to get better.
  6. Has UT offer but Arch doesn't make any impact on his recruitment. He's on D and Arch "can't do anything for me" on D.
This man was all about business and very team focused. Its too bad he didn't have a camera, because I strongly suspect there was absolutely no sunshine on his side of the lens.

This bothers me a bit.

Like, if you're focused on business -- you're focused on business. It shouldn't matter how many distractions are around you.

Maybe he knows himself and knows the allure shiny things do to him, but man, part of being mentally tough is being able to block out temptation.

Anyway,, there ain't sh*t to do in Miami either if you ain't got no money.

Advertisement
Back