New Depth Chart Out

Advertisement
Can anyone - anyone - realistically say that they're more worried about this trio now than they were at the start of the season:

Green
Highsmiff
Rodgers

???

I'm much less worried. Almost not worried at all about them.

And that blows my friggin mind.

Can anyone - anyone - realistically say that they're more worried about this trio now than they were at the start of the season:

Green
Highsmiff
Rodgers

???

I'm much less worried. Almost not worried at all about them.

And that blows my friggin mind.

Golden and his staff are developing these guys. They finally got with the program.

Kacy Rodgers has looked serviceable at S. that is a huge jump from last year (pathetic)

He is turning the corner. 6'2-210lbs . lean and mean.. Running sub 4.45.. passes the eye test... One slight problem though, he is not a football player. Again, wtf are we crowning these players that have no business starting for us.. Might be a 6th round pick doe if he learns how to tackle and take better angles.

Advertisement
I have this strange feeling that Green is going to come up big against GT and their option crap.

why is it strange brah?

222.gif

Spook. Go kick rocks.

In this thread, we're celebrating players who are exceeding expectations.

Even if those expectations were abysmally low. No one's crowning those guys.

We're saying they haven't been massive liabilities, as they were last year. At this point, that's irrefutable.

Last edited:
Kacy Rodgers has looked serviceable at S. that is a huge jump from last year (pathetic)

He is turning the corner. 6'2-210lbs . lean and mean.. Running sub 4.45.. passes the eye test... One slight problem though, he is not a football player. Again, wtf are we crowning these players that have no business starting for us.. Might be a 6th round pick doe if he learns how to tackle and take better angles.

Sure looks like a football player this year.
If he really runs a sub 4.45 40 time at the combine he'll be picked a lot higher than the 6th round.
How many 220lb safeties do you think there are in the NFL that have sub 4.5 speed?
I'm thinking none right now.

Spook. Go kick rocks.

We're saying they haven't been massive liabilities, as they were last year. At this point, that's irrefutable.

Its only two games bra...lol... Good lawd... this is getting out of hands.. These players are doing what they are supposed to be doing the last 4 years and and now we are saying how good they are or how they turned the corner etc,... i feel like a doucher now since im hating on my fellow canes players.. All i am saying, is that i want to see the best players get the most reps in our games.. that's it... LOL- at your comment... it made laugh.."Spook. Go kick rocks."

Advertisement
this really would be a great game to get a younger, more dynamic player returning punts. Let him get the nerves and mistakes out of the way against a woeful opponent.

It would be especially good to try a guy like Coley, as it would likely help the confidence issues that arose the first game.

was there ever an update on Scott ?

They said a month that was about two weeks ago

Golden from today (September 16) as per Sunsentinel:

Golden said that wide receiver Rashawn Scott (shoulder) and offensive lineman Danny Isidora (foot) could return around the time of Miami's matchup with North Carolina on Oct. 17, but he said that time frame could be as early as the Georgia Tech game (Oct. 5).

Golden added that safety Deon Bush (hernia) continues improving.

"We'll see where he is today," Golden said. "He was really good early last week, and was a little sore Thursday. We'll see how he came back on film today. I think he was better...clearly, he's a guy that has a lot of experience and we'd like to see him come back and help us."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Spook. Go kick rocks.

This. Rodgers has earned his scholly this year.

Its only two games bra...lol... Good lawd... this is getting out of hands.. These players are doing what they are supposed to be doing the last 4 years and and now we are saying how good they are or how they turned the corner etc,... i feel like a doucher now since im hating on my fellow canes players.. All i am saying, is that i want to see the best players get the most reps in our games.. that's it... LOL- at your comment... it made laugh.."Spook. Go kick rocks."

You speak much truth, but much fluff.

Yes, it's only been two games, but one of them was the biggest game on the slate.

Also, since when is every player supposed to be a four-year powerhouse? It's sad commentary on the past state of our program that we had to rely on some of these guys when they were clearly not ready. Maybe now, their final year, they're ready to be productive, solid pieces. That's fine. All programs need those guys. No need to bust their balls over the past.

Besides, AQM is getting snaps. McCord is getting snaps. Jenkins is getting snaps. Burns looks like he's about to get some burn. Coley will probably be getting the chance to hang into the ball again soon. The staff has clearly shown that if you're ready, you're ready.

I dig your enthusiasm for winning. I just think it's misplaced here.

Advertisement
Spook. Go kick rocks.

The best players are getting the most reps in the games. The most talented players on the roster aren't ready yet if they aren't getting the most reps. It's not rocket science bra.

Miami beats UF and still the tards come out in full force. If Golden plays those best players you speak of and they give up a TD against UF you would be the first person calling for Goldens head. Talent has to earn their way on the team. You could be the most talented player there ever was but if you are the weakest link because you're not ready then it means exactly jackshyt.

You'd think you would have figured that out by now Randy. How's Arkansas treating you?

anybody who still has a problem with Shayon Green starting doesnt know wtf they are talking about.

I stopped reading when porters began quoting Disney movies to bolster their arguments.
Smdh

Advertisement
Back