Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
How many here are making such a fuss about Guidry’s DUI’s never got drunk as a teenager? I did. The only difference is he got caught and they didn’t.
Did they get DUIs in three different decades clearly never learning from the prior one? I haven't "made a fuss", but to compare getting drunk as a teenager to what he's done is like comparing smoking a joint to shooting up twenty years later. He didn't get an Underage Drinking charge, he DUIs three different times and only one was "as a teenager".

How many here are making such a fuss about Guidry’s DUI’s never got drunk as a teenager? I did. The only difference is he got caught and they didn’t.

Agreed.

Not only that, but some of these same people were stomping their feet for Mario to hire Frost, in spite of Frost's RECENT issues.

The only thing that bothers me is the repetition, but clearly that third DUI came at a rough time in his life and he has not had repeats since then. If you go back and look at the dates, his first DUI came around the time when he was young (18-19) and his son was born. The third one came when his son was struggling with a lot of issues. And I'd bet big money that the second one coincided with marital issues, as he split up with his first wife.

Ideal? No. Understandable and explainable? Very possible, though I wasn't in the interview.

maybe I missed it but who did you think it was and how soon is Strong gone
I wasn’t positive on the names , I was just told it would be In the next 24 hours Monday night. I assumed Campanelli since I knew we had been in contact with him. Maybe the interest was at co dc / Lb coach or maybe one side passed. I just know there was contact.

Advertisement
I think the issue that you aren't seeing here is that Miami isn't as an attractive job as we like to portray it to be on CIS. Miami hasn't won 60% of their games since they've joined the ACC, and have only finished ranked 6 times. We've not been bowl eligible 5 of those years and have only won 3 bowl games and 2 of them were under Coker.

So while I don't think this is the worlds greatest DC, I also don't believe that established p5 coordinators, who are having success at programs that have been better than us in the recent years, are chomping at the bit to take this job.
Probably true to some extent. I like this guys passion. Seems like a dude players will like. Hopefully that translated on the field.

I still think miami is a great job even after all these years. Im a believer in make people say no.

I just wanted to throw in my two cents on how I feel about this hire.

tumblr_lvgm1whNKs1qdlkgg540.gif
bill.gif
biddly_bobbity.gif
snoop-dogg-rap (1).gif
happy-dancing.gif

Okay, carry on.

I don’t know a person who has ever had alcohol that hasn’t taken penitentiary chances in they life. Especially guys… before age 30 we’re all invincible right? Lol

Advertisement
I wasn’t positive on the names , I was just told it would be In the next 24 hours Monday night. I assumed Campanelli since I knew we had been in contact with him. Maybe the interest was at co dc / Lb coach or maybe one side passed. I just know there was contact.

It's not a big deal. I know you feel like you have to defend yourself and I have messed with you at times. Nobody hits on everything one hundred percent. We appreciate the information you share with us.

It's not a big deal. I know you feel like you have to defend yourself and I have messed with you at times. Nobody hits on everything one hundred percent. We appreciate the information you share with us.
Just being real , I knew it was Tuesday but didn’t know the name. I worked a twelve hour day yesterday so that nugget I shared was pretty good all things considered lol.

His last one he was back home in Louisiana on a Friday night, scouting some HS football, met up with some old buddies at a hotel bar, had a few drinks, hugged it out & went on his merry way. What copper gives a DUI for a .12? It's Louisiana on a Friday night. What else should his BAC be? That's called responsibly buzzed sir. Make him park it & call a cab.

Just being real , I knew it was Tuesday but didn’t know the name. I worked a twelve hour day yesterday so that nugget I shared was pretty good all things considered lol.

Heck yeah man. I was happy it was going to be somebody and thankful you shared that info with us peasants (random fans), lol. Hopefully Mario makes another good decision with the OC.

Advertisement
Did they get DUIs in three different decades clearly never learning from the prior one? I haven't "made a fuss", but to compare getting drunk as a teenager to what he's done is like comparing smoking a joint to shooting up twenty years later. He didn't get an Underage Drinking charge, he DUIs three different times and only one was "as a teenager".
It's done and over with... Life goes on... People grow no matter the age...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back