Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
wow i stepped away from the thread for a couple hours and it went from excitement about the hire / researching his coaching accolades ...

to posts about his son who clearly had CTE and his DUI's.

The internet doesn't miss i guess. Someone @ me when we get back to talking football.
Well to be fair the DUI part is relevant because with his success it was questioned why he didn’t get a shot sooner

Seems to be the answer he just had to overcome some baggage

No you called him Marshall’s leftovers. You don’t know squat about him while 2 of our most respected football posters do. You had zero basis for it. You were just being miserable to **** on it. That’s the problem with what you’re doing.
And he didn't even do that right. He wasn't Marshall's leftovers - he was Tulane's (NY6 Bowl, top 10 end-of-season ranking - yeah, that Tulane) steak dinner.

Advertisement
Even the most elite play callers had to start somewhere. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Venables had no play-calling experience before taking the DC job at Oklahoma.

Aranda was at Utah State before taking the Wisconsin and LSU jobs.

I just named two of the most highly regarded DC's in college football, and this board would've shunned both of them.

Guidry has an actual body of work.
What’s your take on his body of work and do you think he can translate his success to Miami level?

No you called him Marshall’s leftovers. You don’t know squat about him while 2 of our most respected football posters do. You had zero basis for it. You were just being miserable to **** on it. That’s the problem with what you’re doing.
How isnt he marshalls leftovers?

The best school hes ever coached at is marshall. So yea sounds about right that mario would bring him in after 5-7.

clemson went and got riley. Ole miss took bamas DC. Mario took squidward. Can you not see the difference?

Advertisement
When you find out what he runs, please let @crossover22[]_[] know so he’ll at least be knowledgeable in ****ting on this guy.
please-do-it-raynday-gaming.gif

I like this hire. I’m not an Xs and Os guy but will say his resume at his G5 level was impressive. No P5 experience? So what. Give the man his chance.

I’ll wager almost every successful coach in any sport, successful entrepreneur, and successful business executive got to where they did because someone making a decision took a chance and provided an opportunity.

Now for that OC/QB/WR…

Advertisement
Advertisement
This appears to be a pretty good hire. I'm excited actually to see what Guidry can bring to the defense. We've suffered from very poor tackling, lack of effort and undisciplined play for a few years now. I see those things changing in a big way under Guidry. The stats he's compiled are really solid (regardless of comp & other factors). He's passionate about the game & his formers players seemed to bond with him & be motivated to run through a brick wall for him. We badly needed some fire & intensity on Defense. If he sticks around for a few years (and we continue to recruit at an elite level), we'll be back to de-cleating opponents Vilma-style & knocking the snot out of them in a few years. Welcome to the U, Coach Guidry!

Advertisement
Back