New commit

In terms of the Draft, 5 Star OL's have the worse draft rate out of all the other 5 stars in other positions.

5-Star Recruits by Position*
5-Star Players Draft Rate Retention Rate
Tight Ends 5 100.0% 100.0%
Wide Receivers 32 62.5% 50.0%
Linebacker 23 47.8% 47.8%
Quarterback 24 58.3% 41.7%
Running Back 26 42.3% 38.5%
Offensive Line 29 31.0% 37.9%
Defensive Back 24 66.7% 37.5%
Defensive Line 38 50.0% 34.2%

Advertisement
Offers from ODU, lulz....my sister goes to Old Dominion they suck, UNC dropped 70+ points on them last year. Our recruiting is a freakin' horror show

Alverage Golden is turning us into Temple South

He was also offered by Boston College, so that's a little better. Anyway, what about his actual game makes this pickup a freakin' horror show?
he's just being a ****. I'm sure he didn't even watch his film.

3* always rise in rankings as months go by and "experts" look at them. Will this kid rise? Idk, maybe he blows up at camps and maybe he doesn't but we'll see

People on this board would still be ridiculous if we picked up 5 star players. Our fan base will never be satisfied

What was it the 2004 class when we picked up Rhyan Anderson, Dwayne Hendricks, Andrew Johnson, WW, Charlie Jones, Leggett, James Bryant, etc. That class was overflowing with 4 and 5 star kids. The boards were on cloud 9 with that and the 2008 class. Whether it be a star studded class or a class filled with diamonds in the rough we have not succeeded on the field in the past 10+ years under Coker, Shannon and now to an extent Golden. We have a pretty knowledgeable fan base and in the past more times than not when we question the staff on a commit who is coming here or a local kid who has interest in us but we pass on him, we are usually right. Jabaal Sheard, Ryan Shazier, Gio Bernard, are just a few of the names over the past 4 years who people on these boards were dying to see offered early and our staff failed to do so at all or too late in the process. So it's not like its without reason for our fans to question this staff.

Advertisement
4 and 5 star kids have a much higher probability of success than 2 and 3 star kids do - that is indisputable

but probabilities and certainties are different things, and you should always watch the kid's tape and consider his circumstances & potential before forming an opinion

why dont we let guys play their senior years before we judge?

WOw and finally somebody actually agrees!

I don't get why we are letting kids play because they are seniors that is a poor man's mentality thinking you can recruit 2 and 3 stars develop them
and hope they become all americans you will never become championship caliber. you recruit the top athlete at every position and bring them in...

Times have really change...our classes need to be top heavy with talent.

I am not completely "star" crazy but are we going to get any recruits that have some visible to the naked eye this year? I know we pulled Tracy and Stacy on NSD, but other than that, have we really closed strong?

Advertisement
4 and 5 star kids have a much higher probability of success than 2 and 3 star kids do - that is indisputable

but probabilities and certainties are different things, and you should always watch the kid's tape and consider his circumstances & potential before forming an opinion

Stars may say one thing but the product you put out on the feild NEVER lies

O linemen in the NFL are from all kinds of small schools. This is on position where rankings mean little.

Be patient

That's fair since it's not yet April, but I don't think you can blame the natives for being restless. We have no recruiting momentum right now. We have not closed on enough big targets under this staff. Our last 2 signing days were duds. We are not seeing much development from our project-type players yet. We aren't winning with the current caliber of talent. All we know is the disappointment of being in 5-star player X's Top 5 as a lingering thought, only to either 1. get our hopes up and lose out on him late (e.g. JC Jackson) 2. lead for him all year and lose out on him (e.g. Johnnie Dixon) or 3. getting hyped up over a player we think we had a shot at but really didn't (e.g. Cook). So I think it's fair both ways: people shouldn't jump ship in March, but I think we have reason to be uneasy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
seems to be more the line of a Kehoe type recruit.
He likes these type of lineman. Guys that can put on weight, have a certain type of flexibility, also the kid is from around his PA area maybe ge got a tip on him similar to how we get from guys like Ice on local guys.
Kid doesnt seem strong imo. If he is a tackle he is atleast two years away strength wise from contributing...hes a definate redshirt regardless. He has good feet and can get to the second level. He has a Tyler Horn feel to me....but Horn ultimately played center here...and we just loaded up on that spot in last class so im not sure what spot he can play here...at Tackle he isnt that sure fire prospect imo.

I would like to give this kid more credit but the Talent he plays absolutely sucks. people get so infatuated by the pancakes, which his pancakes looks nothing like Leeward brown pancakes. watch the guys the oline play against. every single d lineman he played against sucked a$$

In terms of the Draft, 5 Star OL's have the worse draft rate out of all the other 5 stars in other positions.

5-Star Recruits by Position*
5-Star Players Draft Rate Retention Rate
Tight Ends 5 100.0% 100.0%
Wide Receivers 32 62.5% 50.0%
Linebacker 23 47.8% 47.8%
Quarterback 24 58.3% 41.7%
Running Back 26 42.3% 38.5%
Offensive Line 29 31.0% 37.9%
Defensive Back 24 66.7% 37.5%
Defensive Line 38 50.0% 34.2%

322.jpg

Advertisement
There are way better OL left on the board, to take this kids commitment this early is a mistake if true, he is more of a plan b/c type. The kid benches 300lbs and squats 400lbs, he will be eaten alive by FSU dline and Va tech. An I won't even discuss those three manchild 4* DT's UVA has landed in the the last 2 years. UM is in a LOS arms race and bringing a twinner knife type to a big boy gun fight is a good way to get fired.

For instance Luke Hiers from Lake Wales, FL is the nations #2 center for 2015 and has been to UM 4 times over the year and was ready to commit back in the fall but the staff told him to wait.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1072608/highlights/54892376

Go Canes

PS FYI what the **** is newJersey.com? I was never a member nor I have I heard of it.

Just STFU you fuggin' moron ! You move from board to board after being kicked off one of them. After your Newjersey.com fiasco anybody with a sane brain would have shut up and stayed low forever. Year after year..after year...after year it's always the same stupidity, trying to sound like an expert when you should be taking your meds. Fuggin' clown !!!!!!!!!!
Remember when you couldn't "reveal your sources" because it would have made them angry ? Huh ? No wonder you were raped by a squirrel.

What the **** are you talking about I have never been kicked off any board. But I can promise your time on this board will short for telling blatant like the one above. Please name 1 board I was kicked off and the reason I was kicked of it, if you can't then you will suffer that fate on this board for braking one of its cardinal rules for posting something that is an overt lie.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Be patient

That's fair since it's not yet April, but I don't think you can blame the natives for being restless. We have no recruiting momentum right now. We have not closed on enough big targets under this staff. Our last 2 signing days were duds. We are not seeing much development from our project-type players yet. We aren't winning with the current caliber of talent. All we know is the disappointment of being in 5-star player X's Top 5 as a lingering thought, only to either 1. get our hopes up and lose out on him late (e.g. JC Jackson) 2. lead for him all year and lose out on him (e.g. Johnnie Dixon) or 3. getting hyped up over a player we think we had a shot at but really didn't (e.g. Cook). So I think it's fair both ways: people shouldn't jump ship in March, but I think we have reason to be uneasy.

i agree with you, its ok to be uneasy but to say its this class is **** this early.......yea.....no, the overall feel from this class from some of the major SoFla recruits is that they are taking their time and taking their early visits, like what gibson is doing, which is smart go out and make sure that they are making the right decision, as fans we hate it, but the kids are doing the right thing taking their time

Advertisement
Back