New commit! (De'Andre Wilder)

Advertisement
I like the pick up. Gives us solid depth and I remember seeing his film before his senior year. He's good.

With this LB class, we'll have a solid 2-deep across the LB core.

Welcome to the U Wilder!

Local 4 star recruit, with a ton of tangibles, that we took away from SEC and yet people b¡tch? Never a dull moment here lmao

Advertisement
Can't teach that official 22.87--200m speed faster than most of our DBs. If an EE he could be like Pickney and McCloud who put on a solid 15+ lbs. for this season. Plays in a tough conference in a tough county.

Hopefully, this helps opens it up for CC people like

Safety Randy Russell - feet and /175 and is a good 200 meter sprinter
Randy Russell - Hudl

Running Back Camron Davis 5-10/195 and is a very good 100 meter sprinter
Camron Davis - Hudl

Running Back Nayquan Wright 5-10/185 another very good 100 meter sprinter
Nayquan Wright - Hudl

LB Yasir Abdullah 6-2/200 who is in the 21s at 200m and a 100m in 10.75 incredible for a LB.
Yasir Abdullah - Hudl

Last edited:
Local 4 star recruit, with a ton of tangibles, that we took away from SEC and yet people b¡tch? Never a dull moment here lmao

Im sure other places have him ranked as a 4 star. 247 has him as a three star. 247 is on point most of the time IMO.

deandre.jpg

Advertisement

Im sure other places have him ranked as a 4 star. 247 has him as a three star. 247 is on point most of the time IMO.

View attachment 39969

This fanbase sometimes. Some of you are the most miserable ***** I've ever come across. Marines midway to their EAS are happier than some of you fvcks.

This is a nice statement after getting our butts handed to us for a month and coming off probation. 2 or 3 $urpri$e$ like this a class and we get well fast.

View attachment 39969

This fanbase sometimes. Some of you are the most miserable ***** I've ever come across. Marines midway to their EAS are happier than some of you fvcks.

Why cause I posted a picture of his rank on 247? Like I said he is probably rank 4 star on other sites. 247 IMO has been one of the more reliable recruiting sites. But thats just my opinion don't get your panties in a bunch.

View attachment 39969

Why cause I posted a picture of his rank on 247? Like I said he is probably rank 4 star on other sites. 247 IMO has been one of the more reliable recruiting sites. But thats just my opinion don't get your panties in a bunch.

The irony coming from someone who's crying about 247 having him as a 3-star so he must be a scrub. fck out of here.

Advertisement

View attachment 39969

The irony coming from someone who's crying about 247 having him as a 3-star so he must be a scrub. fck out of here.

I don't remember saying he was a scrub. Have you watched him play live at all this year? I have and he isn't a scrub. I think he has raw talent that can be built on. I don't think he is a day one starter just needs some time in the weight room and coaching up. He has the ability to succeed at Miami.

Advertisement
This board is funny. If this had been a year ago to date this entire board would have shut down over this commitment. Wilder was the #1 LB on the CIS board a year ago. Now he's a bum. Lol.

Let's see..

Carol city kid? Check

Need position? Check

Good size and speed combo? Check

Can get to the QB at the LB or DE position? Check

Not sure why all the "meh" posts. This is a great pickup.

This. Thank you. Took the words right out of my mouth.

His ability and speed are not the question. I'm sure the staff knows how talented he is and I could understand what their concerns were about his weight, but this is why you develop kids.

He looked much better during his junior and sophomore year when he was playing a Rush LB role. CC had him at DE almost exclusively all season this year, kids frame can't handle that.

They were doing the kid a disservice by sticking him at DE. He's clearly a LB.

While Wilder was good and productive this season for CC. You can clearly see in his senior clips that he was struggling here and there getting off blocks at DE. He doesn't posses the size or strength to be doing that.

For a better gauge of what we're getting. Go watch his sophomore and junior film. You will be much happier. Before they had him stick his hand in the dirt his senior year. Bad move on their part IMO and I think it hurt his stock.

He can be a good one for us if they develop him in the weight room and teach him more of the nuances of pass coverage. I'm not worried about his speed or ability at all. Kid was a take from the get go for me.

I've seen him cover in 7on7 and he was actually pretty good at it this past spring. One thing is 7on7 and another is a live game, it will take some time but I'm confident he will be a good LB here. Think Mannys defense will highlight what he does best, getting downfield.

Last edited:
As for the stars. Please stop with that nonsense.

I guess Bandy & Amari are only as good as 3 stars then right, cause that's what 247 has them at.

Does Pinckney ring a bell? (Always mentioned how underrated he was last year)

Ahmmon used to be a 3 star on most sites. Homer. Dionte was a 4 everywhere and a 3 on 247.

I guess Jon Garvin only as good as a 3 star. Because that's where 247 has him.

****, Nkosi must only be as good as a 3 star too. That's what 247 has him as.

Cut the crap. Rankings get proven wrong a lot at the next level. All about evaluations and fit. I'll trust eyes and word of mouth from coaches before I trust guys who never played the game or even seen majority of these kids play in person.

Advertisement
Back