New commit! (De'Andre Wilder)

Very happy with this linebacker group. From the outset my list was Steed/Wilder/Miller, but i'll take jennings and call it a day.

lets ****in get it. LB position going to be straight savage 2018 season.

Could u imagine whos going to back them up? Going to be a savage core....with randy and golden it was always one guy....spence....then spence was leaving and perryman...then grace.....they were all seperated by two seasons......now u got guys molding together thats the way u do it every position if u want to be back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This board is funny. If this had been a year ago to date this entire board would have shut down over this commitment. Wilder was the #1 LB on the CIS board a year ago. Now he's a bum. Lol.

Let's see..

Carol city kid? Check

Need position? Check

Good size and speed combo? Check

Can get to the QB at the LB or DE position? Check

Not sure why all the "meh" posts. This is a great pickup.

This. Thank you. Took the words right out of my mouth.

His ability and speed are not the question. I'm sure the staff knows how talented he is and I could understand what their concerns were about his weight, but this is why you develop kids.

He looked much better during his junior and sophomore year when he was playing a Rush LB role. CC had him at DE almost exclusively all season this year, kids frame can't handle that.

They were doing the kid a disservice by sticking him at DE. He's clearly a LB.

While Wilder was good and productive this season for CC. You can clearly see in his senior clips that he was struggling here and there getting off blocks at DE. He doesn't posses the size or strength to be doing that.

For a better gauge of what we're getting. Go watch his sophomore and junior film. You will be much happier. Before they had him stick his hand in the dirt his senior year. Bad move on their part IMO and I think it hurt his stock.

He can be a good one for us if they develop him in the weight room and teach him more of the nuances of pass coverage. I'm not worried about his speed or ability at all. Kid was a take from the get go for me.

I've seen him cover in 7on7 and he was actually pretty good at it this past spring. One thing is 7on7 and another is a live game, it will take some time but I'm confident he will be a good LB here. Think Mannys defense will highlight what he does best, getting downfield.

As for the stars. Please stop with that nonsense.

I guess Bandy & Amari are only as good as 3 stars then right, cause that's what 247 has them at.

Does Pinckney ring a bell? (Always mentioned how underrated he was last year)

Ahmmon used to be a 3 star on most sites. Homer. Dionte was a 4 everywhere and a 3 on 247.

I guess Jon Garvin only as good as a 3 star. Because that's where 247 has him.

****, Nkosi must only be as good as a 3 star too. That's what 247 has him as.

Cut the crap. Rankings get proven wrong a lot at the next level. All about evaluations and fit. I'll trust eyes and word of mouth from coaches before I trust guys who never played the game or even seen majority of these kids play in person.

Sorry I didn't mean to down vote. Your post is spot on.

Advertisement
Lamar Jackson was a three *. Focusing on stars rather than actual performance - not highlights - is exactly the kind of short sightedness that plagued earlier staffs.

Steed - Jennings - Wilder behind McCloud - Quarterman - Pinckney if you don't like that then frankly you're a troll. I'm thrilled with the first two levels of our defense. Our defense will be coming at teams in waves of talent and fury.

Advertisement
I've always thought not many people on here know football bit this really settles it for me. Anyone on here who is talking about the deservice done to wilder by playing him at rush end please just shut up & stick to madden. I'll explain in a sec why he was asked to play rush end than go back & look at his previous years highlights & maybe you'll comprehend. In his junior year it became very apparent to colleges that although an elite prospect,he is a very raw position player. He has a nose for the ball that can't be denied. But in years prior that just led him into running into the ballcarrier & in many instances that would lead to knocking them off balance or slowing them down for a gang tackle. He was asked to play rush so that he could learn the importance of using his hands & exploding into the ball carrier. He now consumes rather than collides. In his instance it's important to remember he's not projected to be a significant contributor for at least 2 years. He will be redshirted & that time will be used to get his nutrition right & teach him the little stuff about the game. He'll be a better Jermaine grace by his redshirt Junior year.

I've always thought not many people on here know football bit this really settles it for me. Anyone on here who is talking about the deservice done to wilder by playing him at rush end please just shut up & stick to madden. I'll explain in a sec why he was asked to play rush end than go back & look at his previous years highlights & maybe you'll comprehend. In his junior year it became very apparent to colleges that although an elite prospect,he is a very raw position player. He has a nose for the ball that can't be denied. But in years prior that just led him into running into the ballcarrier & in many instances that would lead to knocking them off balance or slowing them down for a gang tackle. He was asked to play rush so that he could learn the importance of using his hands & exploding into the ball carrier. He now consumes rather than collides. In his instance it's important to remember he's not projected to be a significant contributor for at least 2 years. He will be redshirted & that time will be used to get his nutrition right & teach him the little stuff about the game. He'll be a better Jermaine grace by his redshirt Junior year.

The only part of this post that has me scratching my head is that he wont be fully ready and developed until his RS-Jr year. I sincerely hope not as he will be **** near 23 years old. Since he is already 19 and will be 20 when he hits campus I am hoping his learning curve as well as physical development will only take 2 or 3 years tops.

The only part of this post that has me scratching my head is that he wont be fully ready and developed until his RS-Jr year. I sincerely hope not as he will be **** near 23 years old. Since he is already 19 and will be 20 when he hits campus I am hoping his learning curve as well as physical development will only take 2 or 3 years tops.

He'll be playing by soph year. I'm just going by my opinion though because from everything I've always heard is his metabolism is so fast that weight won't stick on him. Ideally you want him at a confident 225 I'd say. Probably settle for 215

Advertisement

He'll be playing by soph year. I'm just going by my opinion though because from everything I've always heard is his metabolism is so fast that weight won't stick on him. Ideally you want him at a confident 225 I'd say. Probably settle for 215

Bruh.....

you're telling people they don't know football and then say that? Go watch Grace's highschool film again... Grace is a far superior athlete to Wilder, and im not talking size, strength or ever speed. Grace is fluid and sudden in his movement, and FAR more coordinated than Wilder. Although I like the pickup, I am concerned about his overall coordination. In his film it looks like his neck and back were surgically fused. He looks incredible stiff for a dude that has his size and speed. And that lack of athleticism and fluidity in his hips is why I think they just put him at rushend and told him "just get the QB"....

Advertisement
Back