2023 New ‘23 offer - OL Johnathan Cline

Advertisement
My God my heart stopped watching this. Terrible form by the youngman but he is clearly country strong to go that deep and literally power his way back up despite the bad form. Coach Feld will get him sorted out quickly and have him properly squatting over 600lbs year one.

Similar sentiments with his clean

Go Canes

Last edited:
My God my heart stopped watching this. Terrible form by the youngman but he is clearly country strong to go that deep and literally power his way back up despite the bad form. Coach Feld will get him sorted out quickly and have him properly squatting over 600lbs year one.

Similar issues with his clean

Go Canes

That was pretty scary lol.

Advertisement
heavy lifting GIF

Advertisement
Not to be that guy, but how many projects can we afford to take on the line? I guess it depends on the numbers.

I don’t think many people would argue against the fact that Tinilau is a project, potential through the roof but is going to need two+ years probably.

Last edited:
Cline and Emory Williams are definitely 2 evaluations by the staff. This kid definitely has the size/strength. Be interested to see if he can commit this weekend.

His friendship with Sanker is also probably playing a part. Everyone needs to stop worrying about class size. The counter of 25 has been removed for a couple years. The only number that matters is overall roster count of 85

Advertisement

Go Canes

Dude is strong but will herniate a disk before he even gets to college with that squat form. I think my back exploded watching that. Can someone get him a one on one with our strength coach this weekend to discuss proper technique?

Not to be that guy, but how many projects can we afford to take on the line? I guess it depends on the numbers.

I don’t think many people would argue that Tinilau is a project, potential through the roof but is going to need two+ years probably.

They say we have the best ol coaching in America so if that’s true then projects don’t matter now that we have the coaching to get them where they need to be. Oline is the hardest to recruit and project out.

Maybe they are looking for attributes more thank skill with most of these guys. Strength, height, hand size (Kirkland has tiny hands), lateral quickness etc… more like nfl combine style of recruiting

Advertisement
I'm okay with the eval method. Mario might have to go the proof of concept route before more of the higher nationally ranked kids come...and that's fine. OL has always been a hot commodity and that's only increased with the NIL.

I've said all along to allow Mario 1 class to adjust to the NIL landscape and then judge accordingly. '24 class will be the class I'm watching.

Go Canes

More impressed with the high top black Chucks. We played in Low top Chucks my JV year in the latter 70's

I'm okay with the eval method. Mario might have to go the proof of concept route before more of the higher nationally ranked kids come...and that's fine. OL has always been a hot commodity and that's only increased with the NIL.

I've said all along to allow Mario 1 class to adjust to the NIL landscape and then judge accordingly. '24 class will be the class I'm watching.
The thing is...well I personally think it's the truth...we need some more early-impact guys on the line, given our upperclassmen-laden group. We'll keep giving them a chance to develop under Mirabal and Mario, but I think guys like McLaughlin, Chris Washington, maybe even Ryan Rodriguez...too small or not good enough. We need two of Alinen, Sanker, Freeling, Sampson. Kirkland probably isn't on the same tier but he's close behind, need him too.

I don’t think many people would argue against the fact that Tinilau is a project, potential through the roof but is going to need two+ years probably.
They alternate 4-5 stars and 3s, I wouldn't be worried. We will probably take 3 and 3, 6 total.

Advertisement
Back