2023 New ‘23 offer - OL Johnathan Cline

Yeah, that squat clip is horrible. He’s gonna pay for that round age 40. This kid apparently loves the weight room. Get him a college S&C coach like Feld, and his numbers will really take off.
For the love of god if this dude commits, please stop heavy lifting lol take the weight down and get your form right. Dude squatting like the hunch back of ND. My ****tt hurting just thinking about it

Advertisement
My God my heart stopped watching this. Terrible form by the youngman but he is clearly country strong to go that deep and literally power his way back up despite the bad form. Coach Feld will get him sorted out quickly and have him properly squatting over 600lbs year one.

Similar sentiments with his clean

Go Canes

You are not kidding.
Got a hernia watching his form.
Where are his coaches?

Advertisement
Not to be that guy, but how many projects can we afford to take on the line? I guess it depends on the numbers.

I don’t think many people would argue against the fact that Tinilau is a project, potential through the roof but is going to need two+ years probably.
Official counters have been lifted. Stock up

I just love the body types of the tackles we are pursing, the line men overall. There are some shorter players like Tripp and Sanker but they are quick and play interior, but most guys are tall and long arms. To line up with 6'3/6'4 tackles vs lining up with 6'6/6'7 going against DEs like Wayne where they are quick and tall, leverage matters and those inches make a difference. Ask your girl how much those few extra inches really matter.

Advertisement
Per Rivals:

- Hosted by Jalen Rivers and Michael McLaughlin. Said they all hung out and had a "great time"
-“The visit went great, I loved it,” said Cline, who visited with his parents. “Now I’ll sit down with my coach this week, we’ll talk, and after we talk I’ll make a decision.”

-His other finalists are Memphis, East Carolina and Duke. But he never visited Duke officially and says when he makes his announcement “that will be it, I’ll shut it down.”

-Cristobal and Alex Mirabal spent a lot of time with Cline and their message was “just how much of an impact I can make, how I can really help the team become the team they know it can be and how I can really just come in and fight for a spot. Any school that tells me I can start probably tells that to a lot of people. Mirabal was like I’m not going to tell you that you can start, I’ll tell you that you can compete. And I really liked that.”

-the Highlights of the weekend for him: “Definitely the facilities are on point, everything about the actual school part - a Miami degree can get you anywhere in life,” Cline said. “Just seeing what I’d be doing in day-to-day life if I came here, everything the players go through, everything coach (Mario) Cristobal is making…”

NOTE: Cline and Sanker are good friends. They were scheduled to fly home together today but their flight was cancelled this morning. They will spend an extra day together in Miami - not on campus, of course. Cline said Sanker " had a good time and Miami’s one of his top choices.”

Per Rivals:

- Hosted by Jalen Rivers and Michael McLaughlin. Said they all hung out and had a "great time"
-“The visit went great, I loved it,” said Cline, who visited with his parents. “Now I’ll sit down with my coach this week, we’ll talk, and after we talk I’ll make a decision.”

-His other finalists are Memphis, East Carolina and Duke. But he never visited Duke officially and says when he makes his announcement “that will be it, I’ll shut it down.”

-Cristobal and Alex Mirabal spent a lot of time with Cline and their message was “just how much of an impact I can make, how I can really help the team become the team they know it can be and how I can really just come in and fight for a spot. Any school that tells me I can start probably tells that to a lot of people. Mirabal was like I’m not going to tell you that you can start, I’ll tell you that you can compete. And I really liked that.”

-the Highlights of the weekend for him: “Definitely the facilities are on point, everything about the actual school part - a Miami degree can get you anywhere in life,” Cline said. “Just seeing what I’d be doing in day-to-day life if I came here, everything the players go through, everything coach (Mario) Cristobal is making…”

NOTE: Cline and Sanker are good friends. They were scheduled to fly home together today but their flight was cancelled this morning. They will spend an extra day together in Miami - not on campus, of course. Cline said Sanker " had a good time and Miami’s one of his top choices.”
Memphis, Duke, and ECU??? Boy, if don’t go ahead and commit to Miami and take a seat. Smh

Advertisement
Feel like he’s a Plan B type kid tbh

I think he could be, yeah, but we’ll see if he gets an offer. Sometimes the coaches love the film but when they get the kids on an OV/UV, they change their minds after the looking at the kid. It’s happened already in this cycle - coaches loved a kid but passed as soon as they saw him in person.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back