New ‘22 OL offer Bradley Mann

Advertisement
Fact of the matter is we don't know yet in regards to Justice. Big fish aren't jumping in the boat this cycle (yet?), but isn't that the case at the vast majority of programs? Last year's haul was pretty good and he appears to be resourceful (UF transfer, UNLV transfer). Also there was measurable if not significant improvement with last year's OL. So it appears progress is being made.

Posters talking about he too small must never saw Zion Nelson Sr pics...he was of similar stature if not smaller

Advertisement
Don't be confused Coach Justice missed on his big boy 300+ lbs recruits ( ie Williams, Hood, etc)

now he is focusing on the skinnier development type bodies.

Go Canes
You don't know if he missed on Hood yet and Agbo is still out there too. Also his first major target when he took the job was Michael McLaughlin who was listed at 255lb at the time of his commitment. So there does appear to at least be some attention placed on guys who don't need to shed bad weight and have frames where they can be built up my Feeley.

Wasn't thinking straight, hope I'm wrong...hope he signs here and turns into a monster.
How much does a 6'6" OT in P5 need to weigh? Minimum of 300? 320? Seriously. I know there's no set minimum, but a HS junior, already at 260, how much bigger does he need to be? Not arguing, but I'm wondering if another 40-60 lbs. is too much to expect? I don't think either kid, Carswell or Mann, looks that skinny right now. Maybe not yet bulky enough for P5 football, but there 11th graders.

I'm wondering if Feely gets involved in evaluations and wondering if he has the expertise to look at a young man and say whether he has the potential to put on good weight.

I remember looking at Joaquin Gonzalez and thinking how skinny he look as a redshirt freshman freshman OT. He bulked up over his years at UM.

Top 40 is a long way from top couple rounds of the draft.

But mostly, I think they're good at evaluating local prospects and have a great talent base for OL to pick from.

They have competition and run a power run offense so it's a good training ground for OL and attracts them.
I don't follow NFL much, but it seems a lot of the better OLs, or at least solid starting NFL OLs, went to smaller schools. It seems to be one position where kids develop fairly late, after they've started college. I think OL is an area that might be very hard to project and where a lot of young men can develop much later, as they get bigger. I've also seen a lot of bigger names, maybe at least for Florida, come to UM and never do anything. So many of them over the years. Cyrim Wimbs might be one example. There are so many I can even remember some of them.

How much does a 6'6" OT in P5 need to weigh? Minimum of 300? 320? Seriously. I know there's no set minimum, but a HS junior, already at 260, how much bigger does he need to be? Not arguing, but I'm wondering if another 40-60 lbs. is too much to expect? I don't think either kid, Carswell or Mann, looks that skinny right now. Maybe not yet bulky enough for P5 football, but there 11th graders.

I'm wondering if Feely gets involved in evaluations and wondering if he has the expertise to look at a young man and say whether he has the potential to put on good weight.

I remember looking at Joaquin Gonzalez and thinking how skinny he look as a redshirt freshman freshman OT. He bulked up over his years at UM.
305-325 seems to be more than adequate for a tackle as long as they maintain their athleticism & lateral agility. A high school tackle prospect at 260 is fine as long as you have some semblance at depth at the position currently.

Advertisement
Posters talking about he too small must never saw Zion Nelson Sr pics...he was of similar stature if not smaller
Zion is the example on how we’ll build our front wall .

The stone the builders (we’ve ) rejected ( Zion ) has become the cornerstone .

Sounds familiar 🙌🙌🙌.

Zion will leave behind a legacy

GOCANES

Pitt lost their OL commit from Glades Central and Mann is looking around so he is most likely next on decommit watch.

Go Canes

If we are gonna be playing that fast pace offense we are gonna be better off getting skinnier leaner guys who can put on muscle instead of guys who are huge and struggle to keep off bad weight. Look at Donaldson, who had to redshirt and i think Rivers had to slim down.

Mann de-committed from Pitt, in case anyone cares. It sounds like we're looking at him as an O-lineman, even though everyone else wants him as a D-lineman and he is having a strong senior year on the D line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jury is still out on Justice as a developer. Grab whatever recruits we can but we'll need to hit the portal for some quality.

Jury is not out, the negligence verdict is in, whom has he developed over the years? Coach Hayes frequently discusses UM'S oline lack of proper blocking schematics such as utilitizing more Pin & Pull blocking or less zone blocking and more power run down down blocking.

With this year being a F'ing get the attention of the NFL money year for Zion, Donaldson, Williams, and even Corey; Coach Justice has allowed them all to regress or stagnate. Donaldson looks un focused and out of shape in his last year of eligibility. Coach Justice should have been attached at the hip with Donaldson trying to get him right for his last chance to get NFL ready.

Justice has not put 1 player in the NFL in his entire career, this year he could have had 4 drafted in late rounds at least. The jury is rendered the verdict Justice is not ready for the big boy P5 table. Our OL doesn't communicate well. Plays in unaware and uninspired. Here is a simple example of watch how many times a Miami olinemen helps a RB up off the ground after the play is over, that simple act speaks to protective pride. How many times has Miami been stuffed in short yardage situations, that speaks to the oline identity being instilled by coach Justice. He is a nice guy, but he needs to be at a Arizona or San Diego St, he talks a good game but is not ready from a development point as evidenced by his units lack of development. He needs more teaching tools in his bag.

Go Canes

Last edited:
We better hope Mario works the portal hard then

Mario and Alex can easily go and take Dumervil and Martinez from LSU. That’s 2 guys that will be in their 3rd year who are ready to compete for jobs and have multiple years of eligibility left.

Advertisement
Back