New ‘22 OL offer Bradley Mann

Eh. I am somewhere in the middle on this. We should be doing better, but I am not anywhere close to out on Justice recruiting wise yet like some are.

It absolutely PAINS me to say this, but FSU’s OL has been absolute dogsh*t for going on 5 years and they haven’t pumped out anything yet they are flipping their OL room like we are doing our CB room. They are throwing numbers at it and signing quality blue chip guys who aren’t years away from seeing the field physically. So no, I disagree with you that these are the type of guys we have to settle for, that just isn't true. We need to do better. I’m just saying 🤷🏾‍♂️.
Not really bro. Yea they have 4 guys committed but none of them are ranked higher than an 89. They are throwing numbers at it but not much quality and I certainly dont think these guys are ready to play now.

Edit: This is coming after a year which they only signed 1 o lineman and he was also rated an 89

Advertisement
Not really bro. Yea they have 4 guys committed but none of them are ranked higher than an 89. They are throwing numbers at it but not much quality and I certainly dont think these guys are ready to play now.

Edit: This is coming after a year which they only signed 1 o lineman and he was also rated an 89
Not really what?

I meant ready to play purely from a weight/physical standpoint. The post that I was replying to was that we have to settle for light in the *** guys that we have to build because we havent produced anything. FSU hasn’t produced anything and they arent settling for those types, so why should we?

And yes, they have 4 guys with public verbals now, with another one on the way soon (Jaylen Early, 6’4 320, 92 rating) and we have none. So again, my point is, why do we have to settle for these under developed types again?

....and fwiw, I do ultimately think we will be fine here because I think the season we are about to have will get us over the hump and more names will emerge etc but my question of, “why do we have to settle for these types?” still remains?

Pitt BC Iowa and Wisconsin always find diamonds in the rough.

I think in Wisconsin case is more of a myth than reality.
Since 2012 they have signed 18 olinemen that were in the top 40 of their position rankings by 247.
Right now they have 3 of the top OTs for 2022.
Although they do develop, they aren't developing nobodies.

Are you insinuating that a kid who is 6’6 and 260lbs in the summer before his senior year of high school isn’t going to be big enough to play offensive line at the FBS level? That’s what you’re saying? Seriously?
Yea i don't evne know what to say to this given what we've just seen from Zion and how we've in the past turned TE's to OL. I almost prefer that sometimes so they keep their movement, but i'm no OL expert. 6'6" 260 in high school seems plenty big right now.

Advertisement
Amazing what 25 years does with evolution. Pete Kendall was 260 max at BC frosh year. Played in the show between 285 and 3hundo.

Dude was a mountain of a man back then. My wife met him his last year or two in the show and asked if he was a TE. 260 is small for soon to be HS senior. Crazy. It’s evolution baby!

Since 2012 they have signed 18 olinemen that were in the top 40 of their position rankings by 247.
Naw I believe they get oversized TEs n mold them but lately they have gotten more highly rated lineman. I think last year or the year b4 they got a 5 star OT.

Actually the last 3 cycles they've really killed it up front. They've gotten 2 or 3 5 stars.

Advertisement
Carswell is 15-20lbs heavier, neither looks like a d1 lineman. Both need a couple years of conditioning.

Just my opinion...hope we can get both, we need the bodies.
Would rather the Pitt commit then carswell. In a larger recruiting class id want both.

he has height and athleticism, but if he's to survive in d1 he'll need to put on a lot of weight. from the highlights his frame looks narrow, not sure how easy that'll be for him.
Do you remember how thin Zion was as a HS rising senior?

OL is about projecting kids, not recruiting Cyrim Wimbs over and over again.

Top 40 is a long way from top couple rounds of the draft.

But mostly, I think they're good at evaluating local prospects and have a great talent base for OL to pick from.

They have competition and run a power run offense so it's a good training ground for OL and attracts them.

Advertisement
Oline is always a crapshoot.. Justice comes from that zone blocking west virginia trickett school of thought I think, he wants big frame light on feet guys that can develop.. Let him get his guys that fit his philosophy and see if he can make it work.. Getting those overweight fat boys then trying to take off weight has been a chore, try something else.. see if it works.

Last edited:
Oline is always a crapshoot.. Justice comes from that zone blocking west virginia trickett school of thought I think, he wants big frame light on feet guys that can develop.. Let him get his guys that fit his philosophy and see if he can make it work.. Getting those overweight fat boys the trying to take off weight has been a chore, try something else.. see if it works.
Agree 100% with this

Advertisement
Oline is always a crapshoot.. Justice comes from that zone blocking west virginia trickett school of thought I think, he wants big frame light on feet guys that can develop.. Let him get his guys that fit his philosophy and see if he can make it work.. Getting those overweight fat boys then trying to take off weight has been a chore, try something else.. see if it works.
Don't be confused Coach Justice missed on his big boy 300+ lbs recruits ( ie Williams, Hood, etc)

now he is focusing on the skinnier development type bodies.

Go Canes

They get a 5 star ol **** near every class. It's a myth that they get projexts..they get monsters and shirt them
Yep they shirt everyone, even the 5 stars and they don’t even want them playing the 4 games to maintain shirt. Just focus on getting your body right, learning proper technique and system. Very rarely do any start before their RS Sophomore seasons. Big difference between 20-21 seasoned men to 17-18 year olds newbies on OL.

Advertisement
Back