2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Just on the 'official' visit front, aren't those set up to be done in a group manner with travel and hotel accomodations provided, all meals - beginning on Friday night, with multiple staff present and player hosts? Is that practical for an individual rolling in on Sun. evening?
Now the Pyburn's I gather seem moreso concerned with scheme, training - nuts and bolts type of stuff first and foremost, before the frills and prolly aren't sweating the expense. He can always official if things progress.

Advertisement
Was he somewhere else on an official earlier this weekend and still got down to UM Sunday?

Advertisement
Jacksonville is the smallest feeling "big city" that I've been to in the country. And I was there for 4 years in college.

How long ago was that? It's changing pretty quickly. The downtown is getting taller. All the Winn Dixie land on the east side has been sold and is slated for development. The whole area around J Turner Butler Boulevard is full of new corporate developments and traffic is terrible now.

Look, I made fun of Jax for 30 or 40 years, particularly the smell. But stuff has been rapidly changing the last 8-10 years.

Lived in Jax for over 20 years.
Bolles is similar to Gulliver in Miami.
Jeb Bush son attended Bolles.
Jacksonville is much slower pace than Miami but the “country people” are mostly in north and west Jacksonville. Should not assume that Pyburn is a country boy.

Exactly. Jax east of the St. John's is very different than the rest. And my cousin has lived west of the river for a decade, she's definitely country.

Kid said in his interview, if a school felt right, he would commit on the spot. He hasn't committed to Auburn unless I missed something. Miami is on deck.....

He said in that interview that e is getting it over byt he end of this week.
Id say they are in the drivers seat and we would have to blow the visit out the water.

Driving distance from Jacksonville to Miami is the same exact time going to Auburn as well..so aint like we have a location advantage.

I WANT THIS BEAST INT HIS CLASS SOMETHING SERIOUS...but a kid that went to a school like Bolles seems to have that SEC, SEC, SEC feel to it.

Advertisement
How long ago was that? It's changing pretty quickly. The downtown is getting taller. All the Winn Dixie land on the east side has been sold and is slated for development. The whole area around J Turner Butler Boulevard is full of new corporate developments and traffic is terrible now.

Look, I made fun of Jax for 30 or 40 years, particularly the smell. But stuff has been rapidly changing the last 8-10 years.
Well, I graduated from JU in 2010, so it's been 12 years lol. I go back every few years (probably won't go back as much now that the football team is defunct). Honestly, I do believe that it is growing. I still have friends that live in the city and surrounding areas. Would I go back there to live? Doubtful, unless a GRRRRRREAT job came calling.

I remember the area near UNF was decent when I lived there, I'd imagine it's even better now.

Advertisement
Here's the interview he gave the Auburn Rivals reporter last night after he landed in Miami:

Holding 23 offers, the Bolles prospect detailed his official visit to Auburn over the weekend.

“Auburn was fantastic,” Pyburn said. “Amazing. I really do love Auburn. It was incredible. It checked all my boxes. I love the coaching staff, the culture, and I love the atmosphere. It set the bar pretty high.”

More insight was given on the activities during the visit.

“I went to a lot of good dinners, hung out with the players, saw the entire campus, toured the stadium, and had dinner with (head) coach (Bryan) Harsin at his house. I was really impressed. I saw the renderings of the new facilities, that will be insane.”

Dinner at coach Harsin’s house, Pyburn provided more information.

“We just hung out, had dinner and watched football,” Pyburn stated. “We also watched the Auburn basketball game.”

Throughout his visit on The Plains, linebackers coach Bert Watts was there to show Pyburn around.

“Coach Watts, he was pretty much with me the entire visit,” Pyburn said. “We spent a lot of time together, he was cool.”

The time with the War Eagle coaches gave Pyburn a greater understanding of how they’d use him within their defensive scheme.

“They see me as an edge defender,” Pyburn shared. “They consider me as “Weapon X”. Right now, I am an edge, but I could grow into an end. They see me as a true edge. I was very impressed with their defense and how they use their players.”

Loving Auburn after the visit, Pyburn shared his thoughts on the Tigers’ program.

“I like where they are heading,” Pyburn said. “I like coach Harsin and what he is preaching. All the games they lost, other than the Georgia game, were close. They are coming up and heading in the right direction.”

Pyburn’s schedule does not let up with a return to his Bolles campus. He conducted the interview after landing in Miami preparing to meet with the Hurricanes unofficially on Monday.

“I am excited to be here,” Pyburn said. “I am excited to tour the campus. I really like the Miami coaches. I am excited to see what Miami is about.”

After his Miami trip, the schedule could get heavy or stay light.

“As of right now, what I may do with visits is dad by day,” Pyburn shared. “I could be on two or three more visits with a possible official next weekend.”

Letting Pyburn know he is a priority, Auburn and Miami are set to spend more time with Pyburn.

“Coach (Mario) Cristobal will be at my house on Tuesday and Auburn is coming by later in the week or early next week,” Pyburn stated. “Those are the ones I know of so far. I haven’t been able to talk to coaches during my visit. I am sure tomorrow I will have some phone calls.”

Well, I graduated from JU in 2010, so it's been 12 years lol. I go back every few years (probably won't go back as much now that the football team is defunct). Honestly, I do believe that it is growing. I still have friends that live in the city and surrounding areas. Would I go back there to live? Doubtful, unless a GRRRRRREAT job came calling.

I remember the area near UNF was decent when I lived there, I'd imagine it's even better now.

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about, the part of Jax east of the St. John's. Growing fast, and not as "country" as the west and north sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back