2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid is country. Nothing wrong with that, but for a kid that country to be comfortable in Miami would make him the exception; Medearis, Shockey, Todd Sievers, and a few others. But the rule is that country kids aren’t comfortable in big cities.
I don’t know man when you go from the country to these places like a Coral Gables sometimes something in you has a desire for those types of things and for others it can be a that’s not for me. Lots of country at heart people enjoy the city life.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s the craziest thing I’ve seen , it’s like a cult lol. I have peeps in Bama and my young cousin showed up with that **** haircut. It must be like a Vax mandate but for hair cuts for white teens. And it hasn’t changed in fifteen years.
25 years easy. I went to school there in the late 90's. I almost spit my drink out after reading your post. The accuracy regarding the type of cut!! LMAO

I lived in Jax for 4 years and it is definitely not country. Plenty of friends born and raised in Duval county and not anywhere near country, come on man. Generalize much? . Does Jax have countryish parts like up Near yulee? Sure, but below the airport is def not anywhere near country more like a tad smaller Tampa. Do a lot of people like country music up there??? Yes, if that counts as being country then we might as well call FT Lauderdale as country too. Heck cuban buddies of mine in Miami love country music, I’m going to start calling them bumpkins lmao.

The city of Jax is not country or nowhere near country living. It’s like where I grew up in North Jersey being called nasty and industrial because of a city like Newark or Linden. Or Mafioso because there is a crime family in one city and everyone has a northeast accent lol.

I’m from Polk County. That’s REAL country and there are places way more country than that.

Jacksonville more country than Miami but it ain’t really country.

I live in St Augustine. The real rednecks are getting harder and harder to find. When I go to Jacksonville I mostly see soy boys, hipsters, middle class black people, villain look a likes, and Mexicans. The rednecks are few and far between just on the streets of the city. I am sure there are places they congregate but they are not the majority of what I see.

Summery of what was said? I quit doing rivals
I don't have rivals but here's my guess:
- Visit went well
- Loved the coaches and atmosphere at Miami
- Miami is definitely in the mix
- Stone crabs were exquisite but he prefers Joe's
- Deciding on Feb 2nd

Advertisement
Not gone be a LB here dude said he is up to 265
How do you know? This isn’t Manny defense anymore. Just like I don’t expect a 6’0 230 Thomas Davis to play DE under Cristobal, you never know where they’d line up a kid like Pyburn.

I’m not so sure if this doesn’t commit that it’s a loss. I’m not really impress at all, but that’s just me.

Advertisement
Something about his name brings back memories of lab experiments for Chem 101.

Advertisement
To me, both police cars and a truck with a confederate flag are the same thing. Slow down and get the **** out of here.
That interview, while not negative, wasn't overly encouraging. He didn't really spend much time on campus compared to the time spent at Auburn.

He liked the small campus feel .

"The weather is beautiful, the place is beautiful, and Coach Cristobal, what he has envisioned for this place is really special," Pyburn told InsideTheU. "People have been trying to bring The U back for who knows how long now. Coach Cristobal was The U and he was a part of it and he knows what it takes and I'm very impressed and I love everything about what he's got going on."

Pyburn also liked what he saw from the SEC program over the weekend.

"Auburn was great. I loved everything about the place and I really like what the coaching staff has going on over there, the things they believe in also and where that program is going as well," Pyburn said.

Bryan Harsin and Derek Mason view the Sunshine State's top-ranked heavyweight wrestler as a different maker on that defense.

"Just me as an EDGE player, they see me as a weapon and that I would be a critical part of their defense. They're a winning culture and they're going to get things done to win. They preach a 1-0 method. Every win matters, every week matters. I loved it," Pyburn said.
Now I know why he’s probably leaning Auburn. They’re trying to make him an edge player instead of a hand in the dirt type DL.

Ferman's story"

Pyburn says he was blown away by both the Auburn visit and his time at UM and doesn’t have much separation between the two right now. He’s in no hurry to make a decision and will be discussing things with his family and hosting coaches from both schools at his home in the days ahead. (West virginia is running a distant third)

“I’d say the biggest thing is what this new staff is trying to build,” Pyburn said. “People have been saying they’re trying to bring back The U forever now but I feel coach Cristobal really embodies The U, was part of the original U. I think he’ll bring back what that stands for.”

He adds that “I was with the entire coaching staff - I spent a lot of time with coach (Joe) Salave’a and a ton of time with coach Cristobal. I love them, they are incredible people.”

He says he took the visit as an unofficial because he could only stay one day. He has the opportunity to come back and spend the entire weekend. the family ended their long day at Monty's in the Grove, having stone crabs for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back