2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
All that needs to be said.....

1642469597445.png

Advertisement
Well, I graduated from JU in 2010, so it's been 12 years lol. I go back every few years (probably won't go back as much now that the football team is defunct). Honestly, I do believe that it is growing. I still have friends that live in the city and surrounding areas. Would I go back there to live? Doubtful, unless a GRRRRRREAT job came calling.

I remember the area near UNF was decent when I lived there, I'd imagine it's even better now.
I had a few buddies on the JU football team at the time you were there. Did you play there by chance? I took one semester at JU before transferring to UNF because I realized I couldn’t afford it.

I graduated from UNF, the area around there (St.Johns Towncenter) has grown like crazy (everything from Louis Vuitton to Top Golf
on that road now). @TheOriginalCane is right, west of the river can be pretty country, east of the river to the beach definitely isn’t country. The north side is mostly hood, but I guess to some folk from different regions that could be considered hood/country. Than you’ve got the riverside area which is the artsy/hipster side of town.

It’s really naive to stereotype Jax as country, it shows ignorance to a vast majority of the city.

I will agree that Jax has a small town city vibe compared to Miami, Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles. But we aren’t far off from Tampa and places similar.

I would be very surprised if Pyburn signs with Miami. Jacksonville has a strange relationship with Miami. In its heyday they were the movie making capital, huge in shipping and base for large business. Many in Jacksonville are resentful of Miami taking over as the top city in Florida.
It’s silly but they resent Miami greatly.

Advertisement
I would be very surprised if Pyburn signs with Miami. Jacksonville has a strange relationship with Miami. In its heyday they were the movie making capital, huge in shipping and base for large business. Many in Jacksonville are resentful of Miami taking over as the top city in Florida.
It’s silly but they resent Miami greatly.
I’m sure this kid hates Miami because “Miami took over as the top city in Florida”….

I’m from Polk County. That’s REAL country and there are places way more country than that.

Jacksonville more country than Miami but it ain’t really country.

I live in St Augustine. The real rednecks are getting harder and harder to find. When I go to Jacksonville I mostly see soy boys, hipsters, middle class black people, villain look a likes, and Mexicans. The rednecks are few and far between just on the streets of the city. I am sure there are places they congregate but they are not the majority of what I see.
Does Rooster’s in Bayard still fly that giant confederate flag ?
Lived up there for over 20 years but sold my beach home in PV three years ago so have not been back.

Being from South Florida I was actually surprised to find out Jacksonville is the largest city by population in Florida when looking into it years ago. Always thought it was Miami.

Advertisement
Being from South Florida I was actually surprised to find out Jacksonville is the largest city by population in Florida when looking into it years ago. Always thought it was Miami.
Jacksonville city limits are stupidly large, they have a claim to the largest city by area in the US if I recall. Our population is broken up over countless cities across ~5 counties?

I had a few buddies on the JU football team at the time you were there. Did you play there by chance? I took one semester at JU before transferring to UNF because I realized I couldn’t afford it.

I graduated from UNF, the area around there (St.Johns Towncenter) has grown like crazy (everything from Louis Vuitton to Top Golf
on that road now). @TheOriginalCane is right, west of the river can be pretty country, east of the river to the beach definitely isn’t country. The north side is mostly hood, but I guess to some folk from different regions that could be considered hood/country. Than you’ve got the riverside area which is the artsy/hipster side of town.

It’s really naive to stereotype Jax as country, it shows ignorance to a vast majority of the city.

I will agree that Jax has a small town city vibe compared to Miami, Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles. But we aren’t far off from Tampa and places similar.
I played my first two years at JU (redshirted my first year). Then my second year, I busted up my leg a la Dak Prescott's injury from last season. Tried to rehab and come back, but a new coach/mental fatigue from rehabbing caused me to stop playing. But I did help out with film sometimes, and I worked for the school newspaper, so there's a pretty good chance I know the guys you know that played on the team.

I always loved going to UNF: way more girls there than JU, the parties on that side of town just seemed more fun lol. If UNF had football, I woulda cut my financial losses and transferred over there.

It’s the craziest thing I’ve seen , it’s like a cult lol. I have peeps in Bama and my young cousin showed up with that **** haircut. It must be like a Vax mandate but for hair cuts for white teens. And it hasn’t changed in fifteen years.
@Cribby, they also have been bleaching the back part of their hair as well, I looked at my son and was like "what's up with all of these goofy looking hairdo's?" of course his response was "You're just old dad." If 50 is old then I am just old however my son who is 18 hasn't come in the house with a haircut like that because he knows the massive amount of ridicule he would have to endure if he did. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back