2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

Jump in here with the projections...definitely all-neck team. Looking at the shoulders, is the frame there to think he'll pack on more good weight to play SDE or move inside situationally? Wonder how long the arms are? Kids upper body looks like that of an upper-classman linebacker.

He said in that interview that e is getting it over byt he end of this week.
Id say they are in the drivers seat and we would have to blow the visit out the water.

Driving distance from Jacksonville to Miami is the same exact time going to Auburn as well..so aint like we have a location advantage.

I WANT THIS BEAST INT HIS CLASS SOMETHING SERIOUS...but a kid that went to a school like Bolles seems to have that SEC, SEC, SEC feel to it.
My biggest fear next to UF offering is that haircut he’s rocking. That’s definitely one of those Hoover High Alabama kid hair cuts lol.

That interview, while not negative, wasn't overly encouraging. He didn't really spend much time on campus compared to the time spent at Auburn.

He liked the small campus feel .

"The weather is beautiful, the place is beautiful, and Coach Cristobal, what he has envisioned for this place is really special," Pyburn told InsideTheU. "People have been trying to bring The U back for who knows how long now. Coach Cristobal was The U and he was a part of it and he knows what it takes and I'm very impressed and I love everything about what he's got going on."

Pyburn also liked what he saw from the SEC program over the weekend.

"Auburn was great. I loved everything about the place and I really like what the coaching staff has going on over there, the things they believe in also and where that program is going as well," Pyburn said.

Bryan Harsin and Derek Mason view the Sunshine State's top-ranked heavyweight wrestler as a different maker on that defense.

"Just me as an EDGE player, they see me as a weapon and that I would be a critical part of their defense. They're a winning culture and they're going to get things done to win. They preach a 1-0 method. Every win matters, every week matters. I loved it," Pyburn said.

Advertisement
Sure sounds like hes really feeling Auburn.
Shame because he will go there for a year and transfer to MSU or Ole Miss.

”It was super cool hanging out at Coach Harsin’s house. Lotta boxes though, he said he thought he was going to move but didn’t. No pictures on the walls, said he was a minimalist or something. Anyway he called Bruce Pearl, which was awesome, didn’t pick up though.”

Advertisement
He could choose Auburn but I’ve told y’all about reading these interviews lol. Second if it’s Auburn they still have to wait until Nsd to see if UF offers. Or it could be their heart being broke if / when UF offers. That’s why I haven’t paid much attention to this. If we get him great, but there’s too many variables here to worry about with two weeks left until Nsd. If he comes back for a visit that’ll speak loudly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's why officials are important, much more is allowed during official visits.

Advertisement
@Cribby when I read this I laughed out loud, my son and I watched the Hoover Thompson game this year and you are dead on with this, heck its even like that with the Thompson kids.
It’s the craziest thing I’ve seen , it’s like a cult lol. I have peeps in Bama and my young cousin showed up with that **** haircut. It must be like a Vax mandate but for hair cuts for white teens. And it hasn’t changed in fifteen years.

The kid is country. Nothing wrong with that, but for a kid that country to be comfortable in Miami would make him the exception; Medearis, Shockey, Todd Sievers, and a few others. But the rule is that country kids aren’t comfortable in big cities.

If we can get Pyburn back for a full official weekend, we have a shot. Otherwise, it's the Barners.

And if Billy Gaypier calls at 8:01 a.m. on February 2nd, it's the Gaytors...

Kid cited specifics for HOW Auburn planned to use him, dined at HC's home, and met with DC. On his unofficial at Miami he mentioned being unable to meet with anyone Sunday night but expected 'phone calls' today. From interview sounds like he at least spoke with (likely met) Cristobal.
Doesn't sound great, but It's an unofficial and we don't know all the circumstances leading up to and including the visit. There is however supposed to be an in-home tomorrow. Maybe they call it off - who knows. IF there is REAL mutual interest Mario will come hard tomorrow and hopefully have Salavea with him. Maybe the best play if things get real would be for Miami to keep this one on the dowwwn-low. Why poke the Gator. If they gonna sleep, let 'em sleep.

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about, the part of Jax east of the St. John's. Growing fast, and not as "country" as the west and north sides.
Have to agree to disagree. Must have different ideas of what country is. Lived on west side for over 9 years in 70,s and 80,s. Was far from being country. Of course areas I lived in were mostly military and retired military. That is a very diverse group of people but not close to what I call country. Had 2 children with full rides to JU on academic ships. They both still live in what is called five points on west side of river and that is not country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back