Nesta calling us out?

Advertisement
Fugg it.

I won't gimmick infringe @PIPO even if we're in the same faction.

eastbound-and-down-comedy-series.gif

#shotsfired
#a****ingShowdown

Is this team better or worse without Nesta at what may be our thinnest position?

Once again with your false equivalencies.

I realize that you enjoy being super-repetitive, what with your 15-0 schtick and all, but this wasn't about on-field play.

As of February 17, 2022, can I (or anyone) prove to you that this team is better without Nesta "at what may be our thinnest position"? **** no, nobody can make that argument, we have yet to fully REPLACE Nesta with any recruits or transfers.

But does MARIO feel that the team is better without the one guy who chose not to buy in on Day 1 (and, sure, there may be other guys who tap out over the next month or two)? Yes, Mario is fine "without Nesta at what may be our thinnest position"?

Look, I'm not going to get down on you personally, but this kind of thinking is why we have so many clueless fans. They think this game is about stats and depth charts and "better or worse" as if it was a math equation. Fans who ignore culture and team-building and leadership and intangibles.

Fine. Let's whine about how many sacks and TFLs just walked out the door. I prefer to roll with the 83 or 84 guys who didn't antagonize Mario until he had to tell them to GTFO. We've got six months to add Portal guys.

So ask yourself this. Do you think our team will be "better or worse" when we pull a DT out of the Portal who is as good (if not better) than Nesta on the field AND who brings more team-focus and intangibles to the table?

Because THAT is the question you should be asking. Not "is this team better or worse without Nesta at what may be our thinnest postion". Because THAT logic (or illogic) is what drove Manny Diaz to keep playing (and starting) guys who dropped passes, committed penalties, and missed tackles. Over and over and over again.

Yep, let's justify keeping problematic players BECAUSE WE ARE THIN. Let's keep Manny Diaz for another year "because we don't know with certainty who will replace him". Let's keep Beta Blake around because we can't replace everyone on our BOT all at once, and the BOT is the real problem.

Sorry, I have no personal animus with you, but your 15 word question/post was a succinct summary of all the bad thinking and horrible rationalizing that Miami football has done for nearly 20 years.

Your question is what got us here.

Give the kid a break. He just landed in a massive dumpster fire. And yessss....I know the scenery is good there but that should be irrelevant to suchhhhh a fiery warrior like Ol' Nesta Dumb Penalty Gettin' Jade Silvera.

Advertisement
Once again with your false equivalencies.

I realize that you enjoy being super-repetitive, what with your 15-0 schtick and all, but this wasn't about on-field play.

As of February 17, 2022, can I (or anyone) proved to you that this team is better without Nesta "at what may be our thinnest position"? **** no, nobody can make that argument, we have yet to fully REPLACE Nesta with any recruits or transfers.

But does MARIO feel that the team is better without the one guy who chose not to buy in on Day 1 (and, sure, there may be other guys who tap out over the next month or two)? Yes, Mario is fine "without Nesta at what may be our thinnest position"?

Look, I'm not going to get down on you personally, but this kind of thinking is why we have so many clueless fans. They think this game is about stats and depth charts and "better or worse" as if it was a math equation. Fans who ignore culture and team-building and leadership and intangibles.

Fine. Let's whine about how many sacks and TFLs just walked out the door. I prefer to roll with the 83 or 84 guys who didn't antagonize Mario until he had to tell them to GTFO. We've got six months to add Portal guys.

So ask yourself this. Do you think our team will be "better or worse" when we pull a DT out of the Portal who is as good (if not better) than Nesta on the field AND who brings more team-focus and intangibles to the table?

Because THAT is the question you should be asking. Not "is this team better or worse without Nesta at what may be our thinnest postion". Because THAT logic (or illogic) is what drove Manny Diaz to keep playing (and starting) guys who dropped passes, committed penalties, and missed tackles. Over and over and over again.

Yep, let's justify keeping problematic players BECAUSE WE ARE THIN. Let's keep Manny Diaz for another year "because we don't know with certainty who will replace him". Let's keep Beta Blake around because we can't replace everyone on our BOT all at once, and the BOT is the real problem.

Sorry, I have no personal animus with you, but your 15 word question/post was a succinct summary of all the bad thinking and horrible rationalizing that Miami football has done for nearly 20 years.

Your question is what got us here.

So we’re worse.

I'm not offended, I'm going to mock that tuff-talking soft-batch cookie of a DT.

Let's get Nesta a log-in name and I'll wear out that middle-finger reaction emoji.
Lol I mean.... I wouldn't defend him or try to talk you out of it. Just saying tho.

I'm not offended, I'm going to mock that tuff-talking soft-batch cookie of a DT.

Let's get Nesta a log-in name and I'll wear out that middle-finger reaction emoji.
You just weren't watching what he was doing away from the ball. He was drawing quadruple teams and literally shutting off half the field to opposing team running games. 🤪

Advertisement
Advertisement
So we’re worse.

You, certainly, are worse.

Your way of thinking is exactly why Miami football has failed for 20 years.

We are neither better or worse at this moment. We are not playing any games for the next 6 months. ****, we are not even practicing. And as so many practice observers have explained, Manny didn't even make the upperclassmen on defense practice, so I'm not sure what you think Nesta contributed last year that is so irreplaceable.

But, sure. Are we worse off for "make the crib great again" fake swag? Absolutely.

If you are too pvssified to have a bit of confidence in hitting the Portal to cure cancer, then just keep your mouth shut for the next 6 months, and we can revisit this then. If you want to tell everyone that you "told us so" when we are forced to line up 4 defensive ends in September, that is your prerogative.

Bookmark this thread in your "favorites". Put a calendar reminder on your Android phone. Tell both of your friends that you are going to have your revenge in the fall. Knock yourself out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back