Negotiated Buyout

Am not sure that UM can afford another "buyout".

Blake needs to simply force change upon this man. Fire the QB coach and hire an OC. Tell the new OC that he has 100% authority over the offense, and tell Richt that he if interferes, UM will fire him publicly and for cause.
This honestly seems like the best course of action.

Advertisement
unless Flake gets canned too it won't make a bit of difference because he will just go and hire another clown to lead this program.The guy has no clue what he's doing so firing one without the other will just result in another buyout 2-3 years down the road.

Negotiated buyout? Is this real life? We're only in this situation because our decision makers love this self-inflicted cancer approach. These decision makers gave Golden 5 years and never forced him to make any changes. Our decision makers aren't doing anything.

Am not sure that UM can afford another "buyout".

Blake needs to simply force change upon this man. Fire the QB coach and hire an OC. Tell the new OC that he has 100% authority over the offense, and tell Richt that he if interferes, UM will fire him publicly and for cause.
Completely agree with this approach. The program is more important than richt and right now he is holding it hostage with his offensive experiment.

Advertisement
Forgive the uninformed posters that don't understand Mark is playing Chess not checkers with Miami. Coach richt is going to collect every penny of his interest from his $1 million annuity investment in the UM IPF Fund; oh sorry I meant coaching contract with Miami.

Starting from 2018 season forward to 2023 at $4 million a year that is 2000% ROI.

Go Canes

I disagree with you Paranos. Richt amassed sizable wealth at Georgia. He looked completely dejected at last night's Press Conference. Richt cares about his legacy, and if he performs as abjectly during 2019 as he did this year, he will retire a laughingstock.

The buyout may be manageable since both parties had faith in one another when they signed it.

If Richt implodes again during 2019, as he undoubtedly will, he will settle for a reasonable "buyout".

You really think that he would be willing to stand on that sideline during the 2020 season after another drubbing?

I disagree with you Paranos. Richt amassed sizable wealth at Georgia. He looked completely dejected at last night's Press Conference. Richt cares about his legacy, and if he performs as abjectly during 2019 as he did this year, he will retire a laughingstock.

The buyout may be manageable since both parties had faith in one another when they signed it.

If Richt implodes again during 2019, as he undoubtedly will, he will settle for a reasonable "buyout".

You really think that he would be willing to stand on that sideline during the 2020 season after another drubbing?

Why wouldn't he be willing to stand on the sideline, he has for 30 years lol.

Go Canes

Why wouldn't he be willing to stand on the sideline, he has for 30 years lol.

Go Canes

Yes, but he was winning 9-10 games a year in a "cow town". He also had a Foundation that was buying him top-8 recruiting classes (no, he did not participate in the payments - they made the payments despite him).

He is now in a 4M person city in which 63% of the denizens are certifiably crazy. (You should hear the horror stories that Golden's kids went through. Talk to their orthodontist.)

No one wants to wake up every, single day and hear from the press, the populace and the university that you are stealing from them....

Yes, but he was winning 9-10 games a year in a "cow town". He also had a Foundation that was buying him top-8 recruiting classes (no, he did not participate in the payments - they made the payments despite him).

He is now in a 4M person city in which 63% of the denizens are certifiably crazy. (You should hear the horror stories that Golden's kids went through. Talk to their orthodontist.)

No one wants to wake up every, single day and hear from the press, the populace and the university that you are stealing from them....

Wait a sec...we need more details on golden’s kids, please dont tease us

Advertisement

Indulge us with some of these “horror stories”

Buyout? This is the same BOT that wouldn't give Davis a raise to keep him from jumping to the NFL. And that was after Davis ushered us through sanctions to the point of national dominance.

I laughed and almost cried because this is true.
1546031949172.gif

Advertisement
I thought his contract ended after 2021. It was a gut punch when I saw it runs through 2023. There is no way Miami has that kind of cash laying around for buyouts.

Hence, why Blake James should be fired for such incompetence. A Head Coach, who hasn’t won a National nor ACC title should not have the University of Miami by the balls. ESPECIALLY after the Golden **** show.

Wait a sec...we need more details on golden’s kids, please dont tease us

No, no.

My point is that this is not the type of city that will accept 7-6 for two more years.

At best people will start killing the Richt's pets, or setting their cars ablaze. At worst......who knows.

Imagine the climate these yahoos will endure if Miami loses 35-3 to the "Gaytah" next year (The words of the song "Danger" by Mr. Sixx of the Crue come to mind).

[I think the wife actually moved the kids to New Jersey right after UM fired him.]

lol miami got sued by two coaches bc they didnt pay their buyouts fully and you think theyre in a spot to buyout richt in the middle of a deal thats paying him 4 mill annually? hes not getting fired till at least next year.

Advertisement
Negotiated buyout is the way out, Mork does not like to be attacked and does not like confrontation.
Keep the pressure on him, maybe he will bale out.
0correct you are sir, been saying this all year, put enough pressure on him, he'll fold

One thing. Miami is my hometown. When I say that 63% of its denizens are insane, I mean that as a tremendous compliment. I love this city and all of its lunacies. Am part of that 63%.

Advertisement
Back