Need TE depth

Advertisement
I've been ahead of the curve on wanting another TE. I don't want another freshman, but wanted a blocking tight end.

I know we've got Polendy...but I just don't feel comfortable with him.

It seems we aren't getting another TE in the 2019 cycle, and I guess I'll be fine with that, but I do feel Irvin II, Polendy, and even Hodges will have to step up and provide a contribution we have not seen from them yet.

Also, you may see more production from Will Mallory as more of a big, flexed out, slot WR over an in-line guy to get he and Jordan on the field more. Which means I think the need for a veteran, blocking TE is needed. We were trotting out Hillery in this role by the end of the year.

Move Cager to TE. He already catches like a blocking TE.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean...push comes to shove...Patchan was a TE for a little and Zion weighs like 240 so he could be a blocking TE this year if needed. Also Evidence could line up inside for the pass game part

Guess we should've grabbed the USF TE transfer last year when the board insisted that 2 frosh would come in and own the ACC. #Dejavu

Advertisement
I think Hodges plays right away.

With all the formations and personnel groupings that Enos throws out there, Hodges’s versatility and IQ will get him on the field.

I think Hodges plays right away.

With all the formations and personnel groupings that Enos throws out there, Hodges’s versatility and IQ will get him on the field.
He's a straight playmaker and will give linebackers fits in the right plays. Most underrated recruit in this class

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back