Need TE depth

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can live w our top 3 this year. Realms can double as a blocking TE

I was tryna figure out do Realms is... lol like **** we csm go to different realms.... that's championship material. Lol but yeah Realus can be an H- back type. Maybe even MI87, if healthy enough, he's just a RS Junior.

Advertisement
Bring in Seither ans we're fine. Need to add Darius Washington on the oline and 2 more om the dline at least. Thankfully we seem to be in good position for Hunte and possibly Boykin

Advertisement
That’s football. Mallory and Jordan’s injury weren’t significant. Irvin II is already back

Irvin and Mallory are great but then you have.

Mediocre, Overweight, Unmotivated Irvin
In over his head Polendy
And then there's Hodges who i really like as an H back, but he's 6'1"...

The situation isn't dire by any means but Hodges should RS and we should bring a guy to compete for the 3rd spot imo.

I was one of the few guys making this same argument last year and was lambasted for it, and we ended the season with 0 healthy TE's.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jordan, Mallory, Irvin II and Polendy aren’t enough depth??? That’s FOUR vets

I've been ahead of the curve on wanting another TE. I don't want another freshman, but wanted a blocking tight end.

I know we've got Polendy...but I just don't feel comfortable with him.

It seems we aren't getting another TE in the 2019 cycle, and I guess I'll be fine with that, but I do feel Irvin II, Polendy, and even Hodges will have to step up and provide a contribution we have not seen from them yet.

Also, you may see more production from Will Mallory as more of a big, flexed out, slot WR over an in-line guy to get he and Jordan on the field more. Which means I think the need for a veteran, blocking TE is needed. We were trotting out Hillery in this role by the end of the year.

I personally do not have any issues with our TE depth. Brevin and Mallory are both elite, in which it will show in a real offense like the one we will have under Enos.

Irvin is a solid third option. I'm not huge on Polendy, but as the 4th or 5th option, he will not factor in much.

Hodges will more than likely redshirt, imo. That speaks to quality depth, when you consider the fact that we played 2 true freshman TE's for the majority of last season.

Advertisement
Back